Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem I have with Hall the way he is currently playing is that the bad is far outweighing the good at the moment.

As the team strives to get better you can’t be carrying someone that gives away cheap goals because they aren’t smart enough to play within limits.

I understand your frustrations. Hall an be exciting or a TV killer and JBHiFi new client - I get it.

Hall may well not be contracted for the reasons you raise.

However I believe we have many more that should be delisted before him.

It's not really saying Hall is perfect etc, it's more that we have plenty of players who must be delisted before him. (Atu, Hayden, Walker x2 and co)

I’m in the ship him off camp

We have wil Phil back next year plus another top pick(s)

Don’t want Jed getting games time ahead of them and JHF and TT

Plus the usual suspects
We know.

I’m in the ship him off camp, his kicking will always remain a liability and we have talented players who should play more than him going forward

You were correct on Mahony, kudos on sticking to your opinion which has been proven correct, but you are way too harsh on Jed.

Jed playing doesn't mean JHF or TT can't play, that is a summary which does not have any reason.

You were correct on Mahony, kudos on sticking to your opinion which has been proven correct, but you are way too harsh on Jed.

Jed playing doesn't mean JHF or TT can't play, that is a summary which does not have any reason.
If you can’t kick you can’t play

A 29 year old Jed is not one I’d feel the need to contract

I understand your frustrations. Hall an be exciting or a TV killer and JBHiFi new client - I get it.

Hall may well not be contracted for the reasons you raise.

However I believe we have many more that should be delisted before him.

It's not really saying Hall is perfect etc, it's more that we have plenty of players who must be delisted before him. (Atu, Hayden, Walker x2 and co)
The massive problem we have this year is lack of draft picks.

Too many to get rid of, but not enough quality picks to replace them with.

The only hope we have is that if we do get Clarko, that we can drag across some FA’s to fill out the list.

If you can’t kick you can’t play

A 29 year old Jed is not one I’d feel the need to contract

Nah, that isn't correct imo.

Fyfe is a poor kick - do you think he is rubbish too and means he can't play?

Jed brings a different set of skills that I believe for at least another year, we have good list of players that need to go before Jed

I’m in the ship him off camp, his kicking will always remain a liability and we have talented players who should play more than him going forward

Plus the usual suspects
The more depth we have the more competitive it is to get games and ensure we are not gifting players games. Will phi and JHF need to earn their stripes.

Jed is best 22 right now and I can’t see it changing for next either. He brings a lot to a young and developing side like ours.

I would never have traded for him, i remember seeing the highlights package with so many kicks coming off his shin (ok bit of exaggeration). But anything he lacks there he makes up for an iron will attitude, tough as nails and bleeds the blue n white. Better skills he couldve been anything, but is certainly a good solid player and ive much respect for what he brings.

Plus the usual suspects
Does anyone know the latest on WillPhil ? How’s he tracking with his recovery?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His beast mode and attack on the footy is exactly what needs to be modelled to support the growth of our list. The exact type of player you need around. Can’t believe how under estimated he is. A better player than Greenwood by about 30 per cent and no one was complaining when we picked Greenwood up last year. We need experience and this blokes is immensely underrated. Two years for mine, with a trigger for three.

He has two talented sons that play footy. We would be mad to let him go.
89 games for us, he’s so close, may end up playing more time forward, but not opposed to this.

Last edited:
It's hilarious how posters think we can just offer Jed a 1 year deal and he'll jump at the contract. He has a family to look out for and I'm sure there would be quite a few teams confident enough to offer 3 on decent dough.

If we offer a 1 year deal, Jed is gonski imo.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's hilarious how posters think we can just offer Jed a 1 year deal and he'll jump at the contract. He has a family to look out for and I'm sure there would be quite a few teams confident enough to offer 3 on decent dough.

If we offer a 1 year deal, Jed is gonski imo.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Then he can go

LDU, jy, cunners, TT, Powell, Phillips, JHF should all play ahead of him then there’s our early picks to come also

Think TAO mentioned a few times but I don’t think they were too concerned if he even came to play this year

Other clubs are already unhappy about us asking for a Priority Pick because they believe our problems are largely self inflicted by culling too hard the last 2 years. Imagine the uproar if we let Jed, Jack and Goldy all go at the end of this year. I would tend to agree with them.

The bloke is 10 times the value of Ziebell. I honestly think some people have no concept of market reality and completely over inflate the ability of our young mids to be able to play an entire season in there. Competition from genuine hard bodies who lead by example are as important through he week as they are on game day. Plus if some of those players mentioned learn a little craft is a stronger VFL team next year they won’t be losing anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back