USA Mid Term elections in November

Remove this Banner Ad

What amazes me is how literally dumb the average American voter is, particularly on the Republican side. I have political discussions with people all the time, and I can tell you straight up that more non Americans seem to know a lot more about how their political system works, than Americans themselves do. And how made up memes, feelings and emotions are more "truth", than facts itself. Which is a bit cute from a base that once screamed "F your feelings", yet are the ones who project the most feels and anger on social media. Many don't even know their constitution inside out. Which seems pretty odd for people seemingly heavily invested in politics.

Any time there is a close result, the Republican base will always try and scream fraud no matter what, expect this to be the new normal from now on. Thanks to cry baby Trump. Not even the hundreds of dismissed law suits that showed not one ounce of evidence will convince them. Or they will try and make an issue out of anything and everything to fuel their imaginary suspicions. One current trend is them claiming how can a Rep win the governor race, yet not win the senate race in Nevada? As if the two are meant to be the same or some crap and swinging voters could not have two sets of minds?

They seem to forget, that the majority of votes comes from the big cities in Nevada by miles. The cities general lean Democrat historically, thus it is no surprise given that the remaining votes largely leaned towards the Democrats. But nah, they just scream "its a sign of fraud and cheating that they can suddenly find extra Democrat votes"

For a base that has had the most arrests for election tampering and fraud at the last election by far, constantly gerrymandering districts in their favor, and passing laws to limit who can votes, often targeting minorities. Anyone remember the Florida recount being stopped suddenly during Bush vs Gore? I think its laughable they cry about a lot about electoral interference when they have been the main culprits at it.

Always thought this was an ambitious podcast name
i-got-your-red-wave-right-here-v0-5tlxh7sdz4z91.jpg

Every single secretary of state candidate that was a Trump election denier on he Republican side has LOST Great news for stopping attempts at subverting election results and a kick in the nuts of Trump

Look, now that's a mighty fine ad full of persuasive ideas and all, but it can't hold a candle to this pitch from Mike Gravel in 2008 as to why he should be US President:

Think this bloke is me when I read a Taylor or an ol' Jim Shoes post.

And another freak in the shape of Jim Marchant has been Baygonned in Nevada. Good.

Edit: Marchant outcome already posted.

Last edited:
Still very much in play but the Republicans firm favorites though. Maybe 75/25 at this point. Democrats need a couple of close races to go their way.
Any idea on how many "reasonable" Republicans are in the house that are willing to support bi-partisan legislation.

Would bode well for Biden (or whoever his replacement for 2024 is going to be) if he can get some meaningful legislation passed through in the leadup to 2024. Big ticket legislative items for democrats would have to be
1. Gun reform
2. Healthcare
3. Student Loans (already suffered a defeat on this one via the court)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5f06wjU.jpg

Lol, there have always been slow counts, and it’s the laws republicans have put in place in these states which has made things slower again.

Wtf would a count taking longer favour one side over the other anyway?

Lots of theories. See below for example. I don't know whether there is merit to any of them. All I DO know is that the longer the count takes, the more the outcome tends to favour the Democrats. Just coincidence I guess.

Feel free to never post nonsense in this thread again

Speaking of nonsense what did you think of Biden calling the PM of Cambodia the PM of Colombia yesterday? Doesn't it surprise you that a President this bad presiding over a terrible economy has performed so much better in the mid terms than almost all the pundits and pollsters including the left-leaning ones
expected?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back