09 DEC 2016 - End of the road.

Remove this Banner Ad

[QUOTE="U2tigers, post: 48088692, member: 33342"]Not sure I can stay. Peggy will never get voted out.....

I bet they won't release the results of the election either.

this club is going no where IMO. bitterly dissapointed that there is only more of the same now.[/QUOTE]

Stay Where !!

Not sure I can stay. Peggy will never get voted out.....

this club is going no where IMO. bitterly dissapointed that there is only more of the same now.

You do realise Peggy's position wasn't even part of this election right?

Dunne and Ryan were up for re-election with their positions challenged, Peggy's position was never part of the equation.

You do realise Peggy's position wasn't even part of this election right?

Dunne and Ryan were up for re-election with their positions challenged, Peggy's position was never part of the equation.
yes I do and I was unhappy with that. Hence me raising that as an issue. I didn't think my post needed to explain how she stays on.

yes I do and I was unhappy with that. Hence me raising that as an issue. I didn't think my post needed to explain how she stays on.

This has been a known fact for ages, i'm just wondering why it's only now you are upset?

Also, the election results have been released - Dunne and Ryan were re-elected?

Thats pretty silly then by you !

You support the team not the board members, Does this mean you will no longer go to games ? or support the club ?

What benefit will it be to give your money to the afl rather than your club
silly by me? seems smart, why should I keep spending my hard earned unless I support the direction they are going. which I don't.

disappointment after disappointment right now.

Not sure I can stay. Peggy will never get voted out.....

this club is going no where IMO. bitterly dissapointed that there is only more of the same now.

just downgrade to a three gamer bono. boards, coaches, and players change. may not be quick enough for you, but they will always change eventually

just downgrade to a three gamer bono. boards, coaches, and players change. may not be quick enough for you, but they will always change eventually

Yep, everyone I know that don't renew regret it later on when they have lost their 5/10/20+ year membership etc.

True supporter rides the highs and the lows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's always someone out there disappointed about something.

Whether the final spot on the board is taken by candidate 1 or candidate 2, when both candidates have decent skill sets, is negligible in terms of winning games of football.

It's good to have less lawyers on the board anyway. Diversity of talents is a higher priority than diversity of age. Peggy won't be around much longer either way.

If 2 people out of 73,000 want to downgrade to a 3-game membership over the issue, big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
The result is a complete joke. The votes of everyone who didn't vote went to the incumbents.

It is impossible for anyone that isn't endorced by the board to get on the board.

Its like the Peoples Republic of China. A closed shop .

What a farce .

Is that really how it happened? If so that is pretty poor.

Can you please provide a link showing that this is the case?

I don't think that word means what you think it means .

This board election was not an exercise in democracy , far from it
Considering it was run by a seperate company to ensure a fair vote yes it was. Just proves as loud as certain fanatics want to be, most don share there views

I believe the informal votes go to the incumbents , but the distribution of them I'm not clear on.
The votes given by Casey were
Dunne 35%
Ryan22%
Wallace 21%
Casey? States he swept up the rest?
Informal ?

Casey obviously got below 21% which means Ryan got in by informal votes if these votes were moved on to her.

All of this is fact if my first statement is true.

I really would like to know if it is in the constituion that members who didnt vote, get their vote allocated to the incumbants. Thats a big one.
It is a big fat lie, that's what it is.

This is like the Americans who believed all the nutty and false stuff put out by websites about Hilary Clinton. Get real.

I really would like to know if it is in the constituion that members who didnt vote, get their vote allocated to the incumbants. Thats a big one.

I'm pretty sure there is something where you can give your voting rights to a faction/board member. But I think you have to sign something.

I'd certainly be fascinated in the final results as I would have thought the more disenfranchised factions of the tiger army were more likely to vote. And Simon Wallace had a lot of support across here and Twitter.

I know rfctiger74 says we are more radicalised section of tiger fans, which I agree with. But the tiger fans I know in real life either weren't voting or strongly behind Wallace and none post on here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back