Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And apparently they didn't even taste that good, but the greedy Dutch just couldn't stop eating them.

Man I hate the Dutch.
the-dutch-amsterdam.gif

Galapagos tortoises on the other hand - delicious. Took 100 years to get one back to England in one piece because they kept getting eaten along the way.

And the soup you can make from the shell:

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

Fyfe extends for 2 years

Has played the same number of games as Shuey (41) since the beginning of 2020 and just one more than McGovern who is a year younger than Fyfe

Wonder if Freo will get the same backlash for signing an injury prone veteran for 2 years as we will/have for signing Gov?

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Fyfe extends for 2 years

Has played the same number of games as Shuey (41) since the beginning of 2020 and just one more than McGovern who is a year younger than Fyfe

Wonder if Freo will get the same backlash for signing an injury prone veteran for 2 years as we will/have for signing Gov?

You can do it when your core is ‘young’ (Brayshaw, Serong, Jackson, Young, Amiss etc).

Even if you are just in your prime - hence David King suggesting Port should chase Nic Nat for 2024 (lol).

Just not when you are well past your best and on a 2 year death spiral.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Fyfe extends for 2 years

Typical Freo - they hold onto their vets for ever. Both Pav and Sandi went at least a year too long. Mundy surprised me as he actually performed. Fyfe's injury history is a concern though, I feel this is their Nic Nat moment.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
It's sounding more and more like the complainants are dysfunctional and someone got in their ear about how they could kick up a stink and make some cash. I hope they either piss off or go the civil litigation route so they have to put their names and stories forward for judgement.
If you're going to engage in some diversity, equity and inclusion marketing like Collingwood did then least get someone who's competent in media relations and happy to point the finger at structural problems.

Instead Hawthorn engaged with a grifter, whose report made specific allegations against individuals.

Collingwood continued to successfully scapegoat Lumumba because the strength of the do better report, it helped soften their image and exposed Lumumba as a toxic outsider, which he always was.

Hawthorn sent a hammer to look for nails and the process has damaged lives.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back