Certified Legendary Thread GEELONG WINS 2022 GRAND FINAL BY PLENTY

Remove this Banner Ad

PdEBXI.gif

My boy :hearteyes:

This is a good example of one of the bigger changes at the Cats this season (prelim had other examples aswell), ruthlessness.
Look at the time, look at the score. He was well within his right to take it a bit easier and let him run away, but he didn't. He went hard to chase him down and effected a great turn over.
Brilliant effort.

This is a good example of one of the bigger changes at the Cats this season (prelim had other examples aswell), ruthlessness.
Look at the time, look at the score. He was well within his right to take it a bit easier and let him run away, but he didn't. He went hard to chase him down and effected a great turn over.
Brilliant effort.
Yup..
Daisy even said on the main call when Guth got his free for tackle in F50...
"look at them... 51 points up and dog hungry"

The trick now will be getting that to carry thru 2023.

GO Catters

Brilliant effort.
In previous years that tackle slips, then another cats player comes in and that tackle gets broken too, leaving us with 2 players on the ground, oppo with the ball and likely a free player who now has space.

We stuck tackles this year. Feels like it isn't talked enough. Close, Rohan, Stengle, Danger, Miers, Kolo, Zuthrie, all guys who nailed big tackles this year and in the case of Zuth, Kolo and Miers they would have slipped.

I don't know what the change was but I loved it.

Just on another note about that intent when tackling, Kolo did it a few times in the GF where he just put in huge effort to effect a tackle, which he hasn't really been known to stick consistently, but the biggest individual play was the Stanley hit in the third (which IIRC turned into the holding free and goal to Cuthrie, I say IIRC, I could recite play by play 30 minutes either side of the play but still...), that was a HUGE hit full of intent and he stuck it.
For a player who comes across as "soft" at the contest at times, he was brilliant there, and in the last 2 finals in general.

As dazbroncos said, the key is to continue that intent into next season, if so the sky is genuinely the limit.

Duncan...
hmmmm ....

lets go to the video tape... warner wolf style....

Anyone under 40 wont have a clue what im talking about....

3rd 1/4 with 12:12 left on game clock.

GO Catters

Last edited:
dazbroncos if I got this wrong, then my punishment is to watch the entire Cat's finals games again. :)))

If I got it right, my reward is to watch the entire Cat's finals games again. :)))
i know what you'll be doing then !

But now you have to listen to the JB and BT version.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kolo's prelim and GF were huge. He probably played his two best games for the club in those two weeks, on the biggest stage no less. I have to give him massive kudos for that.
After his knee injury in week 1 too.

He came out and said (words to the effect) that he realised that he could have missed out and he was going to play with freedom.

Yup..
Daisy even said on the main call when Guth got his free for tackle in F50...
"look at them... 51 points up and dog hungry"

The trick now will be getting that to carry thru 2023.

GO Catters
Yep. Particularly with a cohort of older guys that have now ‘ticked the box’. Management strategies next year will be interesting to watch.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I swear there was a higher level of excitement from the 7 commentary when the Swans kicked goals :think:
There was literally no excitement at all from them all game.
Probably the worst called grand final in history.
Thank god for the radio commentary.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I swear there was a higher level of excitement from the 7 commentary when the Swans kicked goals :think:
Always is with Brayshaw. Talks us up as a professional unit etc but never wants us to win. The Collingwood game with Brayshaw and Darcy was peak barracking against us.

Look at the YT vid of TripleMs call of every goal. Darcy looks pissed off the whole time.

i know what you'll be doing then !

But now you have to listen to the JB and BT version.

GO Catters

Look i allways- in any post - just give my honest opinion - like i dont go with the sheep - herd mentality - one goes through the blooody gate - and the rest of them follow suit

Ive quite enjoyed him - especially those Sat night games when Lingy was just starting off as a boundary rider commentator - along with Richo Darce and BT- they could make a shocking game - watchable/entertaining

Now in the 3rd qtr of the GF - Brian Taylor in the commentary - just quietly said when Geelong were just obliterating the Swans - " Look the Cats have been the best team of the past 2 decades - no question about it "- and he said it with a bit of venom - he meant it - now thats what i call accurate commentary

Not that hyped up rubbish - from those 2 pip squeaks ( ok they are Geel supporters i get it ) Hudson and Whately who both played zero games of 1st grade VFL/AFL - and i cant stand either of them

Look i allways- in any post - just give my honest opinion - like i dont go with the sheep - herd mentality - one goes through the blooody gate - and the rest of them follow suit

Ive quite enjoyed him - especially those Sat night games when Lingy was just starting off as a boundary rider commentator - along with Richo Darce and BT- they could make a shocking game - watchable/entertaining

Now in the 3rd qtr of the GF - Brian Taylor in the commentary - just quietly said when Geelong were just obliterating the Swans - " Look the Cats have been the best team of the past 2 decades - no question about it "- and he said it with a bit of venom - he meant it - now thats what i call accurate commentary

Not that hyped up rubbish - from those 2 pip squeaks ( ok they are Geel supporters i get it ) Hudson and Whately who both played zero games of 1st grade VFL/AFL - and i cant stand either of them

The best pro callers haven’t played the game as pros. “I played footy so i know how to talk good things about stuff”. No thanks.

Always is with Brayshaw. Talks us up as a professional unit etc but never wants us to win. The Collingwood game with Brayshaw and Darcy was peak barracking against us.

Look at the YT vid of TripleMs call of every goal. Darcy looks pissed off the whole time.

The true side of Brayshaw comes out on triple M.

I've always been of the belief that he wasn't a fan of us, but it becomes especially apparent on there. It just makes him look disingenuous.

He'll be calling us "such a proffesional unit" on Friday for channel 7, and rubbishing us by Monday on Triple M.

It's his way of getting Billy worked up for a bit of entertainment, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back