Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's impossible to think that after offering 3 first rounders less than 12 months ago, we walk away from getting Jason to the club.
The offer was so huge it is clear that Jason and the club were committed to the deal if we could convince North. We all know now it failed to do so.

Additionally, the club is recently on the public record about trading more than drafting.

Given the above, no part of me thinks we're not going to give it another go at the earliest opportunity.

We've discussed this from all angles and in spite of the cost, I feel the club will secure him this year.

Luring the number one draft pick back home will be a massive success for the club and probably result in an attitude change from Victorian recruiters going forward.

I've not wanted to overpay and I've said that in here often. I just have a feeling it's going to happen though.

It's impossible to think that after offering 3 first rounders less than 12 months ago, we walk away from getting Jason to the club.
The offer was so huge it is clear that Jason and the club were committed to the deal if we could convince North. We all know now it failed to do so.

Additionally, the club is recently on the public record about trading more than drafting.

Given the above, no part of me thinks we're not going to give it another go at the earliest opportunity.

We've discussed this from all angles and in spite of the cost, I feel the club will secure him this year.

Luring the number one draft pick back home will be a massive success for the club and probably result in an attitude change from Victorian recruiters going forward.

I've not wanted to overpay and I've said that in here often. I just have a feeling it's going to happen though.
If we do pull this off the likelihood of JHF not living up to expectations and becoming a slightly above average player whilst Philipou becomes the next Bont is probably high.

It's very hard to trust the AFC recruitment department after the last 20 years of disappointment.

If we do pull this off the likelihood of JHF not living up to expectations and becoming a slightly above average player whilst Philipou becomes the next Bont is probably high.

It's very hard to trust the AFC recruitment department after the last 20 years of disappointment.
There has been enough glimpses from jhf in games this year that says he has it in him to become a star of the comp. No doubt in my mind about it. The trade off is a phillipou / tsatsas / wardlaw this year and a top 5 pick player next year

The consequences of the deal can be discussed for years. And there will be consequences. I see these as costs associated with the deal.

I'm still feeling they'll go for it if there's any chance at all.

KFC has never been the same since they stopped using palm oil about 10 years ago.

So if anyone is wondering why KFC seems to be a sloppy mess now and not the same as it used to be, that's the reason why.

All for a bullshit PR exercise.

More damage has been done to ecosystems from industries moving away from Palm oil than was done when they all used Palm oil.

Did you wake up with a sandy vagina this morning?…

Come on Sanders.. as if you dont rate a good bakery pie..

Thay’re better than a bucket of greasy KFC..

My dad used to work for STA / TransAdelaide and would have to work on all the train station communication systems. He could name a bakery near any train
station around Adelaide.

May as well trade draft picks for him, we’re odds on to just waste them again anyway if we keep them.

May as well trade draft picks for him, we’re odds on to just waste them again anyway if we keep them.
I think the big problem is that if we were in Melbourne we would be copping media,scrutiny the likes we have never seen before. The recruiting team would have been marched out some time ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, dropped for first game at AO in front of family and friends. If you’re wanting to keep a disgruntled player you surely don’t do this or you know he’s going.

Either way we are unfortunately not going to have the draft capital to get him and Rankine.
You are right we do not have the capital to grab both...

Maybe this is where port will pounce, Port 2022 first + second and 2023 first?

would be pretty mad if he got to port....watching horne, butters, rozee dominate for years :sick:

Wow, dropped for first game at AO in front of family and friends. If you’re wanting to keep a disgruntled player you surely don’t do this or you know he’s going.

Either way we are unfortunately not going to have the draft capital to get him and Rankine.
Next year is the year to go after JHF, if we do. Even with getting Clarko, if they look hopeless after yet another year, there’s still a good chance he might be disgruntled

Even if we weren’t targeting Rankine, NM will ask the world this year (I.e. more picks than we currently are able to give), given he’s not OOC

Next year is the year to go after JHF, if we do. Even with getting Clarko, if they look hopeless after yet another year, there’s still a good chance he might be disgruntled

Even if we weren’t targeting Rankine, NM will ask the world this year (I.e. more picks than we currently are able to give), given he’s not OOC
Normally I’d agree, but his dropping I think is significant and Port are going to have draft capital this year

How so ? .....Port are chasing Dunkley ....Amon won't give them the ammunition

View attachment 1473467
That’s the rumour but what if they are working on JHF? Plus Brisbane supposedly interested in Dunkley too.

Their first, Amon compo, next years first and supposedly Bergman. That’s a fair combination to make a deal from

Back