Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey Humphrey just played an elite game in his comeback from injury, one that was close to top 20 prior to his knee complaint and may shoot into a lot with the NAB League finals and Country v Metro game in September

I know someone who rated Humphrey top 10 even before today’s return. I went conservative with having him at #24, but he’s one of my favourites outside of SA.

I selected him in mid year phantom. There is no way I would get him that late in real life.

I selected him in mid year phantom. There is no way I would get him that late in real life.
Would love to see how he goes against strong opposition, if he can put up the same form against the best then that has a big say on his draft range.
He can flat out play and is a competitor
first round for mine

Round 20 RMD
idk.PNG
Things are somewhat clearer but at the same time fuzzier after the Champs. I think I can pretty comfortably say the tiers for me are as follows
Tier 1; Wardlaw, Ashcroft, Sheezel
Tier 2; Tsatas, Phillipou, Clark, Cadman, Busslinger, Mackenzie
Tier 3; Hewett, Jefferson, Hollands, Keeler, Szybkowski, Fletcher, Hustwaite, Humphrey, Barnett, Gilbey, Konstanty

Those included that aren't in those 3 tiers make up the next tier with a few others like Sadler, Cowan, Michalanny, Clarke and Jones, hoping that finals in various leagues will see some big performances to help with clarity, but overall I'm a little more optimistic about the depth in this draft than I was prior to the champs, I still think there'll be a lot of busts but there's a real evenness that means recruiters will be earning their money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1461983
Things are somewhat clearer but at the same time fuzzier after the Champs. I think I can pretty comfortably say the tiers for me are as follows
Tier 3; Hewett, Jefferson, Hollands, Keeler, Szybkowski, Fletcher, Hustwaite, Humphrey, Barnett, Gilbey, Konstanty

Those included that aren't in those 3 tiers make up the next tier with a few others like Sadler, Cowan, Michalanny, Clarke and Jones, hoping that finals in various leagues will see some big performances to help with clarity, but overall I'm a little more optimistic about the depth in this draft than I was prior to the champs, I still think there'll be a lot of busts but there's a real evenness that means recruiters will be earning their money
If Essendon were to live trade ahead of a Davey bid, who would you look at in the late teens range?

What’s Sheezel’s ceiling, Bangers?

Seems a high pick for a Bailey/Stringer type (don’t shoot me if that’s a bad comparison)

How far away is Tsatas from T1?
It's hard to say how high his ceiling is, if I'm being critical I'm probably sceptical abut how much improvement is left given he's not super athletic, especially when compared to the likes of a Charlie Cameron, but he's just a superb natural footballer and has a knack for finding goals in unlikely positions. I saw someone describe him as a forwardline version of Pendlebury with a better aerial game and I think that's a decent comparison, he's not going to blow opponents away with his athleticism but will just out smart then on the lead or with his positioning around contests. He may not turn into the best player from this draft, but I do genuinely think he's one of the safest picks in terms of selecting a 200+ gamer that consistently provides in the forward line. Worst case, he's got such a good footy sense I could see him playing in the backline if he doesn't quite find it easy as a forward, with his ball use and decision making he'd be a really damaging rebounder.

Tsatas is probably lower for me than most, I really value defensive workrate highly and he just hasn't shown that part of his game consistently enough for me to put him up there. His ball use when at full speed can be a bit shaky as well, although admittedly was improving the more he was playing before his injury

View attachment 1461983

Aw I’ll spew if Mackenzie goes to the dons

If Essendon were to live trade ahead of a Davey bid, who would you look at in the late teens range?
Without knowing heaps about Essendon's list, any of Hustwaite, J. Ryan and Gilbey I think would add a lot of security in the backline and a bit more danger on the rebound, Ginbey as well would suit a more lockdown focused role but seems more highly regarded as a midfielder. Or if you don't go for a McKenzie type of inside mid early then a Szybkowski or Humphrey would add a bit more toughness to your onball brigade, gives Hobbs a long term partner and compliments the more outside guys like Merrett and Parish

View attachment 1461983

Why are we picking George at #10 when he’s not even Tier 3? :)

It's hard to say how high his ceiling is, if I'm being critical I'm probably sceptical abut how much improvement is left given he's not super athletic, especially when compared to the likes of a Charlie Cameron, but he's just a superb natural footballer and has a knack for finding goals in unlikely positions. I saw someone describe him as a forwardline version of Pendlebury with a better aerial game and I think that's a decent comparison, he's not going to blow opponents away with his athleticism but will just out smart then on the lead or with his positioning around contests. He may not turn into the best player from this draft, but I do genuinely think he's one of the safest picks in terms of selecting a 200+ gamer that consistently provides in the forward line. Worst case, he's got such a good footy sense I could see him playing in the backline if he doesn't quite find it easy as a forward, with his ball use and decision making he'd be a really damaging rebounder.

Tsatas is probably lower for me than most, I really value defensive workrate highly and he just hasn't shown that part of his game consistently enough for me to put him up there. His ball use when at full speed can be a bit shaky as well, although admittedly was improving the more he was playing before his injury
I honestly believe the Mark LeCras comparison is more apt.
Same size both great leads and mark of the footy, natural footballers with all the skills

View attachment 1461983

Is there any way you can force WCE to pick Wardlaw please?

Pretty please.

If we can have Chesser, Culley, Hough and Wardlaw develop in the midfield 2023-24 our rebuild may not take that long.

Along with the defensive running, it's not much really but that's the difference between the top 3 and the chasing pack for me currently, Ashcroft, Sheezel and Wardlaw all have 1 concern overall but you're confident they'll be successful players at the next level regardless, but there's not as much confidence in the next lot of 6 or so
Is Wardlaw's production Pick 1 worthy? Averaging 21 possies in U/18s against guys who mostly will never make an afl list doesn't bode well for a big ball winner at AFL me thinks.

View attachment 1461983

Ginbey would be such a Sydney pick
They love to draft a west australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back