– & + vs. =^.^=

Remove this Banner Ad

bartel actually said that? when did that happen?

Don't quote me (I wasn't paying that much attention) but I think it was late in the game and he said something about Pearce not wanting to get his jumper dirty, or something. o_O

I'm sure a more astute viewer can correct me as to exactly what was said but it was picked up on the umpire's mic.

Don't quote me (I wasn't paying that much attention) but I think it was late in the game and he said something about Pearce not wanting to get his jumper dirty, or something. o_O

I'm sure a more astute viewer can correct me as to exactly what was said but it was picked up on the umpire's mic.

fair enough, its true that pearce hasnt worked hard enough to earn a mid year trip to america ... what a crock

Agreed mate, I didn't quite catch it when it was on the TV but didn't Bartel say something along those lines to Danyle during the game.
I thought it was a bit rich at the time as Pearce was one of the main contibutors I thought, willing to put head over ball. He's been a very handy aquisition for us.
bartel said something like 'don't you want to get your uniform dirty?' but it wasn't clear what context he meant. the umpire was splitting them up at the time and I initially thought bartel was having a go at danyle for not wanting to get physical.
we copped a few corkies and there was a lot of lip and aggro that night. the cats would have been instructed to get nasty, i reckon, which is fair enough, but it raises the ante for next time we meet.

fair enough, its true that pearce hasnt worked hard enough to earn a mid year trip to america ... what a crock

Excellent point, who takes a trip in the middle of footy season?

bartel said something like 'don't you want to get your uniform dirty?' but it wasn't clear what context he meant. the umpire was splitting them up at the time and I initially thought bartel was having a go at danyle for not wanting to get physical.
we copped a few corkies and there was a lot of lip and aggro that night. the cats would have been instructed to get nasty, i reckon, which is fair enough, but it raises the ante for next time we meet.

Thanks mate, I thought it was strange at the time considering Pearce was one of our better performers on the night, and that includes getting in to do the dirty work. Bartel probably just looking to get a reaction.

Like you said though I think there was a fair bit of talk and niggle going on between the two teams... and who doesn't love a bit of on field banter. :D

Yeah I also heard that. It was captured through the ump's mic. Bartel said to Danyle "You can't get a touch. Don't want to get your uniform dirty." Pearce didn't really react to it, just walked away.

Not really sure why he said it, especially given Pearce was probably one of our better players, but it's funny to hear banter and sledges from the players. Would love to hear what Ballantyne says :p Mic him up!!

Yeah I also heard that. It was captured through the ump's mic. Bartel said to Danyle "You can't get a touch. Don't want to get your uniform dirty." Pearce didn't really react to it, just walked away.

Not really sure why he said it, especially given Pearce was probably one of our better players, but it's funny to hear banter and sledges from the players. Would love to hear what Ballantyne says :p Mic him up!!

maybe he had the two pearces mixed up ?!?

Mic them all up I say and have an AFL Uncut after the little tackers go to bed so we can all hear what these guys are saying on field, would be most entertaining I reckon. :p

Mic them all up I say and have an AFL Uncut after the little tackers go to bed so we can all hear what these guys are saying on field, would be most entertaining I reckon. :p

If you mic up Nick Suban you would get f and c bombs dropped every second and third word!

After the hilarious "He punched me in the nuts!" comment, you could hear Suban yell out to Shaw "You f-ing would you c-bomb" about three times.

there will be a segment just for ballas every week :)

You raise an excellent point, maybe we should just bite the bullet and give Ballas his own show.

If you mic up Nick Suban you would get f and c bombs dropped every second and third word!

After the hilarious "He punched me in the nuts!" comment, you could hear Suban yell out to Shaw "You f-ing would you c-bomb" about three times.

Haha, yeah I remember that. I can see Freo dominating an AFL Uncut program... and I would love watching it. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent point, who takes a trip in the middle of footy season?

Thanks mate, I thought it was strange at the time considering Pearce was one of our better performers on the night, and that includes getting in to do the dirty work. Bartel probably just looking to get a reaction.

Like you said though I think there was a fair bit of talk and niggle going on between the two teams... and who doesn't love a bit of on field banter. :D

It wouldn't surprise me if after his run-ins with Minson over the years opposition players have identified him as susceptible to that sort of banter, as you say Pearce was arguably our best midfielder on Saturday IMO and I doubt it affected him much if at all.

It wouldn't surprise me if after his run-ins with Minson over the years opposition players have identified him as susceptible to that sort of banter, as you say Pearce was arguably our best midfielder on Saturday IMO and I doubt it affected him much if at all.

I think you are probably onto something there. It didn't really seem to bother him anyway and I am all for a bit of sledging... within reason of course.

quote]

Yeh that was it - Pearce needed to come back at Jimmy about his long sleeve jumper needed to keep him warm because he doesn't run hard enough. Love a good sledge within the bounds on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back