Roast Tyson Stengle sacked after ******* up again

Remove this Banner Ad

He's the quiet, shy type. Always really well behaved at club functions. I've heard this from my mates at the Eagles who have always fed me accurate information. They told me about Hayes going to Saints before it was announced too.

You know who was a complete dickhead at Eagles club functions? James Rowe and his mates.
What about B.Crouch? Nice country bloke isn't he, is he a recreational drug type?

What about B.Crouch? Nice country bloke isn't he, is he a recreational drug type?
I don't understand what this has to do with my post but in my personal experience, country people like to party. I've made a mess out of myself a few times trying to keep up with them. Usually ends up with me passed out on the lawn or garden bed somewhere.

I don't understand what this has to do with my post but in my personal experience, country people like to party. I've made a mess out of myself a few times trying to keep up with them. Usually ends up with me passed out on the lawn or garden bed somewhere.
So you think it was B.Crouch decision despite nothing reported previously whereas Stengle has at least 2 incidents of cocaine use (provided the photo was of cocaine and a different scenario to the 1st).

I like how Stengle is an AA premiership player and we still have supporters rationalising Adelaide's decision. Good lord. Just take the damn L.
Some on here said he would not get picked up at AFL level again lol. The guy was always going to be elite. He just needed support which the club wasn't willing to give him. The crows too easily ship a player off and keep good citizens like Mackay for 8 years passed his expiry date. No wonder we never win flags. We will likely see McHenry play 150 for the club.

So you think it was B.Crouch decision despite nothing reported whereas Stengle has at least 2 incidents of cocaine use (provided the photo was of cocaine and a different scenario to the 1st).
I think a narrative that has Crouch being led astray by Stengle is pretty laughable. That being said, I don't think it actually matters. Fully grown adults need to take responsibility for themselves.

Some on here said he would not get picked up at AFL level again lol. The guy was always going to be elite. He just needed support which the club wasn't willing to give him. The crows too easily ship a player off and keep good citizens like Mackay for 8 years passed his expiry date. No wonder we never win flags. We will likely see McHenry play 150 for the club.
"We never win flags", you do know we've won 2 back to back already which is very difficult to do so "never" lol.

Elite is a big call, I always thought he was going to be a good player but never thought he would reach the elite level as he doesn't have the speed attribute to get him to an elite small forward. However, he has got himself a lot fitter so he now get quality possessions further up the ground so he doesn't need to rely on his lack of pace which small forward like Cameron and Pickett need to do as they doesn't play further up the ground.

McHenry is a dead man walking the moment Nicks is let go. Providing he's not under contract, he'd be a monty for a Walsh/Petrenko style first meeting with the new coach.

I think a narrative that has Crouch being led astray by Stengle is pretty laughable. That being said, I don't think it actually matters. Fully grown adults need to take responsibility for themselves.
I wouldn't say "pretty laughable" looking at situation presented and the hypothetical discussion was about who's decision it was at that time and not who led who astray and there's no arguing that this decision did cost B.Crouch's market value big time after the incident. If it was B.Crouch's then sure he got what he deserve and we were collateral, if it was equally both of their's then they got what they both deserve and we were collateral.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say "pretty laughable" looking at situation presented and the hypothetical discussion was about who's decision it was at that time and not who led who astray and there's no arguing that this decision did cost B.Crouch's market value big time after the incident. If it was B.Crouch's then sure he got what he deserve and we were collateral, if it was equally both of their's then they got what they both deserve and we were collateral.
80% of the player base do it in the offseason. The mistake they made was getting caught.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

80% of the player base do it in the offseason. The mistake they made was getting caught.
I'm sure some do (like in all society and employment) and they also take others recreational drugs as well but you seem certain in that percentage, are you the cocaine dealer for 80% of these AFL players?

The Crows need to use Stengle as a test case for the standards they want to keep moving forward. I think its clear that they scaped goated him for image on the back of the camp and the wooden spoon position we were in.

A review into it needs to be conducted.
  • Did they use club circumstances to influence the decision of the punishment unfairly?
  • Did they do everything in their power to create a nurturing environment to help Stengle, with whom they knew when they got him he had some issues?
  • What other punishments were proposed? How was it they determined the one they came up with was the right one?

The Crows need to use Stengle as a test case for the standards they want to keep moving forward. I think its clear that they scaped goated him for image on the back of the camp and the wooden spoon position we were in.

