Preview AFL Rd 7 - Collingwood v Brisbane - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Changes vs Lions RD 7

I can tell you now TradeDraft that you are already wrong.
Buckley will not be getting dropped lol, 7 clangers is a lot but 30 touches and 7 inside 50's more than makes up for it, he played a freaking great game apart from a couple of mistakes. Also, Johnson is not on your Outs.

if I was coach I would do this:

IN: Thomas, Didak (if fit)

OUT: Johnson, Ugle

Wood can play again, Jolly doesn't need to travel the week before the Cats.
If Thomas isn't fit then Young will come in, Didak will most likely be sub, if not then Sinclair, they will swap in the 3rd quarter.

To be honest, I think this is a danger game for us. I know the Lions haven't been in good form, but neither have we. Additionally, playing at the GABBA only makes it more tough for us and they tend to play well against us up there. For some reason, all teams rise up against us.

To be honest, I think this is a danger game for us. I know the Lions haven't been in good form, but neither have we. Additionally, playing at the GABBA only makes it more tough for us and they tend to play well against us up there. For some reason, all teams rise up against us.

Also we have Struggled up there in the Past

In: Jolly D Thomas Didak

Out: Wood Buckley Ugle

Why would you drop Buckley? Was one of the best against the Doggies. Think there are other players that would be looked at before Bucks. Main concern is Harry playing one on one down back just seems to struggle to beat an opponent.

Changes for the Brisbane game -

In - Didak, Blair
Out - Ugle, Johnson (inj)

Jolly will get another week off, same with Thomas. Don't think Thomas's form really warrants automatic selection back into the side. Could be given a run in the VFL.

Why does everyone have Ugle out? He should've been subbed on way earlier last night.

IN: Didak (if fit, if not, Paine), D.Thomas (if not fit then Seedsman)

OUT: Johnson, Fasolo (both inj)

I agree with not risking Jolly. The Geelong match will put one side ahead of the other points wise, so it really is a must win for us. We shouldn't risk Jolly, they've only got Longer and Hudson. Even today Black went up against Bellchambers inthe centre bounce! If Wood can't perform against them, I'd say his opportunity would be as good as gone.

It would possibly be beneficial to also not risk Thomas. Depending on who our opponent in the VFL is next week, I'd consider keeping him in Melbourne with Jolly to play VFL. If we are playing a challenging side, it would be better for them to play a full game against good opposition rather than against Brisbane.

Also a change of tactics, slightly, instead of using te key back who rotates forward, as an option, use them as a defensive forward. It probably won't be veryuseful against Lions, as they don't have anyone who really stars at rebounding. Though against Geelong, this could be a good idea, or even moving Harry O there, he does know his way around goals, so it could boost his confidence.

Overall I think this game will be easy for us, and a good confidence booster ahead of the Geelong match!

if they are all fit id go

in: Jolly, Didak, Thomas, Blair
out: Wood, Fasolo, Ugle, Johnson (inj)

Buckley goes for johnson whenever he is ready

Like the look of ugle but would take sinclair over him at this stage, keep him in if either of thomas or blair don't come in.

Fasolo just doesn't do enough, also seems to get in the way of the big guys alot instead of staying at their feet and crumbing. Can kick the odd miracle goal, but didak can do that better, can't think of anything else that fasolo can provide that isn't already covered. He can keep the spot warm until dids is ready if that's not this week. Edit: Some people are saying he's injured, not sure what he did but I'd have him in the outs either way. If he is injured and Didak isn't ready then bring in Paine or just keep ugle in the side.

Why does everyone have Ugle out? He should've been subbed on way earlier last night.

Because he was a Sub and Plays Dids position and Sinclair had a Good Game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see Ugle kick a goal to just get a spur on, a handball over the top will do. He just needs a little break through, so he can start to shine.
Didn't do a lot last night when he was on, but he did show that he can roost it a mile.

He could be very damaging for us once he gets a bit of a sniff.

In: Didak, Thomas, Jolly
Out: Johnson, Fasolo, Wood

If Fasolo is not injured (as he appeared to be) then I would probably drop Ugle instead.

Wood is stiff, he was good in the ruck and we got smashed when Dawes gave him a chop out in the third.

In: Thomas, Paine
Out: Johnson (inj), Fasolo (inj)

We need a 3rd marking tall, and Paine gives us that option.

Leave Jolly out until the Cats game, because after the Lions game we have a 6 day turn around, and realistically it's a 5 day turnaround by the time we get home (Sunday Morning).

Didak won't play by all reports, he needs at least one more run in the VFL, if not 2-3 more, he is simply not ready.

s**t how could I forget Blair

IN: Blair, Thomas (lol at whoever said he should have a run in the VFL)
OUT: Johnson, Ugle (if Fas is fit)

In: Thomas, Paine
Out: Johnson (inj), Fasolo (inj)

We need a 3rd marking tall, and Paine gives us that option.

Leave Jolly out until the Cats game, because after the Lions game we have a 6 day turn around, and realistically it's a 5 day turnaround by the time we get home (Sunday Morning).

Didak won't play by all reports, he needs at least one more run in the VFL, if not 2-3 more, he is simply not ready.

I did not know Fasolo was injured. Paine would be a great choice to come in for him

INs: Daisy, Blair
OUTs: Johnson & Fasolo (both injured)

See Mattys post. Jolly should be rested. He doesn't need a 6 day break for Cats games. Dids needs more miles in the legs to ensure he comes back cherry ripe.

Keefe to play forward.

We're not going well enough to be looking ahead to Geelong. We need to pick our best possible side to play Brisbane. If Jolly is fit then straight in.

s**t how could I forget Blair

IN: Blair, Thomas (lol at whoever said he should have a run in the VFL)
OUT: Johnson, Ugle (if Fas is fit)

Haha, yeah I forgot Blair too.

So, with that in mind;

In: Blair, Thomas, Paine
Out: Ugle, Johnson (inj), Fasolo (inj)

I still think we should rest Jolly again this week, Brisbane only have Hudson as their ruckman, and he was slaughtered by Bellchambers last night, so even Wood should be able to be competitive against him.

Keeffe as the third tall forward. Paine is probably not ready for AFL till his disposal is more polished.
Out: Johnson, Fasolo (inj)
In: Blair, Thomas
If people want Ugle out then Paine is probably an obvious replacement, but maybe Ugle deserves another week. O'Brien needs to sort his game out or he should lose his spot. Teams may try each week to isolate and expose him. Of course there needs to be a ready made replacement.

We're not going well enough to be looking ahead to Geelong. We need to pick our best possible side to play Brisbane. If Jolly is fit then straight in.

Totally agree. We need the the best team on the park to beat Brissy at home. Jols must play imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back