List Mgmt. Welcome to Geelong, Ollie Henry

Remove this Banner Ad

Ollie is going to put on size. He'll be a bigger unit that his brother.

He could be a leading FF given time.

Id like us to do something with his conversion... everything else will take care of itself. His talent will almost demand his selection sooner or later..

Hawkins injury make ist interest early in 2023... Do we go with Neale or Henry. as that extra forward player. Neither are perfect Hawk replacements.

Id like us to do something with his conversion... everything else will take care of itself. His talent will almost demand his selection sooner or later..

Hawkins injury make ist interest early in 2023... Do we go with Neale or Henry. as that extra forward player. Neither are perfect Hawk replacements.
I'd say Neale will get first crack because we like to have designated positional ruckman.

I'd say Neale will get first crack because we like to have designated positional ruckman.

Good point.

How they handle the ruck going forward will be key to a few players. Stanley and Ceglar ... Blitz ... Hawkins and Neale. How it worked with Stanley this year was clever and played a role in us winning the GF... is that advanatge sustainable? How long can Blitz be reliliant. What happens when the play Conway

To me Henry maybe one of the most talented forward we have brought in for sometime..yet he may have to show he cn play and do other roles for a little while. No Hawkins and no Selwood at the start of 2023. For a flag side..its quite disruptive and give opportunity for a few different names

Top 10 draft pick . Holds a club to ransom ,to go to another club. Unless he gets a premieship and wins the coleman/ brownlow .History shows the media/ punters wont be kind to him.
I think it's time you moved on..

Top 10 draft pick . Holds a club to ransom ,to go to another club. Unless he gets a premieship and wins the coleman/ brownlow .History shows the media/ punters wont be kind to him.

Well then I guess Jason Horne-Francis has a lot to live up to. Not sure why thats in a thread about Henry though...

But, but, but he may well not play forward.

Potentially, but he has shown a lot as a forward, that said if Jack and Ollie end up as similar players its a weapon to have guys who can rotate forward, defense, both forwards or both in defense.

You're looking lost - strongly recommend you don't make a return visit to this board

You've shown rare ability to get every point you mentioned wrong.

Kudos, that takes serious talent.

Mod Edit: poster was told to move on & would prefer they didn't return to sir further s**t...

I actually googled this, and the only player getting "s**t on" as a top 10 pick who has treated their club poorly is JHF. So maybe you could drop some names of players, who were top 10 picks, who fit your criteria.

Henry will get s**t on because he plays for Geelong. Thats what happens at successful clubs. First bad game he plays the Pies fans are going to troll, first good game he plays Pies fans are gonna bitch.

Happened with Dangerfield. He was a top 10 pick. Lots of media weren't kind to him either despite his brownlows. Why? Because he went to Geelong.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a good thing Tanner and Ollie being good mates, and now both get to play together hope both have good years

I had no idea, bodes well for both then.
Early word is both have slotted in beautifully at the club, although it's not like either of them were alien to the Cats, spending plenty of time over their junior years around the club.

I had no idea, bodes well for both then.
Early word is both have slotted in beautifully at the club, although it's not like either of them were alien to the Cats, spending plenty of time over their junior years around the club.
Another 2 from the " player factory" St. Joeys.

In the 2011 GF, there were 4 Joeys boys including both skippers
Bartel
Ling
Maxwell
Scarlett

Last edited:
Another 2 from the " player factory" St. Joey's.

In the 2011 GF, there were 4 Joeys' boys including both skippers
Bartel
Ling
Maxwell
Scarlett
Maxwell is the one who got away for me, could you imagine how good our reserves would have been with him as an emergency each week?

Yes and no.
I would still love it if the player subbed out auto misses the next game so it isn't completely abused.
It is not a pure medical sub anymore as that was being abused. It still allows a club to take a concussed or injured player off without losing a player, but there is no pressure on the medical staff to have to decide whether the player is unfit for the following game.
It also means that a team that uses its sub under this season's rules doesn't get the advantage of a fresh player, as now the opposition can use the fifth player as a sub at anytime.
It also means that the fifth player will likely get game time in the fourth quarter or earlier, instead of wasting the day as an unused sub on the bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back