Grand Slam Wimbledon

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in two minds over Wimbledon of course I will watch but it won't be the same. I still think Krygios will make it to latter stages due to not having the pressure of ranking points. On the womrn's side I think one f the past winners will take the title maybe Kvitova, Halep. I can't see Swiatek winning just yet. I'm still annoyed that Barty will not defend the title. She would of won it easily.

I have been watching so much tennis on both sides I hope I don't have burn out before Monday. Also there will be play on the middle Sunday.
I know I am in the wrong thread but I can't be bothered switching to another one. Kudos to the Russian and Belrussian players still playing on grass in Europe. I think Medvedev would of caused some damage at Wimbledon if he was allowed to play.

Draw has been released:

Kyrgios has a pretty favourable draw, likely meeting with Tsitsipas in R3, who's worst surface is grass- Nick would start strong favourite in that. I think Nick could go as far as the QF where we could meet Berrittini.

Djokovoic also has a very good half of the draw, won't be seriously challaneged until the QF where we could meet Murray or the SF where he could meet Hurcacz.

Draw has been released:

Kyrgios has a pretty favourable draw, likely meeting with Tsitsipas in R3, who's worst surface is grass- Nick would start strong favourite in that. I think Nick could go as far as the QF where we could meet Berrittini.

Djokovoic also has a very good half of the draw, won't be seriously challaneged until the QF where we could meet Murray or the SF where he could meet Hurcacz.

Yeah Nick has to be thinking he has an opportunity to reach the QF here.

Dud match to begin with on Gem watching Purcell getting his arse kicked in. Much better viewing on Stan with Rudd, Norrie and Tiafoe all on in the early matches.

Rudd won’t last long he is terrible on grass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rain.....

yuck.

i say this every year. Wimbldon needs to start its CC matches earlier.
Reason is that Wimbledon only have one day session consisting of 3 matches at centre court, compared to the AO which has a day session of 3 matches and night session of 2 matches.

If they started earlier they'd also finish earlier. But then they also don't want to have split day and night sessions because that would finish very late and there's an 11pm noise curfew in the local area.

Davidovich Fokina had 3 match points v Hurkacz and then took some bewildering options to allow Hurkacz to break back before the rain came. He could be in the locker room with a W right now listening to the rain.

rain.....

yuck.

i say this every year. Wimbldon needs to start its CC matches earlier.

It doesn't bother me as there is only 3 matches but it's more when they get behind the schedule (like they will be tomorrow....) and they don't use them is when it's a pain

It doesn't bother me as there is only 3 matches but it's more when they get behind the schedule (like they will be tomorrow....) and they don't use them is when it's a pain

Least middle Sunday is used this year

What a roller coaster the Hurkacz match tiebreak was

Hurkacz was all over the place. Pretty average tiebreaker in the end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back