AFL Club
Hawthorn
B: Benjamin Stratton, Josh Gibson, Brent Guerra
HB: Grant Birchall, Ryan Schoenmakers, Matt Suckling
C: Liam Shiels, Sam Mitchell, Shane Savage
HF: Shaun Burgoyne, Lance Franklin, Michael Osborne
F: Cyril Rioli, Jarryd Roughead, Luke Breust
Foll: David Hale, Brad Sewell, Jordan Lewis
I/C: Luke Hodge, Clinton Young, Brendan Whitecross, Kyle Cheney, Paul Puopolo, Cameron Bruce, Broc McCauley

In: Grant Birchall, Luke Hodge, Luke Breust, Paul Puopolo, Broc McCauley
Out: Jack Gunston, Bradley Hill

Sydney Swans

B: Martin Mattner, Heath Grundy, Alex Johnson
HB: Jarrad McVeigh, Ted Richards, Rhyce Shaw
C: Kieren Jack, Jude Bolton, Lewis Jetta
HF: Nick Malceski, Adam Goodes, Andrejs Everitt
F: Craig Bird, Sam Reid, Ben McGlynn
Foll: Mark Seaby, Josh P. Kennedy, Ryan O'Keefe
I/C: Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Jesse White, Nicholas Smith, Daniel Hannebery, Luke Parker, Tony Armstrong, Tommy Walsh

In: Adam Goodes, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Nicholas Smith, Tommy Walsh
Out: Gary Rohan (Broken Leg)
New: Tommy Walsh (St Kilda)

Re: Hawthorn vs Sydney Round 5

Pretty positive for Hawthorn...

Hodge, Broc, Puopolo, Breust, Birch all ticked to come back in... only leaves out Gilham and Smith.

Mumford not getting up does us a lot of favours, I am interested to see if they elect to make Lewis go a run-with role with Kennedy, like he did with Judd (who he destroyed).

Love the ins (providing this list isn't a work of fiction) . I agree with outs too - both ooze talent but just aren't "Hawthorn ready" yet. :thumbsu:

Great ins.

Hope we don't play Hale and McCauley again. Hale is on very thin ice for mine and would prefer Rough to play the Hale role and McCauley to first ruck.

Not that I hate him, but I am glad Gunston has been dropped. His last two games were poor.

Of the in's this is who I want to see first in ranking order:

Hodge
Birchall
Puopolo
Breust
McCauley

I wonder if Hodge will play, he trained a full session first time this week, otherwise he has just been kicking the ball before this week. Will it be enough? Will wait and see.

McCauley, Young and either Cheney or Bruce Emergencies.

I personally hope that we use roughead and franklin properly........

They have to be power forwards both of them, up forward taking marks and kicking goals........

Cloke and Dawes ring any bells????????

Hopefully Hodge and Birchall will actually play. The fact that Hodge was named on the bench doesn't fill me with confidence.

Cheney deserves another game ahead of both Young and Bruce. It's tempting to play Big Mac so Roughie can play fwd for more of the game to help the fwd structures but its unlikely we will go in that tall.

We need Pops to play on Jetta (who has been in good form). If Bruce plays he must be defensive fwd surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Birchall and Breust are named in the starting 18, so you would think that they would play, Hodge however probably won't seeing as he is on the bench. Final teams could be like this.

IN: Birchall Breust Puopolo
OUT: Gunston Hill Bruce

They maybe seeing how Hodgey pulls up in the morning. I guess he trained today, got thru and its a wait and see. If he didn't get thru training he would have not been named.

Still a chance I reckon.

I agree with the outs of Gunston and Hill - both will get their chance again. Reckon we'll be waiting another week for Hodgey by the look of it...

Great ins.

Hope we don't play Hale and McCauley again. Hale is on very thin ice for mine and would prefer Rough to play the Hale role and McCauley to first ruck.

I agree, think it would be a much more effective set-up, Hale has been ordinary.

I personally hope that we use roughead and franklin properly........

They have to be power forwards both of them, up forward taking marks and kicking goals........

Cloke and Dawes ring any bells????????

Dawes shouldn't be in any conversation with those other 3, he's been near on useless for 18 months.

Gunston is a little unlucky - has he been sub 3 times before WC? Nice ins

Not unlucky for mine. Didn't show much at all against West coast having been sub probably needs to go back and have a good run at it.

Looks Promising, but not yet

Great in, especially Hodge and Puoplo considering Sydney are a hard contested sort of team.

I think they are playing ducks and drakes with the swans :)

Official forecast now says 'Mostly Sunny'..... hope they are right.

Hodge a chance for sub?

Would be a prefect fit. Needs some game time and 1-2 quarters in the ones is better option than any other sub we could muster.

Waste of time in the twos and could be the ideal lift for a team in the 2nd half at the back end of a unbelievably tough month to inject the team captain who is jumping out of his skin to get stuck into it.

Hodge a chance for sub?

Would be a prefect fit. Needs some game time and 1-2 quarters in the ones is better option than any other sub we could muster.

Waste of time in the twos and could be the ideal lift for a team in the 2nd half at the back end of a unbelievably tough month to inject the team captain who is jumping out of his skin to get stuck into it.

Yeah, I reckon that's a possibility.

Hodge a chance for sub?

I like that idea, having the captain come out to play at 3qtr :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back