Preview Changes: R15 vs North Melbourne, Sunday June 26, 12.40pm ACST in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Ruck relief
* me. The coaches are so inflexible on their structures that they’ll pick a complete dud in Himmelberg for his below average ruck relief, rather than use Murray for 3 minutes a quarter as ruck relief. Cover it by playing Doedee as the second tall defender for three minutes and shift one of the wingers back to a half back flank for that three minutes.

Picking for structure rather than on form.
It’s pathetic. Shows that Nicks has NFI

We need a coach like Hardwick that builds a game plan around the talent on the list rather than an inflexible game plan / structure that has no mind to the strengths and weaknesses of the list.

Coaching panel is a bunch of morons.

**** me. The coaches are so inflexible on their structures that they’ll pick a complete dud in Himmelberg for his below average ruck relief, rather than use Murray for 3 minutes a quarter as ruck relief. Cover it by playing Doedee as the second tall defender for three minutes and shift one of the wingers back to a half back flank for that three minutes.
This is the thing. Theyve got this ridiculous structural formula, instead of developing talent that may become premiership standard in time in mind.
Our rebuild is in disarray.

It’s pathetic. Shows that Nicks has NFI

We need a coach like Hardwick that builds a game plan around the talent on the list rather than an inflexible game plan / structure that has no mind to the strengths and weaknesses of the list.

Coaching panel is a bunch of morons.
I imagine it'll be the same thing they're doing with Newchurch that they'll do with McAsey. Had a chance to pick him while he was playing well and didn't, then when he has a down game they'll go "He has some things he needs to work on" and it's justified in their mind they were right for not picking them earlier.

I imagine it'll be the same thing they're doing with Newchurch that they'll do with McAsey. Had a chance to pick him while he was playing well and didn't, then when he has a down game they'll go "He has some things he needs to work on" and it's justified in their mind they were right for not picking them earlier.
I thought he had intimated as much on Newchurch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gallucci and McAsey were just bad picks. Gooch is running around with Williamstown and doing little.
They were bad picks.

I can at least understand what the club was thinking when they drafted Gallucci. Go back and watch his pre-draft videos and you'll see a player with elite speed and agility and excellent skills which are attributes the club was in desperate need of (and still is to this day).

I'm not as charitable about the McAsey pick. That one just reeks in every possible way. We needed to be spending our draft capital on mids. Would rather pick guys who play behind the footy later on in the draft or rookie draft.

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

Anyway, good to see Harry back in.

Would almost like to have seen Chayce spend another couple of weeks in the SANFL with full games in the midfield to see if his second half was an anomaly, or if he's really turned the corner on that front. Doubt he's coming back in to play midfield minutes in the 1's this week.

Anyway, good to see Harry back in.

Would almost like to have seen Chayce spend another couple of weeks in the SANFL with full games in the midfield to see if his second half was an anomaly, or if he's really turned the corner on that front. Doubt he's coming back in to play midfield minutes in the 1's this week.
Both are only in the squad at this stage and with Parnell named, doubt Jones is coming in.

How i would line them up, assuming can only drop players from the bench...

B: Murray, Butts, Hamill
HB: Smith, Doedee, Parnell
C: Soligo, Keays, Dawson
HF: McHenry, Walker, Rowe
F: Rachele, Fogarty, McAdam
R: O'Brien, Berry, Laird
I: Jones, Hately, Hinge, Schoenberg
Sub: Milera
E: Himmelberg, Crouch, Murphy

Murray can pinch hit as a 2nd ruckman & we play the extra midfielder.

Both are only in the squad at this stage and with Parnell named, doubt Jones is coming in.

Would be Chayce's 50th game (and in front of friends and family). Peak Adelaide would be to make him the (non-sub) travelling emergency lol.

How i would line them up, assuming can only drop players from the bench...

B: Murray, Butts, Hamill
HB: Smith, Doedee, Parnell
C: Soligo, Keays, Dawson
HF: McHenry, Walker, Rowe
F: Rachele, Fogarty, McAdam
R: O'Brien, Berry, Laird
I: Jones, Hately, Hinge, Schoenberg
Sub: Milera
E: Himmelberg, Crouch, Murphy

Murray can pinch hit as a 2nd ruckman & we play the extra midfielder.
Jnr's showing enough signs to warrant persisting with for a while yet I reckon. He seems to be slowly building I reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back