Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowes wants to come to Victoria

If I was North, I would go hard

North future 1st ( top 6 in a strong draft) and compo 2nd for 5, 7 and Bowes

North go to the draft with 1, 5, 7 and Bowes in hand

GC release Bowes, have 2, 1st rounders next year, where they have 3 academy kids in the top 20

You wouldn’t target Bowes Arr0w?

🎯💁🏼‍♂️

Think we are in a poor but manageable salary cap position, due to decisions of the past, which are starting to effect us now…

Being such a poor performing club, has meant we are having to over pay for recruits and our own…

Personally I’m happy to not chase any high $$$ recruits and overpay any more…

However I’d do everything I could to get the best draft hand and as many shots at a players as I could over the next few years…

The next few drafts are the players that are going to carry us through the Tasmania draft concessions, they will be starting to hit their prime at this time…
I would argue we are in a tight position because we have an abundance of stars on our list. Martin is on nothing and McG expires end of next szn. The only contract that could hurt us is Williams - but if he plays a blinder in the 2023 Grand Final it will all be worth it ;)

Agree with everything else.

On another note, I'm expecting us to lose TDK unless he is happy to take serious unders (unless we lose Harry).

Narkle just got delisted, would like us to pick him up
yes, would consider him. DFA, would cost nothing, extra depth. I've seen him at his best at the Cats, & when he is "on" his game, he is exhilarating with pace, goal sense and x-factor. Unfortunately, is inconsistent, and maybe a little timid at times. Still worth considering imo.

Geelong are 100% the club we need to be scoping out - for both coaching upgrades and players.

On the recent Cats delistees, I'd have a peek at Narkle but wary of affecting our potential Jones compo by picking up a DFA.

Nick Stevens is the other one I'd look at - name aside. Was highly rated so surprised to see him go.

No offence, but this cringeworthy.

Also borderline racist and seems to infantilise indigenous players.

Only an Aboriginal can coach them?
If renown community leader and one of the great mentors to indigenous men in the game hasn't been able to get the best out of him I don't think it's wrong to query whether we're equipped to do better.

Community leaders and the like are big to indigenous culture, to call that infantile is more insensitive imho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If renown community leader and one of the great mentors to indigenous men in the game hasn't been able to get the best out of him I don't think it's wrong to query whether we're equipped to do better.

Community leaders and the like are big to indigenous culture, to call that infantile is more insensitive imho.
My pop was indigenous but thank you for enlightening me.

To say someone can only develop and grow if another indigenous person is there to hold their hand is very diminishing.

My pop was indigenous but thank you for enlightening me.

To say someone can only develop and grow if another indigenous person is there to hold their hand is very diminishing.
It didn't directly say only Eddie or another indigenous person could. It just said if Eddie couldn't then we probably can't.

Didn't say only another indigenous person that holds there hand could do it, you made that assumption.

Who's to say it wasn't just because Eddie is a great mentor and if a great mentor like him can't then maybe we can't? There was no racial component to the statement and you added that commentary.

It didn't directly say only Eddie or another indigenous person could. It just said if Eddie couldn't then we probably can't.

Didn't say only another indigenous person that holds there hand could do it, you made that assumption.
He isn't a car, he's a normal person. Just because he didn't flourish with Eddie there doesn't mean our coaches can't help him.

Keep on going though I'm loving it. Are you saying Eddie is a more highly credentialed coach than any that we have?

If Eddie couldn’t sort him out not sure we can.

What sorting out did he need? I don’t recall seeing him connected to any issues. As far as I see it he’s a mjd who played 21 games or so in 2021 but got squeezed out this season by younger mids and has been delisted so that he can pick where he goes without having to worry about a trade. Betts was a forwards mentor I believe so wouldn’t have had much time with him anyway.

And even as a mentor Betts didn’t have much responsibility for Stengle as far as I’ve read - but because Stengle is a nephew and was raised in the extended Betts family they are close and Stengle has said he goes over to Eddie’s home for a meal once a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He isn't a car, he's a normal person. Just because he didn't flourish with Eddie there doesn't mean our coaches can't help him.

Keep on going though I'm loving it. Are you saying Eddie is a more highly credentialed coach than any that we have?
I didn't make the statement or share a view on whether the statement was accurate or not in my opinion. I wouldn't doubt us providing great support to him and have myself suggested we shouldn't refrain from signing up "risky" characters because I think we can support them. (Not that I'm suggestion Narkle is a risky character, I don't actually know anything about his character or background)

I just critiqued your response for bringing race into it and calling his view infantile and racist despite the comment not mentioning race at all and shared a view that yours was more insensitive than his imo.

I didn't make the statement or share a view on whether the statement was accurate or not in my opinion. I wouldn't doubt us providing great support to him and have myself suggested we shouldn't refrain from signing up "risky" characters because I think we can support them. (Not that I'm suggestion Narkle is a risky character, I don't actually know anything about his character or background)

I just critiqued your response for bringing race into it and calling his view infantile and racist despite the comment not mentioning race at all and shared a view that yours was more insensitive than his imo.
Come on mate.

Geelong are 100% the club we need to be scoping out - for both coaching upgrades and players.

On the recent Cats delistees, I'd have a peek at Narkle but wary of affecting our potential Jones compo by picking up a DFA.

Nick Stevens is the other one I'd look at - name aside. Was highly rated so surprised to see him go.
What about Frank the Tank?

yes, would consider him. DFA, would cost nothing, extra depth. I've seen him at his best at the Cats, & when he is "on" his game, he is exhilarating with pace, goal sense and x-factor. Unfortunately, is inconsistent, and maybe a little timid at times. Still worth considering imo.
Geelong don't let players of value go, has been in the system for some time now, would rather stay away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back