USA Mid Term elections in November

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of nonsense what did you think of Biden calling the PM of Cambodia the PM of Colombia yesterday? Doesn't it surprise you that a President this bad presiding over a terrible economy has performed so much better in the mid terms than almost all the pundits and pollsters including the left-leaning ones
expected?

Your MAGA knobs got the collective s**t kicked out of them for the 3rd straight election. Lost the popular vote in 16 by 3 million.

As loud and attention grabbing this hodge podge of millionaires and neo nazis are, they don’t win elections.

And all their idiot supporters can offer is conspiracy bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Speaking of nonsense what did you think of Biden calling the PM of Cambodia the PM of Colombia yesterday? Doesn't it surprise you that a President this bad presiding over a terrible economy has performed so much better in the mid terms than almost all the pundits and pollsters including the left-leaning ones
expected?

Trump himself said at the time that the overturning of the Roe vs Wade decision would not bode well for the Republicans in the Mid term elections.
He got that right.

expected?

Nope. What surprises me is why they didnt win by more. Why the hell would nearly half the country vote to get rid of their democracy.

Any idea on how many "reasonable" Republicans are in the house that are willing to support bi-partisan legislation.

Would bode well for Biden (or whoever his replacement for 2024 is going to be) if he can get some meaningful legislation passed through in the leadup to 2024. Big ticket legislative items for democrats would have to be
1. Gun reform
2. Healthcare
3. Student Loans (already suffered a defeat on this one via the court)
1. No chance of doing anything meaningful. Not enough Dems on board let alone getting any Republicans onside (more suicidal than supporting Trumps impeachment for mine). Maybe they might manage a few superficial reforms.

For example take Marie Gluesenkamp, Democrats surprise winner in Washington. From an article about her on an assault weapons ban (she's a gun owner)...

"I don't think it gets to the heart of the issue and I think the vast majority of gun owners are responsible, they go to the gun range, they believe in safe storage, we get a few unhinged young people, that doesn't mean we need to throw the baby out with the bath water," she said, adding that she would be open to raising the purchasing age from 18 to 21 for assault weapons.

Funny thing is her other policies include addressing climate change, affordable childcare, small business, lower healthcare costs and abortion rights.

So if she won't tackle gun reform, who will?

2. Probably just reinforcing Obanacare rather than any further meaningful reform, however this is important. Status quo is not a given, as the conservative states and arsewipes on the Supreme Court will continue to try their best to gut it. The insurance companies and big pharma are significant opponents too.

3. Dunno about student loans - but see healthcare for my best guess.

I think Biden and the Dems need to take a risk and try and do something about the Supreme Court (even something dodgy) - I'm not sure what, but they will be a huge barrier to any meaningful reform for the next 30 years. I'd try and disqualify some of the conservative members on a pretext (lying to congress about Roe v Wade might be a starting point or reprosecuting the decision not letting the Dems pick Garland 6 years or so ago) although with a Republican House, I'm not sure this is possible. Or maybe increase the numbers on the Bench.

Good point. I'll concede that one, but the pollsters and pundits took that into account and still predicted a red wave that turned into a red puddle.

View attachment 1553473
How many female only issues get taken seriously at that level of commentary. Sad but true.
It certainly was a serious issue at the grassroots level it would appear though.

5f06wjU.jpg

Maybe the UN needs to start sending election observers.

expected?

Unfortunate error but you can forgive Biden somewhat - he probably had most of his focus on the electron.

How good would it be if the Democrats retained the House of Reps as well.
Joe Biden, Master Troll.
Realistically it's not going to happen, but it would be funny if the Dems retaining the House was, in part, due to the them holding onto Alaska's only House seat because Sarah Palin decided to get back into politics.

Unfortunate error but you can forgive Biden somewhat - he probably had most of his focus on the electron.
Don’t think Biden comes anywhere near the number of gaffes by GW Bush.
Didn’t David Letterman run a weekly segment on his show highlighting these?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of theories. See below for example. I don't know whether there is merit to any of them. All I DO know is that the longer the count takes, the more the outcome tends to favour the Democrats. Just coincidence I guess.

They have in Nevada and other places because mail ins counted last, as per what the republicans want.

In Arizona they are counted first, and you saw Dems go out to big leads then pegged back.

As for mail ins favouring Dems, you are hearing Trump say mail ins are rigged so don’t vote by mail.

expected?

Keep digging up.

Roe v Wade
Student loans
Terrible extreme Trump endorsed candidates

You need something called proof, not just polls were wrong.

Polls were wrong 2016
Polls were wrong in 2020 (expected a bigger Biden/Dems win)
Polls wrong this time (expected bigger republicans win)

Was the Australian election rigged in 2019 as well?

They have in Nevada and other places because mail ins counted last, as per what the republicans want.

In Arizona they are counted first, and you saw Dems go out to big leads then pegged back.

As for mail ins favouring Dems, you are hearing Trump say mail ins are rigged so don’t vote by mail.

The people/voters of Arizona will never forgive Donald Trump for insulting the memory and reputation of the late John McCain.

It's kinda insane how long the us election counting process is. Just imagine how slow it would be if they got over 50% turnout for once...
Or even worse,compulsory voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back