AE AE 2022 Bigfooty NFL Tipping Comp

This is the official site for AE tipping 2022
all players will need to enter here

for those who wish to enter as financial please pm me for bank details (entry stays at $20)
please note that you can still enter for free.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
TAKE 2

List of rules:

Rule #1: You have to pick one winner each week. You must tip before TNF kick-off.

Rule #2: No one can pick in the game with the greatest line head start each week, according to Sportsbet website. (if there are 2 games with the same biggest line then this rule is ignored).

Rule #3: You cannot pick the same team over a rolling 4-week period. i.e. if you pick Tampa Bay in Week 2, you can’t pick them again until Week 6.

Rule #4: You can gain an immunity round if you elect to pick an underdog (as per the Sportsbet website, at the time you make the tip) and they win. This means you get an extra life. You can earn a maximum of one immunity round in the competition. NB: As per Rule #1, you must tip before first kick-off!

Rule #5: If you forget to submit a tip before first kick-off, you get the team with the greatest head start (i.e. the team least likely to win).

Last player standing wins!

This week
Biggest line is Buffalo -14.5
So default pick is: Pittsburgh.

MAKE YOUR TIPS HERE!

peterbuch74 balmainforever aussiedude raskolnikov matt_897 Demonic Ascent rumply GG.exe Gridiron Warrior tha Freak 84859300 fuey Constantgin
And all others welcome!

1665062283354.png

This is my first time doing confidence ranking and I'm not sure I like it.

I have tipped a few upsets over the season that I was happy to get right but there is virtually no point as my upsets are naturally near the bottom so me picking the Jets to beat the Steelers for 2 points is worthless compared to picking the Bills to beat the Steelers for max points like everyone else.

I feel like it should be the other way around? or am I missing some strategy?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is my first time doing confidence ranking and I'm not sure I like it.

I have tipped a few upsets over the season that I was happy to get right but there is virtually no point as my upsets are naturally near the bottom so me picking the Jets to beat the Steelers for 2 points is worthless compared to picking the Bills to beat the Steelers for max points like everyone else.

I feel like it should be the other way around? or am I missing some strategy?
You can always choose an upset you have a gut feeling about, just one or two of them, and put a high CR on them, and for other "hope and a prayer" upsets leave them at the bottom.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
You have the freedom to do what you like, which is great. Much better than a straight up pice'em.

You can hedge your bets and pick all the favorites high to low. You can be stupid once in a while like me and pick a heap of upsets. You can mix and match like most probably do, where they might have a feeling about one or two upsets, and either put them high or low, and stick with favorites the rest of the way. You can pick predominantly home teams. As people fall behind in the standings anyway they'll chance their arm more to try to bridge the gap little by little (all it can take is one or two weeks where there really are a lot of underdog winners and most people bombed out, for one to make a dramatic climb up the ladder. But i think its best to be cautious and prudent, people chasing the score usually only fall further behind.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Spewing, I had the Seahawks but last minute flipped to Cardinals.

Although I also had Saints and last minute flipped to Bengals so swings and roundabouts I guess :tearsofjoy:

Got decimated this week but I think that's probably true for most. Not gonna get sucked in by the Jags again, boy they stink. Colts couldn't even score a TD against Denver the week before!

I was very confident the Pats would get it done against the Browns, no way Belichick loses to Stefanski/Brissett but I only had 1CR on it - gotta go with my gut next time.

Spewing, I had the Seahawks but last minute flipped to Cardinals.

Although I also had Saints and last minute flipped to Bengals so swings and roundabouts I guess :tearsofjoy:

Got decimated this week but I think that's probably true for most. Not gonna get sucked in by the Jags again, boy they stink. Colts couldn't even score a TD against Denver the week before!

I was very confident the Pats would get it done against the Browns, no way Belichick loses to Stefanski/Brissett but I only had 1CR on it - gotta go with my gut next time.
Been a rough week for tipsters!
Think I had Tampa for the knockout comp too

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
SURVIVOR

This week
Biggest line is Rams -10.5
So default pick is: Carolina.

MAKE YOUR TIPS HERE!

peterbuch74 aussiedude raskolnikov Demonic Ascent Constantgin AmericanCrow

A bit of a shemozzle last weekend
raskolnikov didn’t tip, so gets the losing Panthers. But aussiedude took the Rams despite not being allowed.
However, of the rest, 4 (Demonic Ascent AmericanCrow peterbuch74 myself) picked Tompa.

Which just leaves Constantgin as the winner!!

Has been a weird season, and that is reflected in these survivor comps!

Back