Admin Notice Random Musings From The Desk The Admin (Season 34)

Remove this Banner Ad

6/26/2022

Heyhey lovelies,

What a significant night we've just witnessed. First of all, after the result of the Grand Final I think a round congratulations is in order.

I would like to congratulate Chipmunk and the East Side Hawks Phoenix in making history by breaking the record for the longest premiership drought in SFA history with their loss in the S33 Grand Final. The drought now will now be at least extended to 22 seasons long (S12-present), which overtakes the previous longest droughts jointly held by the Sin City Swamprats (S6-S27) and Roys FFC (S4-S25). #witnesshistory

On the flipside, congratulations to the Roys FFC on premiership glory. You are all extremely lucky to be a part of such an occasion given Roys premierships are about as frequent as Halley's Comet. Particularly happy for Wosh who debuted with me as a part of the S20 rookie class and has waited through years of pain and suffering at the hands of the sim for this moment.

As for you Mobbs, much to my chagrin you have won the S33 premiership making you a 4? time premiership player. So I suppose I gotta take the L on the occasion. Make no mistake though, I still don't like you, still don't respect you, you are still a TROGLODYTE and this is not over.

Also, thanks to NaturalDisaster on the past three seasons as admin, your legacy is viewed positively or negatively in years to come, being at the head of the table still requires a great deal of commitment and effort that is admirable.

Now onto next season.

With the exciting admission of the Ophidian Old Boys into the league for S34 led by the dynamic Tigerturbulance the season structure will change.

We will proceed with a 13-round Home and Away season which is the preferred model from consultations among the committee in the latter part of this season. Each team will play each other once and have one bye. The finals structure will remain unchanged.

Squad Submission Date is set at Friday, 29 July 2022.

Round 1 will be played 7 August 2022.

It will run until the Grand Final on 27 November 2022.

And finally, I've stated on many occasion that I will pick a General Manager of Qooty Operations (fancy name of a 2IC) in each of my seasons at the helm. The person I have settled on is a former admin candidate, somebody who is experienced and hold beliefs on the direction of the league that is congruent with mine. And I believe he is the clear correct choice to help confront the challenges awaiting in Season 34. He is none other than manangatang.

Mang is a moderator on the forum, he's a quality contributor who has proven himself competent in a variety of ways in his time in the league. He will be assisting in the day-to-day operations of the league ensuring that all bases are covered and no corners are cut over the course of Season 34. The acting admin in any instance where I may have known period of absence. Having him as my right-hand man will no doubt enable improvements in professionalism in this league's processes and create more capacity for more innovative initiatives.

giphy.gif

ND in his farewell thread titled it 'End of an Era', but I would say we'll just halfway through the Revival Era. As we know, for something to be revived, what it was before needs to be destroyed. What we've witnessed is the process of creative destruction of old thinking, old processes, old conventions. Now we get to the stage where we make this place anew.

Congratulations to Bonz, serial_thrilla, damicky, DragoDelph, Zevon, Agent93, Headless on your respective awards. As well as those who made the All-SFA Team.

Discussions with the Committee, sim team on details of changes will occur over the next week and announcements will follow.

In the meantime, have a nice off-season everyone and see you in S34.:peace:

6/26/2022

Heyhey lovelies,

What a significant night we've just witnessed. First of all, after the result of the Grand Final I think a round congratulations is in order.

I would like to congratulate Chipmunk and the East Side Hawks Phoenix in making history by breaking the record for the longest premiership drought in SFA history with their loss in the S33 Grand Final. The drought now will now be at least extended to 22 seasons long (S12-present), which overtakes the previous longest droughts jointly held by the Sin City Swamprats (S6-S27) and Roys FFC (S4-S25). #witnesshistory

On the flipside, congratulations to the Roys FFC on premiership glory. You are all extremely lucky to be a part of such an occasion given Roys premierships are about as frequent as Halley's Comet. Particularly happy for Wosh who debuted with me as a part of the S20 rookie class and has waited through years of pain and suffering at the hands of the sim for this moment.

