Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 17: Old Man Yells At Crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.

As always, please submit ideas for the thread title by tagging me! Winner announced when I get around to it.

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

Presidential Election Aftermath thread is here ->

Isn’t there a behind the scenes documentary of trumps election 2020 in the works? Havnt heard anything since they released some footage with Donnie complaining about a table with a glass of water on it in the background .
found it.. called 'Unprecidented'. Apparently already relesased on Team Discovery Channel. Will have to try and track it down.

Grover Cleveland’s first term as president was somewhat more impressive than Trump’s.

Ehhhhhh.

Interesting parallels.

When the North introduced conscription, Cleveland paid a Polish man $150 to fight the Civil War in his stead. As a lawyer, he did pro bono work for participants in the Fenian Raids (weirdo Irish nationalists who farcically invaded Canada in the hope they could take it from Britain and trade it for Irish independence). The only President to marry in the White House, he was 49 when he married his 21 year old wife, who he had known since she was an infant and was her guardian after her father died when she was 11.

The Republican primaries will be more interesting than the election. It's a huge reach for RDS to extend his hold outside of Florida, where he has essentially been playing against the computer. Trump has 18? months to reindoctrinate the GOP voter base - I'm backing him in, which will be great for Sleepy Joe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Republican primaries will be more interesting than the election. It's a huge reach for RDS to extend his hold outside of Florida, where he has essentially been playing against the computer. Trump has 18? months to reindoctrinate the GOP voter base - I'm backing him in, which will be great for Sleepy Joe.
I'm not backing Trump. In fact I think his campaign will be the biggest fizzer you can imagine. De Santis looks to be a lock for the Republican nomination though a lot can happen in the next year of course.

90% of Republicans went along for the ride while Trump was useful or because it was suicide to oppose him (i.e short term self interest in keeping their jobs). They needed enough momentum to break away and DeSantis and the midterms and Fox look to have finally provided it (long term self interest in actually winning the next election). I expect the only names that will stick by him after a month or two will be the absolute hard core nutjobs (Boebert etc). And as Fox cheers on De Santis, much of Trumps support amongst Rep voters will continue to leech away.

For me the most interesting questions are:
  • What happens with the absolute hardcore "Trump or nobody" supporters and how many are there? It would only take a few % to decide not to vote to cripple the Republicans.
  • Does Liz Cheney make a comeback and in what capacity?
  • Can De Santis translate state power to national power effectively?
  • Does Biden jump or get pushed for someone younger on the Democrat side?
and the biggest of all
  • Would Trump be stupid enough to nominate as an Independent which would really cripple the Republicans?

I'm not backing Trump. In fact I think his campaign will be the biggest fizzer you can imagine. De Santis looks to be a lock for the Republican nomination though a lot can happen in the next year of course.

90% of Republicans went along for the ride while Trump was useful or because it was suicide to oppose him (i.e short term self interest in keeping their jobs). They needed enough momentum to break away and DeSantis and the midterms and Fox look to have finally provided it (long term self interest in actually winning the next election). I expect the only names that will stick by him after a month or two will be the absolute hard core nutjobs (Boebert etc). And as Fox cheers on De Santis, much of Trumps support amongst Rep voters will continue to leech away.

• What happens with the absolute hardcore "Trump or nobody" supporters and how many are there? It would only take a few % to decide not to vote to cripple the Republicans.
and the biggest of all
  • Would Trump be stupid enough to nominate as an Independent which would really cripple the Republicans?
I'll answer one of them; Cheney is finished in the Republican Party, and even the wishy washy DNC would draw the line at such an out and out hard right nutter.

Would Trump be stupid enough to nominate as an Independent which would really cripple the Republicans?

I can’t see him running as an independent. There is no chance he wins or even gets remotely close to winning. And he wouldn’t be able to claim electoral fraud for being 40 million votes behind, so his ego won’t allow him to lose unequivocally.

I can’t see him running as an independent. There is no chance he wins or even gets remotely close to winning. And he wouldn’t be able to claim electoral fraud for being 40 million votes behind, so his ego won’t allow him to lose unequivocally.

Oh he would still claim fraud. I mean it would be beyond stupid, but he’d still claim it.

and the biggest of all
This is the crux of the problem the GOP face. If they do not go with Trump, then Trump cries foul, says the “New World Order” has infiltrated the GOP and tells the deplorables not to vote.

The GOP cannot win without Trump.

They probably can’t win with Trump either.

They are farrrked

and the biggest of all
The answer is Donald trump will do what’s good for Donald trump, refuse to accept the inevitable and probably lie a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back