Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's already been shut down
I disagree. We need draft picks now. Our window is closing. A future pick 16 isn't worth too much. If the window slams shut with Dunkley leaving and us not getting decent recompense, then we might as well make a statement at the start of our rebuild, so this doesn't happen again.

The window bs has been blown to pieces by Geelong. There is no window.

Just wait until we take their F1 for Dunkley plus whatever keeps us happy (picks/player) and everyone is happy. Loins then trade away some picks this year for F2’s and go into deficit for Ashcroft/Fletcher. The F1 will be worth nothing.
Not sure why we are entertaining the F1 as a risk stands with it. I believe it can get diluted as it’s still tied to them.

Looks like Fremantle are eyeing off what we get from Brisbane.

Ryan Daniels

@FootyRhino
·
38m

Holding up proceedings is the stand-off in the Josh Dunkley deal - assets the Dogs would likely receive in that trade, could unlock the possibility of a Lobb deal.

Just wait until we take their F1 for Dunkley plus whatever keeps us happy (picks/player) and everyone is happy. Loins then trade away some picks this year for F2’s and go into deficit for Ashcroft/Fletcher. The F1 will be worth nothing.
Not sure why we are entertaining the F1 as a risk stands with it. I believe it can get diluted as it’s still tied to them.
Once it passes to the dogs it cannot be diluted by Brisbane going into deficit.. that comes off their second pick

The deficit comes off their first pick, which won’t be their F1 if we have it

Just catching up and it looks like there's a huge freeze on clubs not budging on trades. Looks like the Bowes deal has bit cats. Giants want a future first for Bruhn and Suns want a future 2nd. It's likely then Ratugolea cats will have to trade to port for their future 2nd or send pick 7 to them lol. It's more likely Bruhn wont get done after all.

Nah mate, not if they trade it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might as well buy a dogs membership. You practically live here
If you offer memberships to anyone who's spent three days on your board, you're as bad as NM and their one game memberships! ;)

We should just make a list best to worst of Brissies players and start working our way down offering the contract we were willing to offer Dunkley.

Once it passes to the dogs it cannot be diluted by Brisbane going into deficit.. that comes off their second pick
You sure, I’m sure I heard some nufties on radio stating it could.
Sounded strange. Guess I’ll rely on here and Facebook for my information in future. No risk there

Anyone else call BS that Brisbane HAD to trade out pick 15 for picks? They got the McStay compo. Berry was traded out, Mathieson is on the outer, Robertson is said to be potentially up for trade. Surely others. Even if they landed a bunch of picks in the third round, they could have collected enough points to cover the bids. I think they just got lazy with their dealings.

We should just make a list best to worst of Brissies players and start working our way down offering the contract we were willing to offer Dunkley.
Sounds good to me. This is how other clubs end up with a Jarryd Lyons.

Anyone else call BS that Brisbane HAD to trade out pick 15 for picks? They got the McStay compo. Berry was traded out, Mathieson is on the outer, Robertson is said to be potentially up for trade. Surely others. Even if they landed a bunch of picks in the third round, they could have collected enough points to cover the bids. I think they just got lazy with their dealings.

It was a spite trade after we refused their "give us a points upgrade with your B&F and we'll consider giving your a first rounder" bullshit.

They're so sure they can bring in three top players without having to give anything up.

So glad there’s the Jackson, Grundy, Lobb, Bowes, Dunkley deals going on and on and on.
Would have though Hunter story would have been hounded by the media. Instead it’s as if it’s not even a thing.

Anyone else call BS that Brisbane HAD to trade out pick 15 for picks?
If you ignore the arbitrary starting offers on both sides (e.g. two first rounders for X second rounders back vs two first rounders straight up) I have a sneaking suspicion we gave Power the pick of 15 or our future 1st and we'd downgrade the other, and he chose the future 1st.

The future 1st is worth a lot more on the open market compared to pick 15 given so many clubs are focusing on next year's draft, so if we were looking to generate points without regard for the Dogs we would've used that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back