List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
I quite like 'I hope your day is as pleasant as you are'

I'm dropping this during my next interaction with the general public.

I absolutely understand why speed is a requirement tactically and I love that our club has prioritised it in the draft (without seemingly neglecting the ability to contest).

But I did always respect the players like Sam Mitchell, Priddis, Robert Harvey, my dad talks a lot about Diesel Williams etc. The ones that overcame such a glaring lack of advantage in one area by being exceptional ball handlers/usually great at handpassing etc. The definition of footballers who are the polar opposite of athletes.

Do feel a bit nostalgic/sad that that sort of player is seemingly a relic of the past!

Perhaps it's cause I'm also slow as s**t so -

(ignoring the facts that I'm in my mid 20s, am mediocre at ammos level and have other glaring deficiencies as a player like a beer gut)

Now I really have to face that I'll never get drafted! :'(

Ah come on now, we have Zane Trew? 💣💥

Well Winder is being investigated with no charges laid as yet and wasn’t arrested. The West reporting no one was seriously hurt

That’s the extent of the good news for him

The not so good news
• Intoxicated/ under the influence of alcohol. Keep in mind he was in Victoria having been sent to represent the club at the indigenous players summit
• Whatever the details are, they’re sufficiently serious for the club to suspend him from training with the AFL squad
• Pulled from training would indicate he hadn’t advised the club of an issue
• He’s said to be the instigator
• Someone has made a complaint to Victoria police as it was at a private party so no way they’d know about it otherwise. Suggests whoever it was wants it pursued for whatever reason

Last year Shai Bolton was fined $20k for his involvement in a bar room fight where no charges were laid. There was no suspension from playing

He’s lucky the draft was last week otherwise he wouldn’t be on a list now.

Best case scenario for him is that there’s not much to it, he gets a fine for being stupid and he’s allowed back to training in the new year.

Pretty stupid of him

Violence and physical punch ups are never ever the way to go, but let’s hope this isn’t about racial vilification 😑

08EC9A28-204A-4779-B471-D6151BF2BDC7.jpeg

edit: oh it’s been posted a page back already.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't disagree.

I agreed with the principle of the Next Generation Academies, but they were set up to be abused with no proper oversight.

I've said it so many times, I'd be cool with the Northern academies being canned if the the AFL would attempt to level the playing field, but then I remember that the AFL was invented to save and protect the VFL. As long as the Melbourne is the home of AFL, I'll take every advantage my club can get in this tin pot league.
Yeah fair enough too

I don't know how JJ usually writes but he comes across as fairly inebriated himself in the Insta post. Being drunk can definitely give you a victim complex about others' behaviour that is completely reasonable. I won't judge until the investigation is over but reading between the lines it doesn't sound good for Winder at all.

If it turns out he's in the wrong here, I'd want rid of him. You've literally just been relisted, probably by the skin of your teeth. What on Earth are you doing getting into trouble mere days later? Others will feel that is too harsh no doubt (again, this is if he's found to have been in the wrong) which is fine, but I reckon there'd be at least a couple of decision makers who feel the same way.

Two sides to every story. Happy to let it play out before crucifying Winder.

A lack of judgement on his behalf to not be capable of realising that walking away is always the best option, particularly when you are in the type of industry he is.

Unfortunately for Isiah the club will be salivating to show how committed they are to improving culture by axing the last player on the list.

Two sides to every story. Happy to let it play out before crucifying Winder.

A lack of judgement on his behalf to not be capable of realising that walking away is always the best option, particularly when you are in the type of industry he is.

Unfortunately for Isiah the club will be salivating to show how committed they are to improving culture by axing the last player on the list.
Lack of judgement to be intoxicated if true. We can wait for facts though.

Barnett looks only 10cm taller than Ginbey..

Ginbey 188cm's...

Barnett wearing birkenstocks though...

"Hey google, what is the heel on a birkenstock..." 2.2cm apparently, ok cool...

Ginbey with the old white Nike's, better add 1cm for that..

What about Tunbridges tackle in 2017..

Hewett got nice calves...

Barnett 199cm. Confirmed, fold the club.

Calculate Figure It Out GIF
... apparently Ginbey is 190cm now...

Listening to Mark Duffield just now. Two main takeaways from what he said - believes that West Coast found about the incident before Winder advised them which he felt was equally significant as the incident itself and that it was out of character for Winder.

Listening to Mark Duffield just now. Two main takeaways from what he said - believes that West Coast found about the incident before Winder advised them which he felt was equally significant as the incident itself and that it was out of character for Winder.
Huge sense of deja vu...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back