Preview ‪1st SF - Geelong vs Sydney, Friday 15th September, 7:50pm @ MCG ‬

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think with conditions expected we would be scared of a Henderson moving forward for example.

Given his cameo up forward in the Prelim last year, that is perhaps an understatement.

Does remind me though, Henderson has been a good pick up for most part, but he really needs to stand up in a big game to really win me over.

He has played two finals shockers in a row. Big game for him.

Think Thurlow could be a late in tomorrow night for Z. Guthrie or Kolodjashnij.

Either way am okay with the changes. I prefer Lang over Murdoch, Murdoch has shown how poor he is in finals (he's not the only one of course) while Lang could bring a fresh energy to that forward role. Don't think Lang has played a final before? If that's true then it will be really exciting for him and I wish him well!

Menzel for C. Guthrie had to happen obviously.

Really wish Cockatoo was available this week he's so important for us but am glad they didn't rush him in for this Semi Final.

Menzel to kick 10 goals.

I've been all aboard the drop Zuthrie train but he was probably in our top 5 players last week, his direct opponent contributed SFA and he made good decisions with the footy.
This ^^^^

He was one of the few who didnt s**t his pants yet people are saying we should drop his cause he is too small. Wtf.

He showed more balls and poise than seasoned vets 20 kg heavier than him ffs.

One thing i wish for is not to have the game blown apart in the first quarter and even half time. Make a game of it at least! I think we can surprise the swans for a part of the game, yet fall short in the end. I wonder if players on the brink of departing the cats such as motlop and menzel will perform? Big game for list management purposes going forward. Go cats!

It's striking when looking at the team selection that we used pick 16 on Lang, pick 16 on Thurlow and traded pick 21 for Stanley.

I can't help but feel that we could have done better with those draft picks than 3 non-best 22 players.

It's striking when looking at the team selection that we used pick 16 on Lang, pick 16 on Thurlow and traded pick 21 for Stanley.

I can't help but feel that we could have done better with those draft picks than 3 non-best 22 players.

I still have faith in Thurlow & Lang (Thurlow especially).

Trading Pick 21 for Stanley was a fail though yes. I'm intrigued who we would have picked at 21 if we kept the draft pick (if we didn't pick Hugh Goddard as well of course).

Thurlow started to break out in 2015 when Mackie was out for a few games, Thurlow was fantastic for a 3-4 week period before Mackie returned which meant Jackson had to more defensive roles so was quieter for the rest of the year. 2016 could've been massive for him until the ACL which really came at the worst time for his development. This year he's been fine considering he's been building confidence in his knee. I've always said he'll explode and breakout massively whenever Mackie retired, because it would allow him to more attacking in his play. I think if we look to trade him it would be a massive mistake. Give him another full pre-season, more confidence in his knee, Mackie retired so Thurlow will be the main rebounding defender alongside Tuohy, I think the football world will really take notice of him in 2018.

Lang I still have faith in if we keep him involved around the ball more, he'll never be an inside midfielder, but I'd prefer him on a wing over Kolodjashnij/Murdoch, he runs well, is pretty quick, uses the ball quite well (not as good as Thurlow/Duncan but still pretty good) and can tackle well too. Think he'd show his best footy with more midfield time. Obviously injuries to small forwards hasn't helped him this year he's had to play a pressure forward role which is pretty unnatural to him just like Parsons & Parfitt have had to even though they are midfielders. So he's another one I wouldn't want to trade, think next year if we gave him more time on the wing (Parsons on the other wing keeping him more involved too) he could surprise some people.

We'll see what the club does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given his cameo up forward in the Prelim last year, that is perhaps an understatement.

Does remind me though, Henderson has been a good pick up for most part, but he really needs to stand up in a big game to really win me over.

He has played two finals shockers in a row. Big game for him.
Henderson was good last week.

Again the parallel universe. How long since Lang played at senior level- quite some time. I like him but not sure that he will be ready. And if we thought that Selwood was out of sorts last week then this could be worse.
And goodness there is Menzel!!!!!!!!
Stocks are low my friend. What can I say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back