Preview ‪1st SF - Geelong vs Sydney, Friday 15th September, 7:50pm @ MCG ‬

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ^^^^

He was one of the few who didnt s**t his pants yet people are saying we should drop his cause he is too small. Wtf.

He showed more balls and poise than seasoned vets 20 kg heavier than him ffs.

He was good but let's not get too carried away. He missed a sitter from 30 that would have put us in front.
I agree he should stay in though.

Is anybody even looking forward to this game? I can't remember ever going into a final with such a defeatist attitude. Someone give me a reason to think otherwise?

We play well as underdogs, and we're not off a bye this time. We're a chance, but it's a big ask.

I personally can't handle anymore disappointment this season so I'm keeping a lid on any expectations, but yes, we are a chance.

Is anybody even looking forward to this game? I can't remember ever going into a final with such a defeatist attitude. Someone give me a reason to think otherwise?

Feel exactly the same way. Can't get enthusiastic about it, already more interested in trades/next season. Even if we do somehow scrape through this week I can't see it going much further after what happened last weekend. Don't want to go to the game, can't see many people wanting to go really - I just knocked back a free ticket to a three course meal club function with drinks and great seats etc because I just don't want to go after last week (and the swans final last year - absolutely disgraceful). Such a disappointing way for things to end. Frankly, it just feels like another completely wasted season :-(

Having said all that, i will be glued to the set with my phone turned off, screaming like a banshee at different points no doubt - hopefully in triumph not despair.

It feels like Groundhog Day, but in a bad way, and that's not how September is supposed to feel.

Last edited:
Although he shows composure, I'm still surprised that Zuthrie is in before Thurlow. You just can't play pre-pubescents in big finals.
For Zuthrie's future ability and calmness under pressure - a small body is still a small body in the last 1/4 of a game of footy. And if its wet, elusiveness loses it effectiveness and its all about body position and strength. Dont see his advantage in this game at this intensity in these conditions over Thurlow.

Bothers me.
Go Catters

**** it, I'm changing my tune, cats to have an almighty win tomorrow, over being mr. negative, I bloody love this club so carn catters!!
Yeah im back too...

Kingy's plug on the Podcats podcast got me all fired up again..:D:thumbsu:

will need our very very best but its doable.

After all, we showed our very very worst last week. Likelihood of that 2 weeks in a row? Possible but not likely for mine.
I get Murda was rabble last week but thought his pace, size and tank would be useful in the wet sloppiness of this week.

Lang had better bring all he's got.

I like Zuthrie and his year so far has been serviceable for a under 16 kid playing AFL footy. Kid is fearless ill give him that.
But this is Finals... and wet finals what's more. Maybe CS sees a little of himself in the kid ( being a short little underweight kid punching above his class in his early days) but how that adds more to the 22 than Thurlow right now im not sure. Luv to be proved wrong.

If we play like we did V the Doggies this year, we will win this. We can do it but will we?

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yours truly.

Looking forward to next Friday night too.

Find myself nodding while reading the arguments why this or that player doesn't deserve a spot.

To be honest, fully half the team deserve to be dropped.

Still, if a fit Thurlow can't find his way into a team that just put in a shocker then I worry about where he is at.

Same goes for Stanley. Surely he is gone at the end of the year.

Very downbeat at the moment... I do expect to see some dead-cat bounce (see what I did there?) but this is Sydney, and I just can't see us holding out.

So we bring Blicavs back after several weeks out and he has a quiet game. We bring Selwood back after several weeks out and he has a quiet game. We bring Lang back after several months out and we expect what?

At least Lang had a game (2 maybe?) in the VFL, it's something at least.

Over the past two years Geelong seem to do better when they are up against it/facing a mountain. In that regard I have had more confidence taking on a harder game than say beating the Pies. Genuinely.

I think that will happen again, a much stronger performance.
In fact I would be quite shocked if we were totally ordinary again.
The issue is Sydney might be just too good regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back