Preview AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion - Team # 236

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicco_jj

Bigfooty Kid
Apr 27, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
I haven't even watched the full game vs Port yet - only the first half.

So, merely on what i saw I'd prob drop only a couple of blokes to make way for more fresh players:

Out - Young, Sinclair, Jolly
IN - Elliot (heard he was good in VFL??), N.Brown, Wood

Sub: Elliot

Now, I have put Jolly as an 'out' only because I doubt we are going to win in the ruck anyways. This could be a really stupid idea, but Ryder smashed Kreuzer, who smashed Jolly.
Cam Mooney said on 360 this week that at his age, if he played 2 games in 4 days, that he would physically suffer for weeks.
I say we play Wood and Dawes in the ruck. Dawes/wood/jolly all would be beaten anyways, so I say we just go with 1 primary ruckman and then have dawes backing up and just being a presence.

Dawes wasn't too bad when he sneaked in to the backline a couple of times today, as a side note.

Young, I didn't really notice him much, but I think we should keep Buckley in, and bring nathan Brown in.

I wasn't a fan of sinclair today, but i know he did some good things at times. I also don't think he has the durability yet to get up for ANZAC day. I beleieve Elliot could do as well as Sinclair did today. And if not, then oh well - its worth a shot! He's wearing the #35 for a reason!

Yep.

Ok, now, time for you all to disagree with me and poke holes in my master plan! :p

Re: Changes for ANZAC Day

I stopped reading after that.:p

I'll wait for the full VFL report before making any judgements about outs or ins.

One certain out though; SIMON BUCKLEY.:cool:

Bianconerri

Team Captain
Nov 7, 2010
Niddrie
AFL Club
Collingwood

So, merely on what i saw I'd prob drop only a couple of blokes to make way for more fresh players:

Out - Young, Sinclair, Jolly
IN - Elliot (heard he was good in VFL??), N.Brown, Wood

Now, I have put Jolly as an 'out' only because I doubt we are going to win in the ruck anyways. This could be a really stupid idea, but Ryder smashed Kreuzer, who smashed Jolly.
Cam Mooney said on 360 this week that at his age, if he played 2 games in 4 days, that he would physically suffer for weeks.
I say we play Wood and Dawes in the ruck. Dawes/wood/jolly all would be beaten anyways, so I say we just go with 1 primary ruckman and then have dawes backing up and just being a presence.

Dawes wasn't too bad when he sneaked in to the backline a couple of times today, as a side note.

Young, I didn't really notice him much, but I think we should keep Buckley in, and bring nathan Brown in.

I wasn't a fan of sinclair today, but i know he did some good things at times. I also don't think he has the durability yet to get up for ANZAC day. I beleieve Elliot could do as well as Sinclair did today. And if not, then oh well - its worth a shot! He's wearing the #35 for a reason!

Yep.

Ok, now, time for you all to disagree with me and poke holes in my master plan! :p

In didak

Nicco_jj

Bigfooty Kid
Apr 27, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars

I stopped reading after that.:p

I'll wait for the full VFL report before making any judgements about outs or ins.

One certain out though; SIMON BUCKLEY.:cool:

Yer, fair enough. This is more to get the ball rolling.

However, if you had have read on, you may have noticed that i didn't make an irrational statement like some do - for example:

"I didn't watch the game at all but i think our pressure is crap and we just need to drop Swan and Cloke, they are liabilities!..."

:rolleyes::p:)

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U

I hope Elliott can stay injury free.

He looks like he could be a very handy player for us.

Can't believe everyones bagging Buckleys game. I always get stuck into him however today wasn't a bad day for him. At least he can kick the bloody ball unlike someone else who everyone is in love with on here.

Possible Outs: Young, Sinclair(Doubt he'll come out, little coaches pet >_>), Jolly
Possible Ins: Elliot, Didak (Both good in VFL) - Nate Brown may need one more week & Possibly Wood if Jolly comes out

In didak, and brown
Out Buckley (soft and dumb) and Seedsmen (harsh but the fact he's constantly sub might be in regard to his tank)

No chance id drop jolly, we were all worried jolly would be beaten Anzac day last year and he ended up being the dominant ruckman on the ground.

Mar 12, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, PHX Suns, Mariners

Apparently both Brown and Didak played full games in the VFL today, I think that rules both of them out of ANZAC Day... let them have another week in the VFL and then play vs Bulldogs.

Ugle was the emergency held over, wouldn't be surprised if he comes in for Sinclair, who was ok but lacks finishing skills and it might be tough for a kid to back up in 4 days.

Ceglar didn't play VFL, hopefully he's fit and could come in for Paine and support Jolly who could be tired. Dawes would play permanent forward and not sure that Paine could back up after 4 days.

They are the 2 most likely changes IMO.

Swooop

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood

Did Bucks say in the prematch interview today that Brown was a couple of weeks away or did I mishear that?

Didak might be the sub I reckon, he was awesome today - certainly in the first qtr 14 possessions, quiet in second and apparently ran the game out pretty well.

Doubt he'd be fit enough for full game, but having said that, subs really need to be fir for 4qtrs in case there's an early injury.

