Matches: 16
Kicks: 83
Handballs: 54
Marks: 40
Disposals: 137
Tackles: 51

Goals: 4

About:
Versatile big man who has the ability to play in a number of positions, including midfield. Overage player with Gippsland Power in 2006 after completing pre-season with the Hawthorn Football Club. Showed good speed at the Victorian State Screening Session with a 20m Sprint time of 3.00sec.

Records:
Draft History
2006 AFL Draft 4th round selection (Collingwood) No. 63 overall on-traded from Fremantle via Richmond

Debut
Round 8, 2007 v Western Bulldogs @ Telstra Dome

Awards:

· Round 22 AFL Army Award nomination for his relentless chase & strong diving tackle on Adelaide's Simon Goodwin. (2007)
· Nominated for the AFL's best first year player (2007)
· Round 21 Rising star nomination (2007)
· Collingwood's Harry Collier Trophy for best first year player (2007)

2008 season:
In his second season of senior footy, Goldsack notched up 16 games for the club. After playing in the first six games of the season, Goldsack was moved to the VFL to regain some form and conditioning. He returned to the senior side in round 13 and played the next 11 of 12 games. The 21-year-old defender is learning how to incorporate different facets in his game including tackling and kicking goals. He kicked four goals this season including one against St Kilda in the Semi-final after a great smother and gather of the ball.

As I was Tyson's buddy last year here is the link to the last thread >>
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401485
There are quite a few more pictures & nearly all articles about him from last year & previous years. So if you're interested you can take a look there.

With thanks to Didaka for this picture

& thanks to DoubleO7 for this one

I might add more stuff later on.

MagpieGirl_13

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2007
Regional Queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
ATW Eagles: 08 PREMIERS!!
Here are Goldsack's stats from 2008:

And here are his 2008 season Highs:

EDIT: Sorry, but unfortunately due to some stupid sizing restrictions (or whatever it is) on this site, you are unable to see these stats. Not that you would have cared anyway.

MagpieGirl_13

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2007
Regional Queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Well, I'm affraid this thread will probably end up going to the dogs during the season because I seriously doubt I'll be able to keep up with a run down after the games.

Although, I am doing a personal Collingwood diary this season, so I'll make sure I keep an extra eye on Goldy & make a note of how he plays (if I know). Then possibly post it all at the end of the season.

- MG.

ShrewDext

Debutant
Feb 4, 2009
Darwin
AFL Club
Collingwood
Goldy looks absent from the Rnd 1 NAB side named to travel to Subi.

Does there appear to be any reason for this that we should be concerned about?

With talk that Ben Reid is being groomed for CHB how do you think GOLDY'S position is likely to be affected?

MagpieGirl_13

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2007
Regional Queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Goldy played in that last NAB cup game (& possibly the one before it but I seriously can't remember).
He played well. Laied a few good tackles & worked hard.

Good Luck Goldy :thumbsu:

Dave The Man

Cancelled
Collingwood Magpies - Alan Didak 2009 Player Sponsor
Sep 17, 2006
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm,Victory,Blue Jays
Great Job MagpieGirl:thumbsu:

Strauchnie #29

Debutant
Apr 9, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
anyone agree that moneybags is stiff not to be getting a game recently?
i was at his house a few months back and chatting with him, he said he had the best pre season of his carrer so far?
:D

MagpieGirl_13

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2007
Regional Queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Wow, I think it's time I scraped the cob webs out of this place....
LOOK!! Remember Tyson Goldsack?

Well, after being out of the team for ages, he's back!! =D

Played the last 2 games (I think) & I think he's played pretty good. He did a solid job against Essendon down back.

Hopefully he'll remain in the team for a few more weeks to come :)

MagpieGirl_13

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2007
Regional Queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
goldsack_r1509_a.jpg

Tyson Goldsack spoils the marking attempt of Bulldog Scott Welsh

Win reaps respect
Sat 11 July, 2009

COLLINGWOOD defender Tyson Goldsack says his side is likely to earn more respect after knocking off fellow top-four aspirant the Western Bulldogs in a Friday night thriller at Docklands.

While the 17.9 (111) to 16.14 (110) win might not have been as convincing as it could have been – courtesy of the Bulldogs’ barnstorming finish – the four premiership points means the Magpies have won their past seven matches.

Mick Malthouse’s team also jumps to 10 wins – equal third with the Dogs and only percentage off third position.

“It’s a massive game … these crunch games, we won against Essendon [last week] and we’ve won this game,” Goldsack said after Friday’s nail-biter.

“Now we’ve got Hawthorn and Carlton [in the next two weeks], so another two big games. We’re just proving that as a side we’ve kind of matured in the way we can win the big games on a big stage like tonight.”
Goldsack admitted relief at hearing the final siren, after the Bulldogs had piled on 6.5 to 1.2 in the final term.

“I’m definitely a scoreboard watcher,” he said.
http://bigpondvideo.com/CollingwoodTV/191937
“In that last quarter they really had the crowd behind them. That crowd was so loud and they had the momentum going their way.

“Not having the scoreboard telling you how long there is to go is pretty tough. We got the word that there was only 20 seconds to go but they got it forward again so I was still a bit nervous … It was just great to get over the line.”

Goldsack formed part of a Collingwood backline that, while conceding 16 goals on the night, proved effective enough to grab the win.
Nick Maxwell led superbly while Heath Shaw, Simon Prestigiacomo and Harry O’Brien all played strong supporting roles.

Goldsack says it’s nice just to be back in the senior line-up after varying his year between the top and lower grades.
“It was kind of up and down at the start and I’ve just found a bit of form in the VFL and I’ve worked my way into a winning side which is always a positive,” he said.

“I’m obviously back in now and hopefully I can stay in for the rest of the year.”

His match highlight against the Bulldogs was a no-brainer – and couldn’t have come at a better time either for him or his side.

Moments after spraying a kick mid-way through the third term – which had incurred the wrath of teammate Heath Shaw Goldsack again pushed forward to be on the end of some Dane Swan handiwork.

A super, running goal from 48m sparked a memorable celebration from the 192cm defender

“I don’t get to kick goals often, so when I do it, [I’ve got to] make the most of it!” he said.

sazzacazza

Draftee
Jul 11, 2009
Richmond
AFL Club
Collingwood
isnt goldy supposed to be daisy? i dunno but dale did a great job yesterday kicking the first n final goal for collingwood! :D.. keep up the great work :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back