‘Stop the retiree tax’ does the scomo govt have any mandate in the super and retiree space?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Theyre having a ‘review’ but are already guiding it politically

My question is, after the election performance, do they have any mandate?

Last edited:
Theyre having a ‘review’ but are already guiding it politically

My question is, after the election performance, do they have any mandate?
Says Greg Combet, who is not exactly politically neutral.

Lump sums should be taxed, annuities should be tax free.

There. I just fixed the super industry and saved the Age Pension.

Can I get the $40 million this would have cost ?
Honestly we have to move to an annuity only system to make it work. Lump sum s or lump sums over a certain amount should be taxed at a higher rate

The only interest the coalition would have is to nobble the very popular industry funds which support the alp.

They should STFU after the scare campaign they ran

And boomers should get organized. Politicians are playing them for fools. Would make a handy voting block

Just heard scomo say that silent australians win the election as well as him

Went on descrile in detail but i didnt hear the words retiree tax

Boomers, prepare to be sold out

I feel like fiddling with / removing Super is more about looking after big business than the working Australian, considering it's the employer who pays for Super and not the employee. Morrison seems to be shifting the conversation to make it seem like a good idea due to housing affordability, like he's on the ordinary Australian's side - but he clearly isn't - looking pretty disingenuous at the moment how he's trying to peddle this.

So with the on going political commentary, its not in the ball park of whats known as an independent review?

Colour me surprised.

In fact this whole political era, trump, brexit, seems to be about triggering the working classes prejudices and insecurities, all the while slowly siphoning frieedoms and wealth away from them

When I say working classes, i mean those who were that before globalisation

So with the on going political commentary, its not in the ball park of whats known as an independent review?

Colour me surprised.

In fact this whole political era, trump, brexit, seems to be about triggering the working classes prejudices and insecurities, all the while slowly siphoning frieedoms and wealth away from them

When I say working classes, i mean those who were that before globalisation

i think casualised working class is more today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back