No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah around that time we brought in Gibbo Burgoyne Hale and recruited Smith and a bunch more. Also Spangher around then.

So even if we had a couple of issues we nailed the drafts and trades.
Was known as an excellent clubman at previous clubs so not so much a risk but more of a strengthening of culture.

Fox Footy’s David King believes Jeremy Cameron is “clearly” the best player in the competition, and warns Richmond faces a tough task stopping the star Cat.
------------
is it April Fools already?

Fox Footy’s David King believes Jeremy Cameron is “clearly” the best player in the competition, and warns Richmond faces a tough task stopping the star Cat.
------------
is it April Fools already?
Sydney by 68 pts - David King 2014 GF

Thats about how much notice you should give his insights

Lewis on 360 talking about clubs and players with issues said Hawks thought they were strong enough to bring in players who were risks in 2010 and 2013.

Anyone know who he was talking about ?
I'd say he's certainly talking about Garlett and Hooper.

People mentioning Lake haha that thought did strike me but I don't think that's what he means.

Sent from my SM-A326B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly enough the Bailey Smith Cotton On billboard just off the West Gate Freeway heading into the Power St exit has been taken down. Wonder if all the shenanigans have impacted his sponsorship, despite words to the contrary?

Carl Peterson could've been anything.
Garlett was the one who could have been anything, and he had the world at his feet. Insane skills, drafted into the best club in the league, a club he supported with the player he idolised as a mentor. I would have had more sympathy about his drug problems if he didn't get clean before flying back to Perth and relapsing, seemed at the time like everyone from the club to his girlfriend were trying to keep him straight and he just couldn't do it.

Interestingly enough the Bailey Smith Cotton On billboard just off the West Gate Freeway heading into the Power St exit has been taken down. Wonder if all the shenanigans have impacted his sponsorship, despite words to the contrar
Nope, still sponsored, just the end of the campaign

Garlett was the one who could have been anything, and he had the world at his feet. Insane skills, drafted into the best club in the league, a club he supported with the player he idolised as a mentor. I would have had more sympathy about his drug problems if he didn't get clean before flying back to Perth and relapsing, seemed at the time like everyone from the club to his girlfriend were trying to keep him straight and he just couldn't do it.

Yeh such a waste of talent. Clarko tried his hardest to convince him , he was still in regular talks with him and his family when he returned to Perth.

Sorry mate but you’re talking about a bloke who’s been accused and charged with multiple offences in relation to women including sexual assault. It’s not about “reigning it in” or the “easily offended” wanting robots, it’s about a bloke who clearly continues to fly too close to the sun with this pattern of behaviour, and is probably pretty close to doing something worse.

In terms of protecting women, the “harmless fun” excuse doesn’t and shouldn’t wash anymore (even if the women he was with was ok with it).

FWIW, I don’t think we’re talking about this if it was as an isolated incident, and the punishment seemed fine to me I really don’t care, but the bloke needs a reality check, and hopefully some of the conversation around this recent stuff delivers that (tho I’m doubtful).
What proof do we have that "she was alright with it"?

That she seemed okay in the video doesn't automatically mean she was (I know you were only replying to the previous post)

Garlett covered up his drug use in order to get drafted. We thought he’d straightened himself up, but he hadn’t.

His issues stem from a condition he’s had his entire life, that set him up to fail.

Garlett covered up his drug use in order to get drafted. We thought he’d straightened himself up, but he hadn’t.

His issues stem from a condition he’s had his entire life, that set him up to fail.
Certainly had issues, I do have sympathy for him - I just lost some given how it ended. He couldn't have been in a better situation to have resolved them.

I don't think we ever assumed he'd straightened himself out completely, there's a reason he slipped a year and 30 picks later than he should have.

It was a shame how it went with Garlett, if he somehow could have got over his regular drug use he could have been something special.
Could have been the difference for us in the 2016 finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back