Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

The Port fans seem to forget that all the emphasis to make these trades happen fall squarely on Port

North have Horne Francis under contract, they don't have to do anything

West Coast have the option of redrafting Rioli via the pre season draft. After all, I have heard from all and sundry that the reason for his departure wasn't money as, monetarily, the West Coast deal was pretty similar right? 😏

Neither North nor West Coast have any obligation to trade picks 1 or 2 to help Port Facilitate any trade out of some misplaced sense of goodwill

So unless Port is making a godfather offer, West Coast, and I am sure North Melbourne, are quite happy with the status quo

They better not make North or WCE the bad guys in this. It isn't up to them, it's up to Port to get a top 5 pick. How is it their fault when Port seem to be the ones not wanting to trade anything. If trading Mitch Geordidatis will get you pick 2, why aren't you? Yeah you don't want to lose him I get it, but you need to give something to adhere to a seller's demand. That is it, the end.
Not giving up anything ? What planet are you living on ?

We keep hearing that JHF is contracted so port have to give up potentially the biggest trade in AFL history to get him.

But West Coast should be able to get a contracted MG, who is one of the most exciting young key forwards in the game and still only 21 for a 6 pick upgrade?

Exciting Contracted 21 year key forward is worth a 6 pick upgrade ? Na mate.

How about apply the same logic to West Coast trying to get MG out of Port (who doesn’t want to leave) to what everyone is saying about Port getting JHF out of North.

Of the two of them, only one is a disgruntled player who’s been criticised all year for having a poor attitude (with little to no support by his club) and desperate to leave.

Where has 'Port publicly put it on the other parties' ...... I assume there is an interview or 'quotes' that show this.
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Is this your first trade week? It's all list manager posturing via the media. Happens every year.

North aren't exactly going to come out and say "we will take whatever we can get".
You realise he is contracted right? There are heaps of examples in the last few years of trades not going through

Probably something that your club should have realized prior to attempting to lure him & going public with it.

This isn't North or West Coasts problem - This is Port & JHF's camps problem. It is on them to fix it.
Whether they have to lose an untouchable or they bungle the trade after all their blustering and hubris, the melts from Port supporters will be something special to savour either way

Is this your first trade week? It's all list manager posturing via the media. Happens every year.

North aren't exactly going to come out and say "we will take whatever we can get".

They won't take anything less than a top 5 pick. They will take their chances they can turn him and his terrible attitude around. Feel a top 5 pick is the utter bare minimum and it has to be this year as I doubt North are willing to gamble on Port coming in the bottom 4 next year (they won't)

Probably something that your club should have realized prior to attempting to lure him & going public with it.

This isn't North or West Coasts problem - This is Port & JHF's camps problem. It is on them to fix it.
Port wanting a North player doesn't give North a blank cheque to ask for whatever they want for him no matter how ridiculous and obligate Port to pay that price. Walking away remains an option. It's North's right to ask for overs, it's Port's right to refuse to pay those overs.

West Coast have the option of redrafting Rioli via the pre season draft. After all, I have heard from all and sundry that the reason for his departure wasn't money as, monetarily, the West Coast deal was pretty similar right? 😏
If West Coast were willing to pay Rioli what Port are offering him, they would have done so a month ago and Rioli would have never requested a trade in the first place. If no trade gets done, somebody might take Rioli before us in the PSD, but it won't be West Coast.

If West Coast were willing to pay Rioli what Port are offering him, they would have done so a month ago and Rioli would have never requested a trade in the first place. If no trade gets done, somebody might take Rioli before us in the PSD, but it won't be West Coast.

Given the winky face, I am pretty sure TWW was being sarcastic.

Port wanting a North player doesn't give North a blank cheque to ask for whatever they want for him no matter how ridiculous and obligate Port to pay that price. Walking away remains an option. It's North's right to ask for overs, it's Port's right to refuse to pay those overs.
When they're contracted it kind of does.

Go to a random persons house and tell them you'll give them a "fair deal" for their house and see if they sell it to you for that

Not giving up anything ? What planet are you living on ?

