“Collingwood will win 2019 AFL Premiership” Mark Robinson

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a bit surprised with the reaction on this thread really. Picking the Pies for the flag is not a bad bet. Robbo may be Robbo but focusing on Robbo rather than his prediction doesn't change anything. Are posters worried about some sort of magical ginx or scared to believe? We are genuine contenders this year, the team needs to own that as do supporters.

More people have joined the chorus of us winning the flag. Lloyd is even pumping our midfield to make it the best he has seen.
Am I the only one getting nervous about this? Us being favourites is uncharted territories .

Are posters worried about some sort of magical jinx ...

Yes.

Anybody who has followed Collingwood for any length of time knows that the dark arts are very real.

... or scared to believe?

Well, if we were Hawthorn then, yeah, that’s how it would work. We believe in a Premiership and et voila! a premiership happens. But we’re not Hawthorn.

We are genuine contenders this year, the team needs to own that as do supporters.

With that kind of attitude I fear we’re doomed :(

Last edited:
Us being favourites is uncharted territories .

Am I the only one getting nervous about this?

No

More people have joined the chorus of us winning the flag. Lloyd is even pumping our midfield to make it the best he has seen.

This is the way it works ...

Media pundits pump us up to almost the point of bursting. Then either one of two things happens ...

(1) Expectations are met (rare). Our success then becomes almost tolerable for the larger footballing community because we were simply meeting expectations.

(2) Expectations aren’t met (much more common). The footy world then bathes in the beautiful waters of our angst ridden salty tears. (See Richmond losing last year’s prelim)

Footy pundits like Robbo can’t lose in situations like this. We do well and he looks like Nostradamus. We do poorly and he lathers himself up in lavender oil and plays with his nipples.

No

This is the way it works ...

Media pundits pump us up to almost the point of bursting. Then either one of two things happens ...

(1) Expectations are met (rare). Our success then becomes almost tolerable for the larger footballing community because we were simply meeting expectations.

(2) Expectations aren’t met (much more common). The footy world then bathes in the beautiful waters of our angst ridden salty tears. (See Richmond losing last year’s prelim)

Footy pundits like Robbo can’t lose in situations like this. We do well and he looks like Nostradamus. We do poorly and he lathers himself up in lavender oil and plays with his nipples.
Gee 76 did you really have to throw that last sentence in that's a nightmare image lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back