Opinion “Yeh I go for North...”

Remove this Banner Ad

An Essendon supporter mate has recently tried to argue with me, saying we are stuffed as our kids aren't good enough (or not enough of really good ones on our list) and that because we are not a destination club, we have no hope of attracting talent from other clubs. When I brought up Higgins, Dal Santo and Waite, suggesting that we very much can attract talent when we have a good core of our own, he said none of them were A graders, at which point I ended the discussion.

But it's hard to argue that they are a lot more excited than us at the moment.

Just show him a picture of a Syringe, * supporters hate that.

I can’t wait to see the amount of bandwagoners come out when we become somewhat successful

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Be happy you have the memories of finals wins under Scott.

Imagine the next crop of supporters coming through after you - their North Melbourne supporting highlight will be beating GWS in round 2 2020.

Be happy you have the memories of finals wins under Scott.

Imagine the next crop of supporters coming through after you - their North Melbourne supporting highlight will be beating GWS in round 2 2020.
Imagine those who started following the club in 2021? Their only highlights so far would be quarter time leads against Port and Geelong, and 3/4 time lead against Adelaide ;)

Imagine those who started following the club in 2021? Their only highlights so far would be quarter time leads against Port and Geelong, and 3/4 time lead against Adelaide ;)

100-year-old-man-swedish-box-office.jpg

Some old bloke in 2115..

"yes... I was there that day... Jack Mahoney kicked it out of bounds twice from set shots but there we bloody were.. sorry for the language but I'm getting excited!! ..Yes there we were.. we were taking it right up to the reigning grand finalists. You could feel the collective belief building - that we might be a chance to go back to back.... Quarters."

As the son of an ex North CEO i have a fat target on my back, i relish in it though, our time will come again and i can't wait to give it back. "ahaha yeh nah we're a young mob, we'll get there" the classic jargon.

You are more than likely a Miller, Walsh, Aylett, Arocca, or Funky Carls spawn.

Unless the more off broadway Easy or Cam Vales son?

Which is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the son of an ex North CEO i have a fat target on my back, i relish in it though, our time will come again and i can't wait to give it back. "ahaha yeh nah we're a young mob, we'll get there" the classic jargon.

Get your old man to run for the board.

Hmmm is that you Jeff Walsh?
Or Allan Aylett?
Or Jon Dugdale?
Or Grieg Miller?
Idk

It's pretty rough supporting North and Tottenham Hotspur. Often get the feeling I'll never see either of these clubs win anything. :'(

I went to the US in 2017, was in Vegas and had a Clippers jacket on

A guy stops me and says any chance they win this year man? I was like oh look probably not knowing the clippers

Oh well he says who’s your NFL team? I reply the Eagles

He says Jesus Christ what about baseball?

I said the Mets

He just stared at me and said man what is wrong with you? Are you a sadist?

All I could say is if only you know about my footy team back home you would know how sick I am

Unlike the hard man, that untouchable, cold as ice Spetsnaz warrior I'm universally seen as on here here, you know, a clinical "don't **** with me" agent you'd never want to run into in a dark alley yet ... I'm who you hire when you need a job done - I'm surprisingly a complete pussy in real life.

For that reason it's been a pile on. Supporters of all shapes and varieties filling their boots at my misfortune and eventually all the traditional comebacks start paleing when your side is being passed around the league each week like a worn out doobie.
Actually, I only ever thought of Twinkletoes as being the cold as ice Spetsnaz warrior hard man. Him and Mofra

Actually - I am lying through my arse.

Well at my workplace it's more about how bad our teams are rather than banter haha.

Majority of my workmates are Collingwood, *Essendon and Carlton supporters with a few Dogs supporters. When I tell them I'm North its just met with a laugh followed by 'mate North is so irrelevant when are they relocating' (obviously as a joke). Banter is plentiful and it's all obviously for laughs. They also know their clubs are not good either and it's mutual depression at that point haha.

I think I'm the only North supporter there at the moment but I don't mind that. I was pretty much on my own through primary and high school too and it's become natural for me to accept.

Being a small club supporter does make you feel unique and different. Especially following a club that everyone will try to make fun of, but respect the hell out of you for following them.

I wear a North guernsey when I go out at times this season. Last time I did that was 2017.

(I usually wear one to darts too but that is something I do when we win as well.)

Prick of an experience!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back