As for you Mobbs, much to my chagrin you have won the S33 premiership making you a 4? time premiership player. So I suppose I gotta take the L on the occasion. Make no mistake though, I still don't like you, still don't respect you, you are still a TROGLODYTE and this is not over.

Also, thanks to NaturalDisaster on the past three seasons as admin, your legacy is viewed positively or negatively in years to come, being at the head of the table still requires a great deal of commitment and effort that is admirable.

Now onto next season.

With the exciting admission of the Ophidian Old Boys into the league for S34 led by the dynamic Tigerturbulance the season structure will change.

We will proceed with a 13-round Home and Away season which is the preferred model from consultations among the committee in the latter part of this season. Each team will play each other once and have one bye. The finals structure will remain unchanged.

And finally, I've stated on many occasion that I will pick a General Manager of Qooty Operations (fancy name of a 2IC) in each of my seasons at the helm. The person I have settled on is a former admin candidate, somebody who is experienced and hold beliefs on the direction of the league that is congruent with mine. And I believe he is the clear correct choice to help confront the challenges awaiting in Season 34. He is none other than manangatang.

Mang is a moderator on the forum, he's a quality contributor who has proven himself competent in a variety of ways in his time in the league. He will be assisting in the day-to-day operations of the league ensuring that all bases are covered and no corners are cut over the course of Season 34. The acting admin in any instance where I may have known period of absence. Having him as my right-hand man will no doubt enable improvements in professionalism in this league's processes and create more capacity for more innovative initiatives.

giphy.gif

ND in his farewell thread titled it 'End of an Era', but I would say we'll just halfway through the Revival Era. As we know, for something to be revived, what it was before needs to be destroyed. What we've witnessed is the process of creative destruction of old thinking, old processes, old conventions. Now we get to the stage where we make this place anew.

Congratulations to Bonz, serial_thrilla, damicky, DragoDelph, Zevon, Agent93, Headless on your respective awards. As well as those who made the All-SFA Team.

Discussions with the Committee, sim team on details of changes will occur over the next week and announcements will follow.

Cheers and good luck KP, the League is in strong hands.

6/26/2022

Heyhey lovelies,

Now onto next season.

giphy.gif

Why are we using US format for the date in the KP2.0 era?

And finally, I've stated on many occasion that I will pick a General Manager of Qooty Operations (fancy name of a 2IC) in each of my seasons at the helm. The person I have settled on is a former admin candidate, somebody who is experienced and hold beliefs on the direction of the league that is congruent with mine. And I believe he is the clear correct choice to help confront the challenges awaiting in Season 34. He is none other than @manangatang.
Fitting. I've always thought of manangatang as a number two.

Why are we using US format for the date in the KP2.0 era?
What the hell are you talking about? There’s 26 months in a year. He’s referring to the 6th of Dismember which, if I were to go out on a limb, is a cuttingly good month!

How on earth am I meant to get to 1000 games if there are only 13 a season
You really need to be playing for more than one team at a time. Just don a moustache while you're with one team - it's not like any of the Captains pay that much attention to their teams ...

Congratulations Kennedy Parker on finally taking over as Admin, good choice of manangatang as your deputy.

Hey Self-fulfilling Prophecy, this relegates you to the third best Admin in my time in the SFA. You may take comfort that you are still leading the category of the worst Admin in my time in the SFA quite comfortably … for now.

Congratulations Kennedy Parker on finally taking over as Admin, good choice of manangatang as your deputy.

Hey NaturalDisaster, this relegates you to the third best Admin in my time in the SFA. You may take comfort that you are still leading the category of the worst Admin in my time in the SFA quite comfortably … for now.

Technically serial_thrilla was admin for one day, so you might want to change that to to fourth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KP, out of the admin applications from the season just gone, your bid was the most intriguing to me as a neutral nominally retired poster.

I wish you good luck in your tenure, and hey, DM me if you need someone to head up the Team 14 expansion bid. That isn't a joke, I'd genuinely love to help get an expansion team off the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back