Play Nice 2022 AFL/AFLW Crowds/TV Ratings/Stream thread

Remove this Banner Ad

More than decent Dave, that's a great crowd but if it weren't for the 150th anniversary, what do you reckon it would've drawn 50-55K
Probably a few more than that. Essendon members have long given up in 2022 so who knows. They probably would’ve drawn 55,000 still. Friday night status would’ve ensured a reasonable turn up.

Bit wet out too, could have easily been more than 65
Yes I agree. If Essendon were even half going it would’ve drawn 80,000 tonight. It’s 140th match in 2013 drew 84,000. Unfortunately not even a 150th could stir a sizeable portion of its fanbase from turning out tonight after basically calling it quits after ‘that’ first round debacle against the Cats. That set the tone for the year in the first Qtr of the first game and we haven’t bothered since.

65k for a team that is going bad in the cold... damm that's good turn out.

Yeah but you should expect that from the big 4 clubs in Victoria.
No matter how bad you’re going these teams have the capacity to still turn up. I know my supporters do. If only we had a few more Ws this year it would be 80,000 tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratings last night AFL. Even the AFL Pre match got more than the NRL game.

#8SEVEN’S AFL: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALLSeven Network452,00024,000260,00030,00075,00063,000
#1LIVE: AFL ESSENDON V CARLTONFOX FOOTY220,000
Total 672,000
#12SEVEN’S AFL: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – PRE MATCHSeven Network323,00018,000200,00019,00054,00031,000

NRL
#20FRIDAY NIGHT NRL LIVENine Network260,000141,0008,00095,0006,00010,000
#2LIVE: NRL: COWBOYS V DRAGONSFOX LEAGUE198,000
Total 458,000

Last edited:
Didn’t even realise the Lions and Broncos clashed tonight. Flicking between channels, both look like solid crowds, would hate to be driving in Brisbane tonight though.

Didn’t even realise the Lions and Broncos clashed tonight. Flicking between channels, both look like solid crowds, would hate to be driving in Brisbane tonight though.
The NRL game at Suncorp looked pretty ordinary and it wasn't that long ago the they would sellout every match!
And who was the dill at AFL fixturing that thinks going head to head with the NRL in Brisbane is a good idea?

No wonder the crowds are down with stupid decisions like Thursday night games in the middle of winter in Melbourne!

The NRL game at Suncorp looked pretty ordinary and it wasn't that long ago the they would sellout every match!
And who was the dill at AFL fixturing that thinks going head to head with the NRL in Brisbane is a good idea?

No wonder the crowds are down with stupid decisions like Thursday night games in the middle of winter in Melbourne!
Actually given that there were similar crowds at the two venues with similar respective ladder positions shows the Lions are competive with the Broncos amongst the public.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back