“Be consistent you green maggot” - The Umpire Strikes Back

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
LOL - imagine believing edgy, offensive and tasteless humour doesn't exist in 2019 (and can't still be very, very funny). Ever watched Another Period? Anything by PFFR? David Cross? Anthony Jeselnik? Veep? People can still have a sense of humour, mate, calm down.
I'm not across it as much as you clearly are, but I do know politically un-pc comedians are, as a matter of routine, having to justify their jokes/sets to thought police in their audience (why you would pay to go and watch someone whose views you find offensive is a mystery to me) and, sadly, to mainstream left-leaning comedians. Left-leaning is mainstream these days, which is a sign of the hyper-sensitive times, sadly. People are out there actually looking to find offence.

What happened to Louis CK is disgrace. I'm a big fan of Bill Burr and he talks about this in his podcasts frequently, the issue of censorship.

I'm not suggesting that I get off on racist/sexist humour. But I am saying that people are entitled to express their opinion (Israel Folau case in point). I find it utterly ridiculous that in 2019 organisations like the AFL and Rugby Union take a more serious stance on opinions than on-field thuggery, actual cases of domestic violence, common assaults, etc. Folau gets his contract torn up for expressing an opinion. Players in other codes have committed criminal assaults and yet 'play on'.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
is-bran-actually-evil-a-2172657.jpg

He was exactly the maggot he was supposed to be

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In 10 years time only positive comments will be allowed. If a player or umpire stuffs up a response such as "Bad luck, you will get it right next time" will only be allowed
Smart watches will detect emotional sentiment. Google will onsell that information back to the AFL.

You will receive a message at the end of the game for the negative thoughts and analyse the circumstances in which they occured. The algorithmic data will send you a direct message outlining why your thoughts were unacceptable. Three warnings to correct your thinking or your out.

Any sexual thoughts will be reported to the police , and dealt with accordingly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
I'm not across it as much as you clearly are, but I do know politically un-pc comedians are, as a matter of routine, having to justify their jokes/sets to thought police in their audience (why you would pay to go and watch someone whose views you find offensive is a mystery to me) and, sadly, to mainstream left-leaning comedians. Left-leaning is mainstream these days, which is a sign of the hyper-sensitive times, sadly. People are out there actually looking to find offence.

What happened to Louis CK is disgrace. I'm a big fan of Bill Burr and he talks about this in his podcasts frequently, the issue of censorship.

I'm not suggesting that I get off on racist/sexist humour. But I am saying that people are entitled to express their opinion (Israel Folau case in point). I find it utterly ridiculous that in 2019 organisations like the AFL and Rugby Union take a more serious stance on opinions than on-field thuggery, actual cases of domestic violence, common assaults, etc. Folau gets his contract torn up for expressing an opinion. Players in other codes have committed criminal assaults and yet 'play on'.
Louis CK wasnt disgraced for making un-pc jokes, it was because he jerked off infront of multiple women without their permission/consent.

“Political correctness gone mad” is the lament of those who wish they were still allowed to be sexist/racist.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
You know how you get decent umpires? By reducing the amount of abuse and threats umpires from the AFL to junior levels cop on a weekly basis. This may shock you, but when kids see drunk idiots screaming abuse at umpires it really puts them off giving the job a try...

The way to have decent umpires is a consistent rule set and full time umpires with accountability.

What you just said is a genuine crock of s**t. I see drunk idiots hurling abuse at players and teams constantly. Look at the shortage of players we have in the country...

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Louis CK wasnt disgraced for making un-pc jokes, it was because he jerked off infront of multiple women without their permission/consent.

“Political correctness gone mad” is the lament of those who wish they were still allowed to be sexist/racist.

He completely had their permission, that's the stupid part...

Is it weird? Yep. Should it have even been in the media for a second? * no. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a precious little snowflake.

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
So you're in my head now? You know me better than I know myself. FWIW I treat people as individuals and maintain an open mind, I'd like to think, without pre-judging.

However, generalisations can be made about certain groups (we call that stereotyping I suppose) and this can be extremely humorous. Assuming one is willing to laugh at oneself.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
What the?? it's ok for pukes to wave gay flags in cheers squads but you can't call the umpy a maggot, time for Gil to go.

Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
So you're in my head now? You know me better than I know myself. FWIW I treat people as individuals and maintain an open mind, I'd like to think, without pre-judging.

However, generalisations can be made about certain groups (we call that stereotyping I suppose) and this can be extremely humorous. Assuming one is willing to laugh at oneself.
“I treat people as individuals and maintain an open mind, I'd like to think, without pre-judging” ”generalisations can be made about certain groups”

Ok bud

Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
He completely had their permission, that's the stupid part...

Is it weird? Yep. Should it have even been in the media for a second? **** no. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a precious little snowflake.

Explain to me how he had their permission?

Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
He asked...

I mean, that's literally the definition.
He asked...

I mean that's literally the definition.
Is it asking? Or is it asking and then receiving permission?

As soon as they sat down in his room, still wrapped in their winter jackets and hats, Louis C.K. asked if he could take out his penis, the women said.

They thought it was a joke and laughed it off. “And then he really did it,” Ms. Goodman said in an interview with The New York Times. “He proceeded to take all of his clothes off, and get completely naked, and started masturbating.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...elevision/louis-ck-sexual-misconduct.amp.html

Back