Autopsy Swans tarnish Saints Halo by 51 points

Remove this Banner Ad

The old saying of "possession is 90% of ownership" (something like that anyway) should apply this week when the selectors sit down on Thursday.
McInerney would normally be considered a certain starter if fit but his case of covid opened up the door to Stephens and he grabbed it with both hands.
Can't possibly be dropped after his performance Saturday night. Nor should Clarke who did exactly what was asked of him.
I will be disappointed if anyone is dropped for the match against Essendon.

The old saying of "possession is 90% of ownership" (something like that anyway) should apply this week when the selectors sit down on Thursday.
McInerney would normally be considered a certain starter if fit but his case of covid opened up the door to Stephens and he grabbed it with both hands.
Can't possibly be dropped after his performance Saturday night. Nor should Clarke who did exactly what was asked of him.
I will be disappointed if anyone is dropped for the match against Essendon.
Clarke had 100 % disposals of his 10 , but the silly murdoch girl gave him 2 votes

all those praising fox are right to do so, and in my various comments since saturday night i've been remiss in not doing the same
he was excellent, particularly early on when we were still settling in ... always busy, looking to do something with the ball, and working hard without it
on that performance he's best 22 for sure
Fox has got the will, the leap, the speed and the clean disposal. His inside 50 entries, though few and far between because of his position, tend to be right on the money (shot). He consistently ranks highly for one-percenters and he's one of our most efficient best ball users. I'd have no issue with Fox coming up the ground more or taking the ball and using his run out of defence.

There were 8 teams with an older average age than ours on the weekend, but only 3 teams that had played as many games on average. It shows how young some of our players were when they started playing seniors. Many of our players will be hitting their prime playing ages with 150-200 or so games under their belts and hopefully a fair bit of finals experience.

Our game on Saturday was the very definition of winning ugly. I can't say it instilled me with blinding confidence we will sweep all before us.
You're right Ticky, we were ugly and could/should have been a lot cleaner going forward, but the opposition scoreline showed how heavily we blanketed their mids and forwards. They kicked only one legit goal (the other from a dodgy 50) before adding a couple more in junk time. We can clean up our forward entry but good offence starts with defence. Our back 6 were the very definition of inpenetrable and were ably supported by a hard running midfield.

I thought Reid's team lifting tackle on the edge of defensive 50 typified our on-baller's attitude. He was clean and effective as he demanded 'Where the f... do you think you're going with our ball?'. He prised the ball from the cold dead hands of the corpse at his feet and took off fast on a 50m penalty before drilling a low pass into the bread-basket of a leading Papley, as if to say 'Here's your ball back Paps'.

The Saints were chipping it around in defence wracking up cheap disposals because our angry mob were ready to pounce on anyone who tried to move the ball forward. Our tackle count only ticked over when they dared to try getting past us.

anyone else thought we were lacking forward 50 pressure in the first quarter?

why dont the scg groundstaff use that anti dew stuff like they do at some cricket grounds? sick of watching sloppy games due to dew factor.

why dont the scg groundstaff use that anti dew stuff like they do at some cricket grounds? sick of watching sloppy games due to dew factor.

could also use the super sopper between quarters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

need those people with the brooms like at the basketball, come wipe down the 50m arc when empty

need those people with the brooms like at the basketball, come wipe down the 50m arc when empty

We need a purpose built stadium with a roof in Sydney that is built for the future.

all those praising fox are right to do so, and in my various comments since saturday night i've been remiss in not doing the same
he was excellent, particularly early on when we were still settling in ... always busy, looking to do something with the ball, and working hard without it
on that performance he's best 22 for sure
Ok, I just watched the replay. I admit that I have always been a Cunningham fan, but what Fox did on Saturday night was far superior to 2022 Cunningham. Fox was IMMENSE and surely his kicking must be underrated. He made contests, he spoiled, and he hit up targets in what was pretty much an error-free outing.
There is just no way he can be dropped.

You're right Ticky, we were ugly and could/should have been a lot cleaner going forward, but the opposition scoreline showed how heavily we blanketed their mids and forwards. They kicked only one legit goal (the other from a dodgy 50) before adding a couple more in junk time. We can clean up our forward entry but good offence starts with defence. Our back 6 were the very definition of inpenetrable and were ably supported by a hard running midfield.

I thought Reid's team lifting tackle on the edge of defensive 50 typified our on-baller's attitude. He was clean and effective as he demanded 'Where the f... do you think you're going with our ball?'. He prised the ball from the cold dead hands of the corpse at his feet and took off fast on a 50m penalty before drilling a low pass into the bread-basket of a leading Papley, as if to say 'Here's your ball back Paps'.

The Saints were chipping it around in defence wracking up cheap disposals because our angry mob were ready to pounce on anyone who tried to move the ball forward. Our tackle count only ticked over when they dared to try getting past us.
Love your work.

Bwahaha.... caesar88 the name Sydney was mentioned twice by Slobbo and the Nerdling in a 4 minute or so discussion about the Saints.

On the Couch was similar.
On SEN breakfast Gary said they were going to talk about Blakey and his kicking on On The Couch. So I watched it just for that, and they never did.

On SEN breakfast Gary said they were going to talk about Blakey and his kicking on On The Couch. So I watched it just for that, and they never did.
Obviously they realised there was something more important to talk about, like a player from some sorry-arse Melbourne club had just bought a new fridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back