News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it would appear Adelaide would much rather let go of pick 5 this year, than let go of their 1st rounder next year? Presumably they don’t rate Phillipou etc. ahead of the top dozen or so from next years draft?

Unless Adelaide are holding out for a live trade on draft night?

So it would appear Adelaide would much rather let go of pick 5 this year, than let go of their 1st rounder next year? Presumably they don’t rate Phillipou etc. ahead of the top dozen or so from next years draft?

Be interesting if phillipou was born a few days later what pick he’d go for in next years draft and where he’d be rated in the cohort now

Would predict top 4-5

You’d almost think it would be worth the risk of a future 1st trade

Maybe it’s possible on draft night

Or maybe gold coast dont want the future first as it would get eaten in bids.

Agree with the player thoughts .....but what do you think we would have had to pay, if Rankine was Contracted ?

IF it's pick #5 and 3rd rnd pick ......why the hell is it dragging on .....seems pretty straight forward to me
I think we want something back to ensure we get Keeler and Michaelany.
The comment recently of "well pick 5 is sitting there" means we've offered that pick and it's available to GC if they return us what we want.

But like everyone, I'm guessing...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just responding to David King and the bullshit narrative that SA is a fishbowl. It can get far worse in VIC as shown by the way they treated JHF this year.

Trust me Rankine will get more SA media attention next year than JHF
It doesn't matter if you're in a fish bowl or an ocean if the magnifying glass is on you...

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are we ? What number would he go on the draft do you think ?
if you put him in the ND not the PSD with a 1.5m price on his head, hes not getting picked up by anyone unless it was us

paying 5 for an uncontracted players is nuts unless there is
1. more to it - the deal
2. future trading the two clubs are working out for next year
3. rankine deal specifies the compo for GC
4. maybe we dont rate anyone from picks 6(5) - 20 odd and so they dont care

we lost a contracted cameron for 14 FFS - who was significantly better at one year older

i want him but this is a really s**t deal by trading standards

if you put him in the ND not the PSD with a 1.5m price on his head, hes not getting picked up by anyone unless it was us

paying 5 for an uncontracted players is nuts unless there is
1. more to it - the deal
2. future trading the two clubs are working out for next year
3. rankine deal specifies the compo for GC
4. maybe we dont rate anyone from picks 6(5) - 20 odd and so they dont care

we lost a contracted cameron for 14 FFS - who was significantly better at one year older

i want him but this is a really s**t deal by trading standards
Hopefully we are playing nice because we're planing to dip from the GC well twice with Hollands 🤞
I'm glad we got TT, but was gutted we didn't get Hollands in that draft.

No one ahead of us would draft him if he entered.
There is no guarantee though. Essendon have a pick before us and could quite easily pick him up.

It's also not a great look to any other player that we are going to target in the next few years. It's hard enough to convince them to come play for us as it is, let alone if we show that we are happy to let them go to the PSD or ND and then risk them ending up anywhere. If they nominate us, they want to know that we are going to do everything we can to get the deal done.

There is no guarantee though. Essendon have a pick before us and could quite easily pick him up.

It's also not a great look to any other player that we are going to target in the next few years. It's hard enough to convince them to come play for us as it is, let alone if we show that we are happy to let them go to the PSD or ND and then risk them ending up anywhere. If they nominate us, they want to know that we are going to do everything we can to get the deal done.
incorrect
they will take sheezel on min chips if they want a small forward

Just not seeing many match winners available at pick 6 this draft … few solid types

Phillipou the best local and most upside who could make us regret perhaps

Would like to get him too
With Phillipou only just eligible for this year's draft where would he be ranked in next yrs draft top 5?

incorrect
they will take sheezel on min chips if they want a small forward
As long as there are teams with picks before us, there is still a chance someone could take him. I agree it would be unlikely, but it's still a risk that we could lose him. We have put all this time and effort into getting him to agree to come, no way would we then risk losing him just to avoid giving up a 3rd rounder.

We would be the laughing stock of the competition if we let him go to the draft and then someone else took him before our pick, and then it would make it even harder to convince future trade targets to agree to come play for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back