Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Parker wouldn't give a s**t about what the media has said about this incident or anything else about his style of play. I reckon we play better when we have a bit of cockiness/edge, it brings out that aggression/pressure/physicality in our game. I actually think it suits us and Parker is the perfect player to lead it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My wife's sisters are obsessed with Heeney and his blonde hair and I was explaining to them that Parker was the original Heeney, back when Vonn would call him Good Luke-ing. ;)

Captains knock on Friday night. Played a superb game in the middle and kicked a goal.
Got around Stephens after his goal. What a mentor. Put his arm around him and said a few words. Parker would be just about the best role model for any young mid. Deeds more than words. That's why the words mean more.

Got around Stephens after his goal. What a mentor. Put his arm around him and said a few words. Parker would be just about the best role model for any young mid. Deeds more than words. That's why the words mean more.
Was a mentor moment for sure, was very pleased when I saw that.

Reckon Parker's year has been underrated to this point. He's had a tremendous year and added another string to his bow in terms of restricting the influence of seriously good players whilst still winning his own ball. Didn't let De Goey near it all day.

I suspect Mills will win the Skilton fairly easily but I'd be stunned if Parker isn't on the podium once again.

Reckon Parker's year has been underrated to this point. He's had a tremendous year and added another string to his bow in terms of restricting the influence of seriously good players whilst still winning his own ball. Didn't let De Goey near it all day.

I suspect Mills will win the Skilton fairly easily but I'd be stunned if Parker isn't on the podium once again.
I think it is a great thing that parker is not seen as outstanding. Not saying he isnt. But it just highlights that so many of the under 25s are contributing to the best moments, the game changing moments, in most games throughout the season. If we are a side with a lot of youth, then this is what you want to see. The veterans playing their role and the kids on the rise putting in game changing moments that define themselves and give them confidence to deliver week in week out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back