Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you reckon as a player Ben Hart had more trouble with spry players, or gorillas?
I did think this.
In that pre-Rutten era, we always had an undersized defense. Hart, Smart, Bassett etc.
So backman from that era from us probably would focus on wrestling and using strength, as it's what we would have struggled with the most. Players like Lynch used to kill us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve never bagged Fog and can say he’s one of my favourites but I wasn’t a huge fan of his early work. I could see a player there.

At the start of the year all I could hope for was to see a few players come through and look like a future 22 player. Mid season when we kept losing I didn’t see one player improve bar Berry and questioned Hamish and our development, it’s amazing now that we can see so many young players improve and look to the future.

In our first rebuild, we’ve all jumped to early on the players and club. Yes we only beat some average teams but I can see the club moving forward and am happy with everything that’s happening.
Look at Fog, Star key forward in the making.
Soligo great wingman of the future
Berry, centreman and tackling machine
Rachelle, Star in the forward line and midfield
Butts, Murray and Worrell improving and holding the backline together
Dawson and Hinge on the wings and half back

The future is bright and patience was needed but we are getting there soon
There's a couple of things with Fog.
Go watch his first year or two highlights on YouTube. You can absolutely see the talent he had.
He was poorly coached and dropped when he should have been persisted with. You play talent.
Then when things didn't go his way go back and watch the games. His leads wernt honoured. The leading patterns of the whole forward line were rubbish, and the midfield were pretty average.
He was then sent back to the SANFL and played in defence for half the year. The best bloody kick for goal in the AFL and we were trying to see if he could be a defender.
Then it was try him in the middle and see what he can do. He is a forward, every single day.
It was a really poor environment for him to be in.
Remember how we all went on about how GC or Melbourne would destroy talent? We were doing that to him.
He's a big kid, and building up an AFL size tank takes years, but only a blind person would look at what abilities he had and say he won't make it.

This season is 10x more entertaining since the emergence of Fog.

Watching him so easily and confidently ragdoll some of the best players in the sport is just a thing of beauty. I'm so happy he did it this year, if he took this step at another club it might have officially broken me!
So much agree. Actually think the Philly also has shown great signs, especially in contest marking

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

This season is 10x more entertaining since the emergence of Fog.

Watching him so easily and confidently ragdoll some of the best players in the sport is just a thing of beauty. I'm so happy he did it this year, if he took this step at another club it might have officially broken me!
Obviously loves the club as well, so very glad he realized his potential here!

There's a couple of things with Fog.
Go watch his first year or two highlights on YouTube. You can absolutely see the talent he had.
He was poorly coached and dropped when he should have been persisted with. You play talent.
Then when things didn't go his way go back and watch the games. His leads wernt honoured. The leading patterns of the whole forward line were rubbish, and the midfield were pretty average.
He was then sent back to the SANFL and played in defence for half the year. The best bloody kick for goal in the AFL and we were trying to see if he could be a defender.
Then it was try him in the middle and see what he can do. He is a forward, every single day.
It was a really poor environment for him to be in.
Remember how we all went on about how GC or Melbourne would destroy talent? We were doing that to him.
He's a big kid, and building up an AFL size tank takes years, but only a blind person would look at what abilities he had and say he won't make it.
I actually don’t mind him playing in the midfield when he’s developing and even back, didn’t Roo do the same when he started out!! He needed to work on his game and now look at what he’s become. You can’t play players that are out of form as it will destroy their confidence.
The biggest change of Fog is his fitness and with that being better, he’s Marking better, finding space to lead into and tackling around the ground. Whatever they’ve done with him has now worked wonders and we are all happy for it

In a nut shell with Fogartys arrival how much more potent do we look? Tex and McAdam had been steadily hitting the score board but now there's 3 of them doing it. Makes the world of difference to our attack.

I actually don’t mind him playing in the midfield when he’s developing and even back, didn’t Roo do the same when he started out!! He needed to work on his game and now look at what he’s become. You can’t play players that are out of form as it will destroy their confidence.
The biggest change of Fog is his fitness and with that being better, he’s Marking better, finding space to lead into and tackling around the ground. Whatever they’ve done with him has now worked wonders and we are all happy for it
You have to wonder what affect Ben Hart may have had on him

PS his field kicking is equivalent to his goal kicking

In a nut shell with Fogartys arrival how much more potent do we look? Tex and McAdam had been steadily hitting the score board but now there's 3 of them doing it. Makes the world of difference to our attack.
+ 2nd year Rachele & possibly Rankine... our forward line looks damaging again.

Back