Preview ‪1st SF - Geelong vs Sydney, Friday 15th September, 7:50pm @ MCG ‬

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past two years Geelong seem to do better when they are up against it/facing a mountain. In that regard I have had more confidence taking on a harder game than say beating the Pies. Genuinely.

I think that will happen again, a much stronger performance.
In fact I would be quite shocked if we were totally ordinary again.
The issue is Sydney might be just too good regardless.

Yeah, they look stronger all over the park with fewer passengers.

For all that is good and holy in this world, he must be destroyed.

1503563978681.jpg

Is anybody even looking forward to this game? I can't remember ever going into a final with such a defeatist attitude. Someone give me a reason to think otherwise?
Likewise...soooo flat. I have more faith in my beloved sturt blues in the sanfl pre-lim on sunday, funnily enough against finals chokers wwt eagles.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I saw Geelong get annihilated by Essendon to the tune of 76 points in a QF....then watched us smash our way to an epic GF....

I'm backing them till the scoreboard and time clock says otherwise.

Go you good things.

I've mourned the Richmond loss and made my peace. It was Charlie losing the golden ticket to the chocolate factory during his walk home. Now he has to crawl through the depths of hell just to get a peak inside. I don't have much expectation for poor Charlie any more, but let's see if he can surprise us. And yes, I am going mad...

I've mourned the Richmond loss and made my peace. It was Charlie losing the golden ticket to the chocolate factory during his walk home. Now he has to crawl through the depths of hell just to get a peak inside. I don't have much expectation for poor Charlie any more, but let's see if he can surprise us. And yes, I am going mad...

And you've been following the Cats for how many years?

You've done well to hold out this long.

:cool:

So we bring Blicavs back after several weeks out and he has a quiet game. We bring Selwood back after several weeks out and he has a quiet game. We bring Lang back after several months out and we expect what?
For him to produce similar to Murdoch, without all the out on the full kicks.

Still an upgrade.

Is anybody even looking forward to this game? I can't remember ever going into a final with such a defeatist attitude. Someone give me a reason to think otherwise?

I'm hoping we get beaten so bad that the club decides to stop topping up and gets rid of Chris Scott early. It's more realistic than hoping for a win.

Over the past two years Geelong seem to do better when they are up against it/facing a mountain. In that regard I have had more confidence taking on a harder game than say beating the Pies. Genuinely.

I think that will happen again, a much stronger performance.
In fact I would be quite shocked if we were totally ordinary again.
The issue is Sydney might be just too good regardless.

I agree and i think we will be much better but sydney are too good imo. Unless they play really badly like we did last week our best still won't get it done. We needed to win last week and avoid them.

Alright you bunch of sad sacks. I hope you all still wallow in self pity if we win.

Could well last Mackie's last game. Could well be Lonergon last game, who is honestly as brave as they come.

It's a final. I have been pumped all week. I will either be celebrating in a few hours time, or celebrating the brave career of Lonergon.

Strap yourself in. Have a feeling it will be a cracker!

Go Cats!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping we get beaten so bad that the club decides to stop topping up and gets rid of Chris Scott early. It's more realistic than hoping for a win.

You do realise chris scott has nothing to do with the topping up? It will be happening whether he is here or not so you might want to get used to it.

For him to produce similar to Murdoch, without all the out on the full kicks.

Still an upgrade.
Actually for that AND for precision kicking. Rodney Eade points out on the AFL site that it's more important to spread the swans wide through precision kicking, then create one on one's deep in the forward 50. Lang should be marking the ball forward of the centre square in the wings, turning around and left or right foot kicking it to Menzel deep. Then if it goes out and we reset, his tackling and speed come into it.

Alright you bunch of sad sacks. I hope you all still wallow in self pity if we win.

Could well last Mackie's last game. Could well be Lonergon last game, who is honestly as brave as they come.

It's a final. I have been pumped all week. I will either be celebrating in a few hours time, or celebrating the brave career of Lonergon.

Strap yourself in. Have a feeling it will be a cracker!

Go Cats!
The game is more than a few hours away, so enjoy your early celebration I guess :)

For all that is good and holy in this world, he must be destroyed.

1503563978681.jpg
Yep, nothing would satisfy me more than if someone laid that arrogant pleb out.

Without the game being played, with nothing but hope in front of you - you want us to lose badly today and no have any chance of winning a premiership this year, and in return you want us to fire the coach, top up and maybe content in the next few years?

You really are a strange type of 'supporter'.

I'm hoping we win.

I'm not sure how to take this.

Match anyone?

I'm super disappointed with the team at the moment and the club, but I'd never 'want' the Cats to lose. Losing wont do anything positive for the side. A win from behind the odds would galvanise us somewhat and give us another game to play our kids in a final. That's all I'm wanting now. Also, it would be a consolation prize for us if we got to deny the COLA cheaters a flag.

Need to be tough as nails tonight and take it right up to them. Just like Iron Mike in his prime. Cmon Cats smash the f#$k out of these flogs!!! Go hard or go home!!

For Zuthrie's future ability and calmness under pressure - a small body is still a small body in the last 1/4 of a game of footy. And if its wet, elusiveness loses it effectiveness and its all about body position and strength. Dont see his advantage in this game at this intensity in these conditions over Thurlow.

Bothers me.
Go Catters
Agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back