Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

i don't see McAdam as a small forward as he has aerial prowess, but seriously, how many of these do we need? Midfielders you idiots, get that right and watch everyone else improve around them.
It’s so obvious it’s scary. Forwards and backs all of a sudden look a class better when you have quality ball winners and users in the middle.

It’s so obvious it’s scary. Forwards and backs all of a sudden look a class better when you have quality ball winners and users in the middle.
Not always the case. If your forwards straight up don’t know how to lead, crumb or be in the right places, a skilled midfield is pointless

Do agree that things should look better for us though, especially if we can put two more all-round dangerous forwards around Tex/Fog/RT/McAdam/Rachele

Not always the case. If your forwards straight up don’t know how to lead, crumb or be in the right places, a skilled midfield is pointless

Do agree that things should look better for us though, especially if we can put two more all-round dangerous forwards around Tex/Fog/RT/McAdam/Rachele
You only have to look at 2005 Crows to find an example of a great midfield making a pedestrian forward line look good

yeah, fair enough. Could have been a good piece in our puzzle until it was laid bare he has no idea of 1 v 1 defending
He needs to right system and people around him. We don't have that here. Pretty similar to the Ricky Henderson situation I think. Ricky was a woeful defender but flourished in the Hawthorn system where those deficiencies were covered and he could use his weapons.

I think a team would look at Billy and he may well find a niche somewhere.

If only he could ruck, would be major asset having a ruckman with those kicking skills right now, given how often we want to stupidly handball to our ruckmen.

That, or the club's inability to draft, develop or trade in a decent tall forward for the better part of a decade.
Getting Pavlich back home should have been priority one. That the club couldnt do it is type of poor strategic outcome we have become accustomed to since 1998.

That, or the club's inability to draft, develop or trade in a decent tall forward for the better part of a decade.

And also the coaching and culture established by Neil Craig. Extremely rigid

And also the coaching and culture established by Neil Craig. Extremely rigid
Young forwards did not fare well under Craig.

See Tex - in and out of the side for 4 years under Neil. Goals irrelevant, all that mattered was tackling.

Tex was kicking bags in the SANFL and didn't even threaten selection in 2007 and most of 2008. Not just a modern bag of 4 or 5 but 7+. I remember a game of 9 or even 10 goals against the Eagles.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have watched them, every game. He has been better than last year but he still goes at 50% in front of goals. I wouldn't be far off where you are with pick 20 but I think pick 10 is pretty rich, if we have pick 10, that goes on a mid, not a small forward who misses more often than he kicks goals...we have them already

Creates lots of chances and just finding his feet at the level. Projecting forward - 2/3 years he will be an AA small forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Cousins doping at half time of the 2006 prelim probably had a big impact on that.
Maybe, cant rule it out, but Neil's refusal to do high rotations to the bench when every other club was going that way saw us frequently die out late in games. Everyone remembers the textbook being over-run game from that era. Why would it have been any different for that game?

How that midfield and defence didn't win a flag is pretty staggering.

GF spot was stolen from us by 2 illicit drug-fulled midfielders in Kerr and Cousins. Cousins went into beast mode after half time.

Ben Cousins doping at half time of the 2006 prelim probably had a big impact on that.
Touche'

Yep. Scott Welsh, Ken McGregor, Ian Perrie, Stiffy Johncock, Trent Hentschel (before his career was killed off by a port player), Burton were our best forwards through that period.... which is why when Tippet came along the club did whatever it took to keep him...illegal as it was...

Yep. Scott Welsh, Ken McGregor, Ian Perrie, Stiffy Johncock, Trent Hentschel (before his career was killed off by a port player), Burton were our best forwards through that period.... which is why when Tippet came along the club did whatever it took to keep him...illegal as it was...

Mark Stevens dislikes this

Rumour is there are footballs still in transit after ricocheting off of Perrie's chest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back