Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's wednesday, time to move on.

The historic first game in Hobart and the historic first game vs the latest franchise. Spewing I can't make it. Someone grab me a footy record of the match.;)

Interested to see how "Big Izzie" handles the niggle from Thommo.

Will this match feature the emergence of Tom Scully in orange? I don't think so.

Out: Tarrant (injured)

In: Milky (well deserved)

Expected weather: Min 11 Max 18 A few showers.

Partly cloudy. Scattered showers. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h turning westerly during the day.

It looks as though that 23 goal drubbing is not going to eventuate.

Worst part about early games against the new clubs is noones been beaten by them yet, and you may walk away with that honour.

Have every faith our (more) mature list will win out on the day however, will be a brilliant ground, brilliant atmosphere, and brilliant game.

The boys really need to step it up for this one. I want to see a winning margin of 10 goals at least. I want us to make a statement in front of our new members, and I want Bellrieve to become a ground where we always have a home ground advantage.

I don't want to see:

• Goldy playing as a KD
  • Predictable kick in's
  • Missing easy set shots

• Banned
[YOUTUBE]9hB95LcRmiA[/YOUTUBE]

• Banned
[cringe]"product"[/cringe]

It's wednesday, time to move on.

The historic first game in Hobart and the historic first game vs the latest franchise. Spewing I can't make it. Someone grab me a footy record of the match.;)

Interested to see how "Big Izzie" handles the niggle from Thommo.

Will this match feature the emergence of Tom Scully in orange? I don't think so.

Out: Tarrant (injured)

In: Milky (well deserved)

Expected weather: Min 11 Max 18 A few showers.

Partly cloudy. Scattered showers. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h turning westerly during the day.

It looks as though that 23 goal drubbing is not going to eventuate.

BoM also predicting Blimps overhead during the early stages of the game :)
Sounds like perfect footy weather for tassie and I expect we will win by over 100 points giving us the % required to bump Essendon for 8th spot after round 20 :thumbsu:

Win the stoppages and clearances (especially in the first half when GWS will have the energy to compete hardest)

If the Rucks dont dominate this week then God help them against Geelong.

I honestly want to see a massacre.
If we win by less than 15 goal wed have not played well.
Remember we need to take form into the Geelong game.

This is the key imo. Both rucks will play to get game time into them, if a Hansen or Grima are fit they may get a gig. If someone whos had a good preseason pulled up a bit sore, perhaps a good chance to rest them.

Geelong will have Hawthorn, without Scarlett so they may play us without a win on the board. But could be 2 very gruelling games in a row.

The season is a marathon not a sprint, despite being very early in the year we should still look to manage our squad for the season. Its about winning well and being best placed to tackle Geelong/ Swans.

I'm heading down to this with the family - will be my 1yo son's first full game (assuming he lasts the distance). Expecting a big win. Surely Pedo would be a straight swap for Tarrant, with Grima to come back if fit. Not sure if Hansen will play in the twos or ones if fit.

Confident we'll win by at least ten goals. Hoping Edwards kicks a bag on the Chad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to win.

Beyond that if/when we get a strangle hold on the game I want us to use every moment to execute our game plan to as much precision as we can.

They need to be able to look at this game and say we got the running patterns,spread, link up handball, turn overs right.

This is a golden opportunity against a team that will be fielding a lot of new kids.

If/when we get on top the score line becomes somewhat irrelevant to me. I would prefer to beat them by a comfortable margin and execute our game plan our way perfectly, rather than smash them by being flat track bullies.

There will be those that will want this to boost %, I would prefer to get what is going to win us games right.

Also we should be able to run this game out completely. if the last quarter goes for 40 mins I want us to be attacking for the entire 40 mins.

The key stat for me in this game is contested ball and clearances won.

If GWS beat us (or even come close) in this area of the game then I will be very disappointed regardless of the margin......

ps: North to win by 50 or so. Might take a while to adjust to ground/wind/conditions to have a massacre - but fingers crossed the boys manage it!

Here's their team from Round 1.

B: Tomas Bugg, Phil Davis, Adam Kennedy
HB: Jack Hombsch, Tim Mohr, Will Hoskin-Elliot
C: Rhys Palmer, Callan Ward, Chad Cornes
HF: Nathan Wilson, Israel Folau, Stephen Coniglio
F: Curtly Hampton, Jeremy Cameron, Devon Smith
Foll: Jonathan Giles, Dylan Shiel, James McDonald
I/C: Jacob Townsend, Toby Greene, Adam Tomlinson, Dom Tyson

Emg: Steve Clifton, Sam Reid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad