News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ive had enough of watching Dawson kicking a goal after the siren to beat Port lol, I want a new player, would like to see Fog launch a bomb outside 50m to win the game vs the Power in R23.
I wanna choke and demoralise those huffing puffing downhill skiing outside seagulls right from the get go to the end.
Like the Carlton game but without the umpires giving a massive armchair ride. That will do me just fine thanks.

Why don’t you seriously contemplate following another team (if that’s not already the case)? Such explicit disdain for our club in virtually every single post. Gosh, it’s depressing reading it and I actually feel sorry for such a default negativity mindset.
Your life is massively improved once you start blocking the worst posters, I promise you.

Disgusting double standard in all its Vic Bias glory.

This makes me want to Jack Martin him through the PSD even more. Even if we have to lose the Showdown to pull it off.
Rankine wont get past North.

They were ready for Dawson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On performance so far he's worth a mid first rounder. Anything more than that and the suns are being unreasonable.
Its irrelevant to the point I am making, if we think we can get him via the PSD, we are mistaken.

I don't know how kane cornes hasn't been sacked. He literally said we are only going after rankine because he's indigenous and we're trying to get good news after the betts incident. That's clearly racist.

Good point about the Dawson negotiations

So much of the Rankine deal is going to come down to GC's stance/approach when we have to sit down with them and get a deal done

They may be so angry and frustrated that Rankine is leaving, that they may just say you either get him through the PSD, or you don't get him. Basically the Jack Martin situation where they wanted to make a point about players leaving the club

The other outcome is they accept the situation, and want to get something back for Rankine. They will likely start at one of our young players like Rachele or Thilthorpe plus something else, or our 1st and something else, at the very least. All clubs do this, and the way GC rate Rankine and wants him to stay - this seems like a foregone conclusion they start here as a negotiation point

However, I think we say to them - we are willing to trade down to around the 10 mark, give or take, depending on the deal we can set up, so GC at least get something of value, and we pick up an extra something for trading down (Rankine is worth more given other trades in the years past - but, GC don't have a lot of leverage, similar to Sydney last year, and this seems like the 'fairest' deal for both parties, given there's a scenario where Adelaide could give nothing)

I think though that if GC are hellbent on sending Rankine to the draft unless they get exactly what they want player or picks wise, and the Crows think that there's a chance another club picks up Rankine (because it's Rankine and because they can .... although this would be a first given the size of the contract and how hard of a sell it would be if Rankine hates the situation and you've got a player on 800-900k a year not playing up to the contract because he's in a situation he doesn't want to be in. Port might be the only club that could do this if we finish ahead of them, but off the top of my head I don't think they would have the cap space to fit in Rankine if the contract is heavily frontloaded), we might relent in the last few days of the trade period and give whatever our 1st ends up being (which may be more acceptable if we win the last few and we end up with pick 7 or 8 say after Ashcroft moves the pick back one), or a future first.

Additionally, I don't realistically see us getting all three of Rankine, Phillipou and JHF, unless Phillipou has a major slide, or unless we end up getting Rankine in the PSD and don't give away draft capital for him.

I think we have to make the choice between getting Rankine now, and keeping one of this year's or future draft capital (depending on what we want to give up, and what GC is willing to take), or, the Rankine deal falls over in some way (which it might if he changes his mind and resigns, or if a dark horse like Port come in and does something), and we take Phillipou (or whoever else is at the top of our list in our pick range), and keep next year's draft capital

I'd personally be a fan of giving up future capital now if it means we can get both Rankine and Phillipou, because as enticing as having a crack at JHF sounds, it may not happen, and I'd rather take a SA prospect with Phillipou's traits and upside now (in addition to bringing back Rankine as a SA boy), rather than bank on the unknowns of next year

Overall, the Dawson negotiations from last year are at least encouraging that we don't completely sh*t the bed because it's Rankine and we want to get the deal done (although, you never know).

Obviously if we pick him up through the draft without giving anything away, that's a ridiculously good result.

But, I also wouldn't be unhappy with giving away a first for him (ideally we trade down though and pick up something extra), or the deal falling over and us picking a prospect this year (realistically, I really like the first 8 or 9 prospects a lot - so we should be pretty well placed for Phillipou or someone else), and keeping future capital for a potential run at JHF.

We are really in a win-win situation based on our list, cap situation, the stage of our rebuild, and our picks - providing we don't offer anything more than the equivalent of a first for Rankine, whether we end up getting him or not.

In the case of Jack Martin I think GC let him go in the draft because the pick Carlton offered they wouldn’t have used anyway (they had so many high picks) so they “made a stand”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back