List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wilmot was born on December 31st, 2003 - so no.

I would've thought he'd be the first to jump to mind given the incessant usage of the "X hours and he'd be in this year's draft!" stat! ;)

I was more making the point that pretty much no one we drafted in the last few years would actually have any memory of us winning a flag.

2023 Draft.

RMC notes from the U17 Challenge match.

Good to see Richardson is already well versed in how the Lions senior tall defenders operate and dispose of the ball.

Next year is going to be a big draft for academy kids. Gold Coast likely to have two bid on in the first round, and another early in the second round. Both the Swans and Giants look to have a decent kid as well. There looks to be a lot of depth in next years draft. If I was a recruiter, I'd be telling my list manager to take the fewest possible selections in this draft, and look to load up in next year's draft if possible.
Hey, in the latest Dunkley related article, Cal says: "With the Lions predicted to again be in the premiership race next year and with potentially two first-round Academy bids shaping next season, that pick would be expected to be between 15-20."

Would that be these two?

Next year we may have draftees that have never seen Essendon win a final.
We need to consult the Lohmanns and Wilmots as to what was on TV in their house on 04-Sep-2004.

Hey, in the latest Dunkley related article, Cal says: "With the Lions predicted to again be in the premiership race next year and with potentially two first-round Academy bids shaping next season, that pick would be expected to be between 15-20."

Would that be these two?
The two Gold Coast boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LEAGUE CLAMPS DOWN ON BIDDING COLLUSION​

THE AFL has added extra layers to block any potential bidding collusion between clubs in this year's Trade Period.

The League has previously pushed to stop clubs from doing any deals that could include unwritten favours such as not bidding on father-son or Academy prospects at the NAB AFL Draft, but has added extra steps to clamp down this year.

INDICATIVE DRAFT ORDER Every club's hand as it stands

Every trade that is executed between clubs sees list managers or club representatives join an online meeting, with a line of questioning relating to the trade to ensure it is not linked to any other trade or bidding agreements.

The direct and explicit questions for each party have been added to the process making a trade official, with each meeting recorded by the AFL.

There were two father-sons – Sam Darcy and Nick Daicos – who attracted bids inside the top-four picks last year, while Will Ashcroft could be the first father-son to be bid on at No.1 at November's draft after a dominant draft campaign. – Callum Twomey

I do remember a time when the majority of posters on here were happy to walk someone to the PSD. Go-home 5 perhaps. I can understand the emotion.

In our slight defence we were being offered cents on the dollar, eg picks in the 30s for docherty/yeo, for players who were with us for 2/3 years.

If you look past the spin the final Dunkley offer probably will be 21 and a future first - less than what he is worth perhaps, but they got 7 years out of him including 2 grand finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back