List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does that mean? Has O'Brien retired? Is he now the list manager only?
My best guess would be O'Brien is the sole list manager and Massey purely focusing on recruiting.

I think that's a good result as having one bloke looking after both didn't thrill me personally, however after our successful haul I'm not sure what to think anymore...

An interesting article n the draft manoeuvring on day 1. Although no trades were done on the night prior to our first 2 picks, there was a bit to take in.

What I took away was:-

1. West Coast rated Ginbey in the top 4 so we managed Ginbey and got Hewett thrown in.
2. For those thinking we were narrow minded with Ginbey being our pick, Gold Coast, Sydney and Geelong were also interested in him with a pick prior to our 8.
3. Glad we took Hewett at 12. There would have been a load of buyers in the late teens and unlikely we could have got him at 20. Well done on just getting him - we let the slide of Hewett get out to the press so again, give the Pieman credit.
4. The first line of the sweet spot finished at our second pick at 12. The main clamouring up the board was for non mids after Hewett. Clubs thought we wanted double mids (although Busslinger was seen as an option). Well done on keeping cards close to our chest.
5. We did well to hold our nerve and let the draft come to us. The Hawks attempt to swap spots with us and pocket a second rounder were resisted. Well done team.
6. Barnett had multiple suitors Pies and Dees holding him high.

I think the train with sessions that the AFL Academy arrange are invaluable. The coaches would have got to see how dedicated Hewett was, his ability to learn, his ability to fit in and his ability to understand and take instruction. Can we please get Curtin, Edwards, Tholstrup and Hardman training with us over this summer?

What’s that, “credits in the bank” you say!

Does this schtick ever get old?
I’ve got no problem with a 27 yr old that unfortunately pretty much missed a season of footy saying his aim is to play the best footy he can this year.

If you’re not coming in peace Briztoon we can no longer be friends.

As being the dominators sponsor this coming year I will take no sh1t

Remember Dom is Good
triple h fighting GIF by WWE

Whats the intel on this bloke, any good?

I never personally understood why we dont get the best of the best with the money we have.......
Recruiting department spend still falls under the soft cap.

You can go over, but it’s a dollar for dollar tax back to the afl.

I’ve got no problem with a 27 yr old that unfortunately pretty much missed a season of footy saying his aim is to play the best footy he can this year.

If you’re not coming in peace Briztoon we can no longer be friends.

As being the dominators sponsor this coming year I will take no sh1t

Remember Dom is Good
triple h fighting GIF by WWE
On the bolded, you may have your wires crossed. I was referring to the section of video where the coach says everyone starts with a clean slate during preseason, and all spots are up for grabs.

I’m here for the laughs (and genuine draft/trade discussion I get with some of the nuffies here).

Every Lions supporter believes Dom (Ambrogio) is good.

What I took away from it was-

1. Sydney gave the Giants a chance to trade and avoid a play on their academy pick
2. GWS said go * a dog
3. Sydney gave them a 2nd chance to make a different trade to avoid the academy pick
4. GWS said go * a dog again
5. Sydney then went and ****ed GWS' dog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back