Preview Round 10: The Sydney Swans vs. The Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These gameday threads should be started by Swans fans not GWS members that are too busy at Skoda watching GWS and not us! And also a little effort should be put into them. All the other clubs have great previews.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Something i noticed this week (and previous weeks) is our complete lack of forward pressure. The ball seems to go into our forward 50 and 10 second later it is being rebounded out of the forward 50. There is no excuse for this as a person does not need to be a great player to lay tackles, they just need to work hard and the lack of tackles inside our forward 50 indicates to me that our forwards are not working hard enough.

Don't like ragging on the coach but he's been destroyed.
TDL as sub is bullshit... so this week he either starts or doesn't play.

Walsh out you'd imagine, white perhaps in.

Everyone has been poor minus perhaps Jack, perhaps Hanneberry and Pyke wasn't dreadful.
Wait for it on the website on Monday for Mcveigh or Bolton or one of the so called leaders to trot out the standard lines.

We didnt play Swans footy.
We didnt come to play.
We are embarrassed.
We were terrible at the contest.

Well have a guess what ? Us Melbourne based supporters are f***ing sick of you coming to Melbourne and f***ing dogging it.Have to Walk out the ground with your heart f***ing ripped out again.6 times a f***ing year we see you and you keep destroying our soul.Thats ok though,back to the SCG next week to the rose coloured glasses and you will be the toast of the town.

F***ing Cowards.

I really dont think its a personal issue I cant see many changes but geez we need a change in effort, 4 quarters of it and our leaders really need to stand up.

I really dont think its a personal issue I cant see many changes but geez we need a change in effort, 4 quarters of it and our leaders really need to stand up.

The problem is that it is very very rare for the Swans to put in 4 quarter efforts. Its like the team couldn't be bothered.

People accused Melbourne last year of being very inconsistant but the Swans are the same way. When we are on form we are capable of beating anyone but on the same note when we are not bothering to try (which the Swans do a lot) we are smashed against sides we should beat).

A goal kicker by the name of Mitch Morton could be a solution. Maybe someone who likes a hard ball get, maybe rush a Tom Mitchell? Who knows, we could even use a guy that can lock the ball in the 50 like Jarrod 'bulldog' Moore? The irony is...the only person worth giving a vote to tonight was the guy that had been so dramatically out of form...Ben McGlynn. I will say this and I'm a massive fan but the game appears to have passed by LRT!

In: Armstrong, Seaby/Mumford, Morton
Out: Johnson (Shoulder?), LRT, Walsh

Armstrong in to try create more run off half-back so Mattner to 3rd tall. Tempted to give Walsh another game to prove himself but completely ineffective tonight. Morton has a bit more speed and goal smarts, maybe if he works hard he can help the forward line pressure. LRT was good last week but again offered very little against a decent team - Pyke beat him in every stat, suggesting he can offer almost as much around the ground + much better tap work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Johnson is out leave LRT in the side and simply move him to the backline where he belongs as LRT is a very good defender.

This.

Need to limp over the line on this one then a bye and we get Goodes back. 7-3 will do.

We have enough talls at the back though. Bulldogs aren't very tall up forward either and their danger is small forwards - LRT is not as good against smalls as Johnson. Could be like against Richmond, in the end we didn't even need Grundy down back because of all their smalls so he went forward. They only have Liam Jones and Jordan Roughhead. I'm more concerned by the lack of drive off half back since Shaw has become a tagger and Mattner is not doing it as much. Mal is ok most weeks but needs help.

I'd rather Mummy play this week if fit to get some match fitness up before the game against the Bombers, Pyke the omission.

Malceski won't be dropped Danair.

Bird has been down for a while now, maybe a reserves stint will do him the world of good, as will AJ.

Wait for it on the website on Monday for Mcveigh or Bolton or one of the so called leaders to trot out the standard lines.

We didnt come to play.
We are embarrassed.

Well have a guess what ? Us Melbourne based supporters are f***ing sick of you coming to Melbourne and f***ing dogging it.Have to Walk out the ground with your heart f***ing ripped out again.6 times a f***ing year we see you and you keep destroying our soul.Thats ok though,back to the SCG next week to the rose coloured glasses and you will be the toast of the town.

F***ing Cowards.

Couldnt have said it better, im f**king sick of it as well! They do dog it when they come to Melbourne and its a disgrace! I cant believe I waist my money year after year buying a vic Membership!

Out: Longmire, Grundy.

Ins: I'll figure out later.

Just kidding though.

Grundy was actually ok today, made some decent intercepts, but still didn't offer enough when Richards was blocked off the ball and didn't follow up and cover for him.

I know this might be a strange thought for a Swans team but pick the best ball users for a change so we don't kick poorly to players, cough up turnovers etc...

Definetly time for Morton to get a run, decent skills and dangerous near goal....nothing to lose even if he has a crap game, it wouldn't be too much worse then some others today.
Maybe Armstrong needs to come in aswell for some run out of defence and for some much needed foot-skills.
Mummy is a given if fit enough.

Definetly time for Morton to get a run, decent skills and dangerous near goal....nothing to lose even if he has a crap game, it wouldn't be too much worse then some others today.
Maybe Armstrong needs to come in aswell for some run out of defence and for some much needed foot-skills.
Mummy is a given if fit enough.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Morton so much Morton.

In: Armstrong, Seaby/Mumford, Morton
Out: Johnson (Shoulder?), LRT, Walsh

Armstrong in to try create more run off half-back so Mattner to 3rd tall. Tempted to give Walsh another game to prove himself but completely ineffective tonight. Morton has a bit more speed and goal smarts, maybe if he works hard he can help the forward line pressure. LRT was good last week but again offered very little against a decent team - Pyke beat him in every stat, suggesting he can offer almost as much around the ground + much better tap work.

Please don't drop Tommy. We Saints fans waited so long for his debut in AFL proper and were very happy for him that he performed so well last week.

Tonight he had his old house mate on him (Simpkin) so it was probably just a case of Simpkin messing with his mind.

We didnt come to play.
We are embarrassed.

F***ing Cowards.

What a load of hogshite. The Swans don't exist to make you happy. "I say let's win our games in Melbourne and confine our losses to Sydney" As long as they win enough it doesn't matter where they drop their games. Perhaps if the Melbourne supporters gave the same support as they get in Sydney they'd play better. Perhaps not. If it's a problem you can always change to a Melbourne based team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back