Indian Premier League 2023 March 31- May 28

Remove this Banner Ad

MI Impact Subs: Ramandeep Singh, Kumar Kartikeya, Vishnu Vinod, Nehal Wadhera, Sandeep Warrier.

LSG Impact Subs: Kyle Mayers, Daniel Sams, Yudhvir Singh, Swapnil Singh, Amit Mishra.

Teams:

Lucknow Super Giants
(Playing XI): Ayush Badoni, Deepak Hooda, Prerak Mankad, Marcus Stoinis, Nicholas Pooran(w), Krunal Pandya(c), Krishnappa Gowtham, Ravi Bishnoi, Naveen-ul-Haq, Yash Thakur, Mohsin Khan

Mumbai Indians (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Ishan Kishan(w), Cameron Green, Suryakumar Yadav, Tim David, Nehal Wadhera, Chris Jordan, Hrithik Shokeen, Piyush Chawla, Jason Behrendorff, Akash Madhwal

Mumbai opt to bat first.

Prime time viewing for WA Fans . Green/David/Dorff v Stoinis.

Naveen with the Memphis Depay celebration.

Why-Do-Footballers-Put-Their-Fingers-In-Their-Ears.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where was QdK last night? Without KL there due to injury, surely QdK is a definite pick at the top.
Their XI looks very lacklustre on paper
They played Mayers over De Kock.

Hayden did mention he was a bit unsure whether Mayers should have got a game ahead of De Kock. Said something along the lines of De Kock is more likely to be a matchwinner than Mayers, who had a fairly reasonable tournament himself.

They played Mayers over De Kock.

Hayden did mention he was a bit unsure whether Mayers should have got a game ahead of De Kock. Said something along the lines of De Kock is more likely to be a matchwinner than Mayers, who had a fairly reasonable tournament himself.
Mayers only got a chance at the top of the order because QdK has to play for rsa at the start of the season. And since then it has been either QdK or Mayers, which became a bigger issue now since KL is injured. They could have pushed down Mayers or KL to 3 to accommodate QdK, and there is no need for Pooran in the squad anyway with either KL or QdK being able to keep.This leave QdK, Mayers, Stionis and one bowler as your 4 internationals.

I also don't think Mankad was the best choice for opener here. If they were to pick either Mayers or QdK for that opening role, I would have gone with either Stionis or Ayush Badoni to open the batting

Where was QdK last night? Without KL there due to injury, surely QdK is a definite pick at the top.
Their XI looks very lacklustre on paper

Played Mayers as he's better against spin. I get the reasoning, and to be fair to Mayers he did bat well. It's one or the other not both.

Im pretty sure I heard in the tournament Mayers had a shocking record against spin. Chennai’s home ground of all grounds accommodates Spin best.

Only repeating what their captain said that’s all don’t rate Mayers at all

A local pub side run better between the wickets than what Lucknow have tonight.

Thats 3 run outs now.

its not the IPL without

1) flat pitches
2) crap bowling from the local indian bowlers
3) calamitous running between wickets
4) easy catches routinely dropped
5) generally poor fielding aside from the internationals

its not the IPL without

1) flat pitches
2) crap bowling from the local indian bowlers
3) calamitous running between wickets
4) easy catches routinely dropped
5) generally poor fielding aside from the internationals
Ill add another one, generally alot of extra more extras in 'clutch situations' eg no balls and wides.

Speaking of Mayers in IPL2023, some interesting stats. It indicates to me that he is very much a hit or miss kind of player. Eg goes for boundaries or dots/wickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back