Autopsy Roast and toast vs Geelong and changes for West Coast

Best

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Stewart's was a dirty act. Watch it again https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...t/news-story/e6c13f973ce4aef4d904fd098f471815 then maybe one more time to let it sink in. If you're going to defend that then, wow.
I've watched the footage numerous times hence having the opinion that I do.

The game is played at high speed, with players coming at each other from 360 degrees and collisions like this happen from time to time. Stewart didn't go in swinging an arm. He tucked his arm in and made sure Prestia didn't get an easy knock on. I've seen Pickett in recent times deliver similar types of bumps and he, like Stewart will be, was rubbed out for making high contact. The difference is that Pickett didn't KO the opponent. I can understand the angst among my fellow Tigers as nobody likes to see our players getting hurt in circumstances like that, but it's the nature of the game that they play and tonights game was played with the highest intensity I've seen in a H&A game for a long time. At the end of the day Stewart will cop his whack from the tribunal and you'd expect at minimum 3 weeks, possibly 4 will be the penalty.

Instead of watching the slow motion version, watch the full speed version here where Stewart is in position to tackle Prestia if he takes possession and it's only when Prestia elects to knock the ball on that he makes the decision to bump.

If one of our players was to do the same thing that Stewart did tonight, I'd bet my last dollar that every one of us would be defending it, in fact you only have to go back to when Pickett got rubbed out for bumping Moore against Hawthorn. We all called it good tough play, but when an opponent does it to one of ours they're dirty snipers.

Toast: the entire team for regrouping, special mention to Taz for flogging that fat campaigner, to Bakes for having balls the size of pumpkins, Marlion for marking everything, Maurice for his composure, Ross and Ralphy for standing up.

Roast: that gutless dog campaigner Stewart, the cheating maggots, every commentator trying to tell us what a good bloke the aforementioned gutless dog campaigner is. Salty Scott for ordering the hit.

* I hope we get these campaigners in a GF and Dimma just says, "Free hit, boys." We will flog them in any final, as we always do, but three or four of them deserve to leave the field horizontal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nank played a 'last quarter Nank special'
Liked that Nank stood away from Hawkins in fwd line ruck contests. Usually Hawkins outstrengths body on body whereas Nank got a run up and neutralised him. Clever
Work mate and fellow tiger said it best, "I'm exhausted and angry even when we win".
The same. With me, the exhaustion comes from our butchering chances, fwd entries and fluctuating effort

Hard to win games of football against good sides like geelong when you continually go too tall and won't make the hard call on
a player who is clearly done...
Instead of replacing Soldo with HRS maybe Gibcus should have been rested/dropped , with Dow as sub...

Brave effort by the players just ran out of legs

Another reason why I hate Selwood.

Look at him at quarter time with Stewart the grub...

View attachment 1432660

All smiles.

You can even read his lips as he pats Stewart on the shoulder and says 'Good boy.'

Disgusting.
Plz send that too Dimma.
I'm sure the boys will do it for meatball next time against these Runts.

The game is played at high speed, with players coming at each other from 360 degrees and collisions like this happen from time to time. Stewart didn't go in swinging an arm. He tucked his arm in and made sure Prestia didn't get an easy knock on. I've seen Pickett in recent times deliver similar types of bumps and he, like Stewart will be, was rubbed out for making high contact. The difference is that Pickett didn't KO the opponent. I can understand the angst among my fellow Tigers as nobody likes to see our players getting hurt in circumstances like that, but it's the nature of the game that they play and tonights game was played with the highest intensity I've seen in a H&A game for a long time. At the end of the day Stewart will cop his whack from the tribunal and you'd expect at minimum 3 weeks, possibly 4 will be the penalty.

Instead of watching the slow motion version, watch the full speed version here where Stewart is in position to tackle Prestia if he takes possession and it's only when Prestia elects to knock the ball on that he makes the decision to bump.

If one of our players was to do the same thing that Stewart did tonight, I'd bet my last dollar that every one of us would be defending it, in fact you only have to go back to when Pickett got rubbed out for bumping Moore against Hawthorn. We all called it good tough play, but when an opponent does it to one of ours they're dirty snipers.
Doesn't matter, he has a duty of care and acts like this can have brain trauma consequences now and in the future.

Whwt a crock of shite

Mate how many times you gunna go in to bat for the dog. You are on ignore.

Just watched the Hardwick presser and no mention of the umpiring disgrace if he isn’t going to go into bat for the team and the club he may as well give it away I’m getting angrier by the week of the team copping it in the arse by the afl and umpires why isn’t the club taking a stand and cop the fine
And the fine comes out of our soft cap which could cost someone their job.

We know these youngsters are going to be beauties but Gibcus 3 disposals and Clarke 4 disposals time to go back to the ressies. I didn't think Clarke should've been in against the cats, as they have big bodies. Got brushed aside too easy in some contests. Also didn't lay a tackle.
I also think Soldo as the sub wasn't a wise move.

Well I never thought I could ever be angrier watching an AFL game after the conclusion to the Sydney game.

But being there today and all the crap that went on surpassed even that. Dog act concussion costing us the game and most likely top four, scraping the eyes, umps 26-13 (and the Lynch free when Jack marked only for him to be body blocked at the very next entry), Selwood cheering on Stewart post game………

I’m too old for this *hit…………..

Back