A review into it needs to be conducted.
  • Did they use club circumstances to influence the decision of the punishment unfairly?
  • Did they do everything in their power to create a nurturing environment to help Stengle, with whom they knew when they got him he had some issues?
  • What other punishments were proposed? How was it they determined the one they came up with was the right one?
You don't think any other clubs would have got rid of a fringe player after a 2nd indiscretion?
And we knew Stengle has some issue when we recruited him? According to Mr_Moogle's, he isn't the type to take recreational drugs though let alone "lead" others to do the same.

You don't think any other clubs would have got rid of a fringe player after a 2nd indiscretion?
And we knew Stengle has some issue when we recruited him? According to Mr_Moogle's, he isn't the type to take recreational drugs though let alone "lead" others to do the same.
Wtf are you on about? I said Stengle was the quiet/shy type, I didn't say he was a choir boy. I didn't even want to get into the "led astray" angle which was some bullshit you just made up.

Wtf are you on about? I said Stengle was the quiet/shy type, I didn't say he was a choir boy. I didn't even want to get into the "led astray" angle which was some bullshit you just made up.
Same, I said "if" (provided the photo was of cocaine and a different situation to when he and B.Crouch got caught) then it wouldn't be "pretty laughable" this was more likely Stengle's decision don't you think?

And we knew Stengle has some issue when we recruited him? According to Mr_Moogle's, he isn't the type to take recreational drugs though.

Thats not what I am saying. Its also not the argument. The argument is the process and what we do moving forward. Because at the end of the day, he is now a premiership player and an all australian within 18 months. That to me doesnt reflect fringe player status either. He was doing well in our forward line. So if the crows were more interested in protecting their image on the back of circumstances that Stengle had no part of, that is unfair. Geelong went out and got Eddie Betts to mentor him. What the hell did we do. We knew he had issues but we gave him no support. I think this decision needs to be reflected upon.

What you should be also asking is..

Did they think he was just a “fringe player?.. and if so..

Why the fxxk was he seen as a fringe player?..

Seems like he’s always had a lot of talent and potential if you ask me..

Why couldnt the morons running our club at the time (many of the very same people that are still there now mind you) see this talent and potential and help nurture it?.

Isnt that what these people are paid big money to do?..

Its funny… With every desperate step you take to continue to lick the clubs boots…. With every new angle you come from to defend this s**t. the worse the club looks!

Thats not what I am saying. Its also not the argument. The argument is the process and what we do moving forward. Because at the end of the day, he is now a premiership player and an all australian within 18 months. That to me doesnt reflect fringe player status either. He was doing well in our forward line. So if the crows were more interested in protecting their image on the back of circumstances that Stengle had no part of, that is unfair. Geelong went out and got Eddie Betts to mentor him. What the hell did we do. We knew he had issues but we gave him no support. I think this decision needs to be reflected upon.
He wasn't a regular in the best 22, hence a fringe player so all credit to him for developing himself into an AA player by getting himself more fit and able impact more games playing up the ground.

What you should be also asking is..

Did they think he was just a “fringe player?.. and if so..

Why the fxxk was he seen as a fringe player?..

Seems like he’s always had a lot of talent and potential if you ask me..

Why couldnt the morons running our club at the time (many of the very same people that are still there now mind you) see this talent and potential and help nurture it?.

Isnt that what these people are paid big money to do?..

Its funny… With every desperate step you take to continue to lick the clubs boots…. With every new angle you come from to defend this s**t. the worse the club looks!
Just stating the obvious, he wasn't in the best 22 and playing regular AFL games so he was seen as a fringe player. Like I said, had the same thing happen to Rankine he would get more leeway. That's how the industry works.

Just stating the obvious, he wasn't in the best 22 and playing regular AFL games so he was seen as a fringe player. Like I said, had the same thing happen to Rankine he would get more leeway. That's how the industry works.
He played 12 games for us in 2020.. and he was well on the way to cementing a spot in the best 22.. as a young player.

Your carrying on like he spent the entire time he was at the club playing in the SANFL side..

Same, I said "if" (provided the photo was of cocaine and a different situation to when he and B.Crouch got caught) then it wouldn't be "pretty laughable" this was more Stengle's decision don't you think?
No. It's not a stretch for me to believe that a young, cashed up, country bloke like Crouch is like-minded in that regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back