Opinion “Yeh I go for North...”

Remove this Banner Ad

Wednesday have taken the term shambles and put a trade mark on it.

I was reading an article in The Athletic recently on them. Christ Almighty.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I'm a Wednesday fan too. This season has been an absolute disaster. Luckily Rangers came through.

I’m proud of being a roos fan. Not many of us around the people I know. Mainly Carlton, Collingwood and Saints (with a few Essendon). This is actually the first time in a very long time I feel hopeful about where we’re headed. Living in mediocrity every year has been tiring. I’m glad that’s over. At least we have a real valid excuse for being dead last. And I’m actually ok with that as there’s now a plan going forward.

So when they try to give me s**t about being a roos fan (which mind you is generally the Carlton fans), I remind them that at least we know where we’re at - but what’s their excuse?

The only thing that actually does trigger me is when they go for the relocation crap. I do find that hard. So what’s your comeback for that besides: “no it’s not gonna happen?”

I've just discovered my boss is a Melbourne supporter, he has kept that quiet for the last 18 months.

He came up to me at lunch and told me Brown is making his debut against his old side this weekend, reckons he could at least equal his record of ten goals in a game. God I hope not.
So he doesn't know you're a North person?

So he doesn't know you're a North person?
Everybody knows I'm a North supporter, I wear a members cap most days (I'll occasionally wear a Liverpool, Parramatta or Scotland cap depending on the event) and during the winter months I wear a North jacket.

Don't whimper away when confronted by the opposition, you cowards. Tell em to shove one right up em and that Ziebell is going to be better than Martin by the end of their careers. We'll be fine when Kelly comes over next year.

All about watching the kids play and develop, and passages of play. As long as were competitive in the first quarter and give me a glimmer of hope I'm happy. Break down games into little milestones, I couldn't care less what other people say or think. Take sollace in the fact that we'll be contenders again before Collingwood!
And *, GWS and aints.

I’m proud of being a roos fan. Not many of us around the people I know. Mainly Carlton, Collingwood and Saints (with a few Essendon). This is actually the first time in a very long time I feel hopeful about where we’re headed. Living in mediocrity every year has been tiring. I’m glad that’s over. At least we have a real valid excuse for being dead last. And I’m actually ok with that as there’s now a plan going forward.

So when they try to give me sh*t about being a roos fan (which mind you is generally the Carlton fans), I remind them that at least we know where we’re at - but what’s their excuse?

The only thing that actually does trigger me is when they go for the relocation crap. I do find that hard. So what’s your comeback for that besides: “no it’s not gonna happen?”

This one is relatively easy to rebut - the club is profitable (even in COVID!!) zero debt so not dependent on the AFL for handouts and it requires 75% of members to vote for relocation. Put it on them to describe the circumstances in which that occur. The sound you hear will be crickets. Meanwhile Saints have $16m in debt and Sydney lost $6m last year. North to anywhere is a lazy trope peddled by fools or those with an agenda (shout out to Caro!)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one is relatively easy to rebut - the club is profitable (even in COVID!!) zero debt so not dependent on the AFL for handouts and it requires 75% of members to vote for relocation. Put it on them to describe the circumstances in which that occur. The sound you hear will be crickets. Meanwhile Saints have $16m in debt and Sydney lost $6m last year. North to anywhere is a lazy trope peddled by fools or those with an agenda (shout out to Caro!)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep, this year would be about ten times worse for us supporters if the club was millions in debt.

Disarm the campaigners with a smug - I know something that you don't know - smile and finish off with a sinister laugh.

You can then bawl like a child when they leave.

Father in law is staying at ours and he’s a GoDees supporter. Haven’t seen him since last year. Had my North hoodie on and first thing he says is “What are you wearing that for, they’re a disgrace”

I said “Out of everyone you’d know what supporting a s**t team is like” 😂

A laugh and silence after. This thread works

No issues for me running into the regular folk I chat footy with. There’s an understanding that diehards (with brains) have between each other.

One Saints supporting mate went rogue via PM early on but nature put him back in his place. He’s never seen his side win a flag and I’ve been in the crowd as we raised the cup 4 times. No contest!

The GoDees fans I know are shitting themselves that the current state of affairs is too good to be true, fearing a loss on Sunday, no matter how convincing I am in assuring them a loss will not happen.

Pies and Blues fans are silent.

Hawks pretty much as well.

Bummer fans who know me fall into the “do not goad” bracket so I’m lucky there.

Haven’t seen a Dogs fan.

All good afaic.

Approaching all of them with a look of “don’t even think about it f#%¥head” helps though I’m sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back