We keep hearing that JHF is contracted so port have to give up potentially the biggest trade in AFL history to get him.

But West Coast should be able to get a contracted MG, who is one of the most exciting young key forwards in the game and still only 21 for a 6 pick upgrade?

Exciting Contracted 21 year key forward is worth a 6 pick upgrade ? Na mate.

How about apply the same logic to West Coast trying to get MG out of Port (who doesn’t want to leave) to what everyone is saying about Port getting JHF out of North.

Of the two of them, only one is a disgruntled player who’s been criticised all year for having a poor attitude (with little to no support by his club) and desperate to leave.

It doesn't have to be him, it can be any one of those good players, you need to give up something to adhere to WCE's demand to get pick 2. A future first isn't enough. Think what Ti Tarranto cost GWS who started at pick 7 that season. It cost them Cam McCarthy and TWO other first rounders. Teams pay massive to move up in the pointy end of a draft. WCE aren't shifting down for a few late picks here and there.

When they're contracted it kind of does.

Go to a random persons house and tell them you'll give them a "fair deal" for their house and see if they sell it to you for that
Honestly m8 your reading comprehension in this thread has been kindergarten level.

If I knock on my neighbours door and ask to buy his house and he says he'll only sell it to me for more what I think it's worth, I can just refuse. I'm not locked into the transaction just because I inquired about it. Walking away remains an option. I don't get the house, but I'd rather not have the house than pay significant overs for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You realise he is contracted right? There are heaps of examples in the last few years of trades not going through

You are under-selling the uniqueness of this situation.

I can't ever recall a #1 pick requesting a trade after just 11 months at a club.

The form of this #1 pick was also below expectation, and off-field issues were flagged on several occasions.

Add to this the reality that North are trying to hit hard reset with a new coaching panel and massive list turnover.

Getting rid of JH-F would be a positive step in the rebuild and North should be hugely motivated to get somenthing done.

Will be a short walk for Koch & Kern.

page test GIF

That's fine.
You put in a winning bid despite not having enough picks to pay for him. If you aren't willing to sell other assets to get it done it won't get done.
And again, if the cost it takes to get it done is two first rounders and Georgiades, I'd rather it not get done.

Thats quite ok, we are quite happy to play handball as it pertains to Rioli and wouldn't be fazed if another club takes him. We have extended that guy more then enough good faith
Port needs to find us a higher second rounder, or he is undoubtedly going to the PSD
We either all win, or we all lose

Will be a short walk for Koch & Kern.

page test GIF
If those flogs ended up getting sacked over it then that would be all the more reason for Port to walk away.

Honestly m8 your reading comprehension in this thread has been kindergarten level.

If I knock on my neighbours door and ask to buy his house and he says he'll only sell it to me for more what I think it's worth, I can just refuse. I'm not locked into the transaction just because I inquired about it. Walking away remains an option. I don't get the house, but I'd rather not have the house than pay significant overs for it.

This would be a more relevant comparison if you'd also convinced the house it only wanted you as the owner and it didn't want the current owner in there.

Pretending you've just knocked on JHF's door in the last week is a little disingenuous.

You are under-selling the uniqueness of this situation.

I can't ever recall a #1 pick requesting a trade after just 11 months at a club.

The form of this #1 pick was also below expectation, and off-field issues were flagged on several occasions.

Add to this the reality that North are trying to hit hard reset with a new coaching panel and massive list turnover.

Getting rid of JH-F would be a positive step in the rebuild and North should be hugely motivated to get somenthing done.

Uniqueness? He isn't the first or last mummy boy having a sook. He can grow a pair or not nominate for the draft in the first place.

North have the asset, if Port want the asset, they have listed their terms. What else do you want North to do? They aren't selling a Ferrari at 50c in the dollar. They want full price and highly so especially one that is contracted.

Exactly you can but the only way you're getting it is by paying what he wants. But guess what he's gone and told everyone around that you're not serious about getting it done so everyone you enquirer with after doesn't give you the time of day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back