List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Jackson Nelson will be a great replacement for Selwood at the Cattery

I hate the talk of 92 & 94 being some dodgy state team packed full of the best WA talent. The VFL were allowed to pillage the WAFL before we were allowed to create our initial list, so it’s not like we had first pick at all the best local players. We got lucky with guys like Heady and Kemp being such good players being taken with such late picks.

Something that is often overlooked I think is that we also understood the value and importance of the draft before most clubs. 1992, we just won the premiership, and we strut into the draft with picks 1, 8, 19, 21 (amongst others) all for the low, low cost of Scott Watters (46 games for us), Tony Begovich (9 games), Paul Peos (51 games) and Dani Laidley (52 games).

Is Narkle better than Nelson? That's the equation for me if we have a list spot available. He's a free hit.

Will be 25 next season, compared to Slippy's 27.

Can anyone give me their thoughts on Quinten Lynch and Phil Narkle please?

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding COLA, it was always a scam that the AFL used to try and justify allowing Sydney a bigger budget

Case in point, back in the day both West Coast and Fremantle commissioned one of Australia's leading economic professor's to construct a report, with peer reviewed data, that the cost of living in Perth was just as expensive, if not potentially more expensive then Sydney. Thus, in the spirit of economic parity, the WA teams should also have a COLA allowance

What did the AFL do? Read it, ignored it, and nothing to see here

Edit: I cannot seem to hunt down the actual article, but this is what it was pertaining to, Circa 2013

anyone who saw a recent currant affairs program about toll roads would soon realise how expensive it is to drive in cities like sydney.Brisbane and melbourne also have toll roads.I am not sure if they include all this in their data.Also with the cost of housing and mortgages i don't know how the average person lives in these cities.

Last edited:
I hate the talk of 92 & 94 being some dodgy state team packed full of the best WA talent. The VFL were allowed to pillage the WAFL before we were allowed to create our initial list, so it’s not like we had first pick at all the best local players. We got lucky with guys like Heady and Kemp being such good players being taken with such late picks.

The truth is the club hid junior talent for 1 and secondly I would suggest there is at least some level of truth in the steriod rumours of the time.

Any other club taking advantage of Fold Coasts fire sale, after watching them deal pick 2 for Weller with Cockburn then back it up by gifting Brodie and pick 19 last year as well.... is just going to piss me off.

Even more so if it's the Cats after just winning a flag, or Essington.

Fold Coast needs to be liquidated asap.

Geelong must have a bottomless salary cap...

View attachment 1520573

They claim they never pay over a certain figure and all players take cuts to stay part of a stacked side. It would have been nice if Gov and Gaffy had signed for a little less when they did but Gaff was being offered more with North and Gov did hand back a couple of hundred thousand last year to help us sign JK & Bunga so at least they aren't full blown mercanaries like Buddy.

Any other club taking advantage of Fold Coasts fire sale, after watching them deal pick 2 for Weller with Cockburn then back it up by gifting Brodie and pick 19 last year as well.... is just going to piss me off.

Even more so if it's the Cats after just winning a flag, or Essington.

Fold Coast needs to be liquidated asap.

They need to be put under a conservatorship like Britney Spears was, they're a danger to themselves and cannot be trusted with their own welfare.

They claim they never pay over a certain figure and all players take cuts to stay part of a stacked side. It would have been nice if Gov and Gaffy had signed for a little less when they did but Gaff was being offered more with North and Gov did hand back a couple of hundred thousand last year to help us sign JK & Bunga so at least they aren't full blown mercanaries like Buddy.
One thing you rarely hear about or see happen is clubs chasing Geelong players with big money offers that forces them to match

We did it with Kelly and had it not been for his particular family circumstances he would have stayed at Geelong

And when they chase players they don’t throw stupid money at them. Cameron and Dangerfield took less money than was being offered elsewhere I believe. They’re also prepared to walk away if the asking price goes to high as it appears they’ve done with Hopper

They’re a very shrewd organisation

One thing you rarely hear about or see happen is clubs chasing Geelong players with big money offers that forces them to match

We did it with Kelly and had it not been for his particular family circumstances he would have stayed at Geelong

And when they chase players they don’t throw stupid money at them. Cameron and Dangerfield took less money than was being offered elsewhere I believe. They’re also prepared to walk away if the asking price goes to high as it appears they’ve done with Hopper

They’re a very shrewd organisation

Keys loves Geelong, Keys loves Geelong....

WEST Coast is open to splitting its prized No.2 draft pick for a double hit in the early stages of the draft.

The Eagles' selection is the earliest it has held since picking Nic Naitanui at No.2 in 2008 and the club will listen to offers for the choice if clubs are keen to move up the board.

The club has been interested in Luke Jackson but was not keen to put its No.2 up for grabs for him, but regardless of Jackson would still look at options in trading the second overall selection for more top-end picks.

Victorians George Wardlaw, Elijah Tsatas, Harry Sheezel, Jhye Clark and Aaron Cadman are all shaping as early draft selections, with Reuben Ginbey looking as the likely first West Australian drafted.

North Melbourne has also put its No.1 pick on the trade table, although clubs are unlikely to try to push up the board until other deals are completed and more clarity is known on the draft order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back