Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like people are getting caught up on the player… The deal isn’t about Bowes he is the sweetener…

The deal is pick 7, for the salary cap relief reported $1.6m… Keep in mind reports are mostly always inflated…

Future 2nd or 3rd round is for Bowes the player…

Key Thoughts
  • After initial 2x year ($1.6m) deal Bowes is a $400k Acres type player…
  • This would mean in fact we are only over paying 2x $400k of cap space for pick 7 in this draft…
  • Bowes when fit would be in our best 22, he has elite foot skills and decision making which we need… can play Mid/Wing/HB
  • Our unsigned players are going to struggle to get a game…
Look at the deal as a business and break down the parts…

It would be a good deal for us and give us an additional 2x future best 22 players this year for overpaying 2x $400k…

Picks 7 & 10 & Bowes would cost us around $1.1mil a year for next 2x years… Then it would reduce…

This deal stinks to high heaven for me. Pick 7 is an absolute premium pick. The Suns are not as stupid as people think. There would be an expectation that we would be sending them a good pick back in exchange for Bowes and 7. If not, there must be something seriously wrong with Bowes, or the salary must be so ridiculously high, to the point where they feel getting rid of pick 7 is a fair price to pay to get him off the books. Every possibility is a hard no from me.

This deal stinks to high heaven for me. Pick 7 is an absolute premium pick. The Suns are not as stupid as people think. There would be an expectation that we would be sending them a good pick back in exchange for Bowes and 7. If not, there must be something seriously wrong with Bowes, or the salary must be so ridiculously high, to the point where they feel getting rid of pick 7 is a fair price to pay to get him off the books. Every possibility is a hard no from me.
Obviously you'd have to look at the specifics of the deal and do due diligence. Without knowing the exact $ owing to Bowes, it's impossible for any of us on here to make an informed judgement.

I think it would be worth asking the question. If the price is too high walk away.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s not outrageous to think that they’d be willing to burn pick 7, which is an unknown entity, in order to avoid losing other required young players, who are known entities. It’s an embarrassing position for them to be in but that doesn’t mean they should make worse by sitting on their hands.

It’s not outrageous to think that they’d be willing to burn pick 7, which is an unknown entity, in order to avoid losing other required young players, who are known entities. It’s an embarrassing position for them to be in but that doesn’t mean they should make worse by sitting on their hands.
They also got a heap of picks for nothing from the AFL. It's not like they only get one 1st rounder per year like the rest of us.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s just terrible list management. Could you imagine the raucous on here if we have to do something like this in a year or two down the track!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2015 Pick 2 in the National Draft J Schache ‘toured’ IKON yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Initial response was WTF? In all fairness, he has performed OK in recent times when given opportunity at “the kennel”. Can play both ends. I am a big proponent of showing the patience to build through the draft. If we want a journeyman swingman , we could do considerably worse if the price is right. The dogs are overall pretty poor at developing talls (yeah, even worse than us)

Initial response was WTF? In all fairness, he has performed OK in recent times when given opportunity at “the kennel”. Can play both ends. I am a big proponent of showing the patience to build through the draft. If we want a journeyman swingman , we could do considerably worse if the price is right. The dogs are overall pretty poor at developing talls (yeah, even worse than us)

Wouldn’t be the worst idea as long as long as he is thought of as ready-to-go, very cheap cover at both ends of the ground.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t be the worst idea as long as long as he is thought of as ready-to-go, very cheap cover at both ends of the group.
It seems that the AFL’s list reductions have reduced most club’s investment in talls. Everyone wants that mature back up, it seems. An era where development is done through state leagues seems to be in place. Can’t say I like it, hope the recruiters have had a pay cut, not being asked to earn their money.

2015 Pick 2 in the National Draft J Schache ‘toured’ IKON yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
L Jones mark 2.
Surprised he averages a goal a game as well (1.1 to be precise) Don't know much about him, but from limited exposure seems all between the ears rather than ability with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back