Jolly won't be dropped, no way. Wood v Ryder, lol.

Maybe there won't be many changes actually - apart from possibly Didak, probably no-one ready to come back, unless there's any foxing with Shaw or Thomas.

You'd also back Seedsman to get a full game.

Swooop

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood

Not sure if any Bombers guys know their likely ins and outs.

Hurley out with a hammy? Any ins likely?

Dempsey must have been close today, but didn't play, so he'll very possibly be an in.

bucksisbest

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2002
Club Silencio
AFL Club
Collingwood
Re: AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion

You cannot play Young and Sinclair again, Young is too slow and a bad decision maker.

Sinclair continually costs us. Terrible footskills.

Ugle, please.

Ceglar might have to play as a ruck. Jolly was actually decent today, but you cannot play him twice in that space of time at his age.

Didak would be close, but a full VFL game after a long lay off will be hard for him.

MARC_

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

Not sure if any Bombers guys know their likely ins and outs.

Hurley out with a hammy? Any ins likely?

Dempsey must have been close today, but didn't play, so he'll very possibly be an in.

Hird said 6 changes are likely for the game.

Colyer, Riemers, Carlisle, Slattey, NLM and Demsey are likely ins.

Hurley is a certain out according to Hirdy though.

rose jam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

time at his age.

Didak would be close, but a full VFL game after a long lay off will be hard for him.

Not if he plays permanent forward.

Basically this game is fittest team wins, basically whoever has the best base fitenss and recovers better. Our base fitness is rubbish, so let's hope we can recover OK.

carnthepies19

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood

I'm hoping that we bring in some speed, because if we can run away from them that will create more opportunities for our forwards.

I think Jolly should be rested. At his age, a four day turnaround won't be the best in keeping him fresh for the rest of the year. I haven't had a good look at the VFL stats or anything, but I'd bring in Wood or Ceglar. Also considering Jolly can't get off the ground and Ryder has improved greatly since the last time we played them, Jolly would just be a step for Ryder. At least Wood or Ceglar can jump and will have a bit of an advantage because they are 8 cm taller. Witts would be even better, but I doubt he's ready.

Sinclair is really needed for this match. His disposal can be a let down, but he puts on a lot of pressure and is hungry for the ball. Buckley is too, he can pound the ball far up the ground so we can get it as far away from the Essendon 50 as possible.

This out jolly stuff is insane, especially for Ceglar and the like. How about lets drop cloke and play gault?

This out jolly stuff is insane, especially for Ceglar and the like. How about lets drop cloke and play gault?
Yep, if Jolly doesn't play, WE CAN'T WIN.

Anyone saying that he'll take too long to recover after this match is talking crap, we have a 9 day break after ANZAC day, that's plenty of time for the big fella to recover.

We have to roll the dice against Essendon, anyone who is fit and is in our best 22 plays, so Didak, Jolly, Johnson etc all play.

Pretty easy selection for me;

In: Didak, Ceglar, Rounds (if fit, if not play Ugle)
Out: Buckley, Young, Paine

Play Ceglar as the 3rd tall forward and the second ruck, he could not do any worse in the ruck then Dawes or Wood have done lately, and it also allows Dawes to concentrate on being what he is, a forward.

Rounds needs to come in, we need his hard edge IMO, and Didak just has to play.

Buckley should never be sighted again in the seniors hopefully, Young needs more time, as does Paine.

Mar 12, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, PHX Suns, Mariners
Just flicked through the VFL game, Brown was taken off during the 3rd qtr and stayed off... I'd say he is almost certain to come in.

Rounds injured his calf, Elliot and Didak impressed but both played full games so I can't see either being hurried into the AFL team.

Brown for Buckley/Young
Ugle for Sinclair
Ceglar for Paine

Yep, if Jolly doesn't play, WE CAN'T WIN.

Anyone saying that he'll take too long to recover after this match is talking crap, we have a 9 day break after ANZAC day, that's plenty of time for the big fella to recover.

We have to roll the dice against Essendon, anyone who is fit and is in our best 22 plays, so Didak, Jolly, Johnson etc all play.

Pretty easy selection for me;

In: Didak, Ceglar, Rounds (if fit, if not play Ugle)
Out: Buckley, Young, Paine

Play Ceglar as the 3rd tall forward and the second ruck, he could not do any worse in the ruck then Dawes or Wood have done lately, and it also allows Dawes to concentrate on being what he is, a forward.

Rounds needs to come in, we need his hard edge IMO, and Didak just has to play.

Buckley should never be sighted again in the seniors hopefully, Young needs more time, as does Paine.

No UGLE:eek: He been great at VFL so why not?

Chris_2593

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
ATP

IN: Brown, Didak, Ceglar
OUT: Buckley, Young, Paine

Stll dont think Sinclair will not get droped. Brown must play! And we need either Wood or Ceglar to come in.

Hird said 6 changes are likely for the game.

Colyer, Riemers, Carlisle, Slattey, NLM and Demsey are likely ins.

Hurley is a certain out according to Hirdy though.
He said up to 6 changes

Would guess Colyer, Carlisle and Dempsey will be the ins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back