‘Passionate Essendon supporter’ slammed for online abuse of Richmond’s Dylan Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty standard behaviour from an EFC supporter I would’ve thought, no surprises there. It appears they’re as bad at posting death threats as they are at being drug cheats too.

Also alleged rape threats.

"On Monday a 39-year-old Frankston man was arrested on multiple charges including stalking and making threat to commit sexual offence, police said in a statement."

For abusing Grimes, yeah, OK (A bit light, but...).

Abusing his missus though....Nah, for that he should have had the book thrown at him.

Dylan should expect some abuse (it isn't 'right', and this is too much, but *some* comes with the job...). His wife however should be completely off limits.
Apart from yelling at a game he actually doesn’t deserve any abuse. He’s playing sport and staging for a free kick does not warrant online threats.
Judges who dismiss cases of violence and abuse because of being high or intoxicated are spineless and the lack of fitting punishment is setting a terrible precedent of leniency.
At the end of the day everyone is accountable for their own actions. These excuses are feeble

Apart from yelling at a game he actually doesn’t deserve any abuse. He’s playing sport and staging for a free kick does not warrant online threats.
Judges who dismiss cases of violence and abuse because of being high or intoxicated are spineless and the lack of fitting punishment is setting a terrible precedent of leniency.
At the end of the day everyone is accountable for their own actions. These excuses are feeble

I agree, but I was referring to the way things are, rather than the way things should be.

The media goading an incompetent MRO on trumped up charges later dismissed by an independent tribunal were totally complicit in this ,,,they lit the fuse for every lunatic ******* out there to deluge our players with hate , make no mistake

The more that happens, the more I think the media is screwing the world up. In so many ways, their sensationalism is doing more damage than the original problem(s).

The more that happens, the more I think the media is screwing the world up. In so many ways, their sensationalism is doing more damage than the original problem(s).
You’re only just beginning to think this? Mate modern media is the reason the world is ****ed up beyond measure.

Just read an interesting article detailing some of the issues current day AFL players are having to deal with:

The media goading an incompetent MRO on trumped up charges later dismissed by an independent tribunal were totally complicit in this ,,,they lit the fuse for every lunatic ******* out there to deluge our players with hate , make no mistake

What annoyed me more than anything was the fact that once the charges were dismissed there was no explanation as to why the decision was overturned. We then got the "Richmond are protected line" and the general hate came our way. If a decision is overturned there needs to be a detailed explanation why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back