1/3 mark

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Tony S

Debutant
Jun 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Abuse towards umps, or abuse toward team for not getting paid? :confused:

Have never seen so many players not give a stuff after a loss like that, just happy their wallets are thicker I guess.

Your a disgrace mate!!!the whole club including all players were shattered. Your stupid suggestions about money and Wandin are boring and disrespectful

RIP Tony S

Debutant
Jun 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Finger. You predicted correct I take my hat off to you Woori were sensational in the prelim and will give Upwey a run for there money.
To be honest watching them in Round 18 they looked spent well done to the coach to turn the form around so quickly.
In relation to the umpiring if those numbers are correct that's a joke and the league need to do something about it because it takes away from the game.
League you have valley vision perhaps watch the tape and learn from it. That's all we can ask

Rufee Ralph

Debutant
Feb 27, 2012
At home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I stand by my comments on Sundays umpiring. They weren't great.
Also benchman seems as though all of the wandin boys that were fit to, played, contrary to your story about them not playing finals due to financial obligations not being met?

Zipo

Rookie
Aug 27, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
we are so sorry to "disrespect" you RIP tony s
maybe your money will make you happy
you'd hope it can do that
it cant win you a prelim.

Oxy_tourche

Draftee
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Free kick counts mean absolutely nothing. Zilch. Zero. People need to stop using them in general. Even AFL games going in to half time or whatever try and say the free kick counts are one way or the other. BIG DEAL. Free kicks are paid when they are there. If one team plays within the rules and one doesn't, of course they will be off. I'd never expect free kick counts to be the same, to me THAT would stink of something being wrong and umpires wanting to pay frees just to even things up. Absolutely stupid comment, but expected in this forum I guess.

Stop bagging the umps in general, we wouldn't even have a game at all without them, so zip the lip. Makes me so angry.

You must not have seen the game then.. Kenny Taylor done the worri boys proud

garion

Debutant
Mar 30, 2010
silvan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Surely after all the money is spent and with the mass of talent at that club someone has to ask the question can Bayliss actually coach?

Rodeo clown

Draftee
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Didn't fowkes only recieve a yellow card?

Let's talk about the upcoming grand final instead of how horrible the umps are,
Because let's face it, they will never get any better.

UPWEY VS WOORI: Who's going to come home with the cup and why?

My tip is Upwey, strong forward line, strong in the ruck, and the back line certainly proved
Themselves against wandin last week. (Although fowkes kicked 7) they still got the job done comfortably.

WOORI will be WOORI and put in a huge finals effort, but just won't scrape over the line.

RIP Tony S

Debutant
Jun 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
No problems with a free count being lobsided that can happen. The sheer ammount of free kicks paid in every finals game thus far seems to be very high

Rodeo clown

Draftee
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Scott Muir got a week for swearing earlier in the season. Must only apply to some club's the rule.

I wouldn't think that's any particular clubs fault. Maybe the umpire took offense and deemed it necessary to report muir. Either way it's a case by case basis.

RIP Tony S

Debutant
Jun 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Upwey Hedge will be really hard to stop. Upwey should note that While Bonuda held Fowkes really well WOrri did struggle to contain both Wratten and Oxley who booted 4 goals a piece.
If Hedge, Currey and Waters all spend bulk time forward I dont think that Woori will be able to stop all of them. Woori have also been very good at keeping teams under 3 goals a quarter this finals series. this will be harder to do on the wide open spaces of Healesville.
Upwey also have some hard bodies in the middle and some great gut runners who use the ball well on the outside.
No matter which way you look at it Upwey just appear to have the bases covered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rodeo clown

Draftee
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd also like to point out WOORI haven't played on healesville's ground since last year, and Upwey have the advantage of playing on it, then training on it with the weeks break.

Other matches: Under 18's, wandin vs woori
Reserves, Upwey vs mt Evelyn. Tips?

Adam H

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I wouldn't think that's any particular clubs fault. Maybe the umpire took offense and deemed it necessary to report muir. Either way it's a case by case basis.

Hardly the club's fault if a player get's suspended for a week and are the only one's that have copped that penalty.

Rodeo clown

Draftee
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Hardly the club's fault if a player get's suspended for a week and are the only one's that have copped that penalty.

It's not the clubs fault Adam H. As everyone on the forum and in footy in general, knows that things aren't always
Going to go as they want it to. As a player, we know to keep our mouth shut but it doesn't always pan out that way.

MS35

Debutant
Mar 16, 2010
Ferny Creek
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Upwey Hedge will be really hard to stop. Upwey should note that While Bonuda held Fowkes really well WOrri did struggle to contain both Wratten and Oxley who booted 4 goals a piece.
If Hedge, Currey and Waters all spend bulk time forward I dont think that Woori will be able to stop all of them. Woori have also been very good at keeping teams under 3 goals a quarter this finals series. this will be harder to do on the wide open spaces of Healesville.
Upwey also have some hard bodies in the middle and some great gut runners who use the ball well on the outside.
No matter which way you look at it Upwey just appear to have the bases covered

Agree with you but also, reminds me of Hawthorn Vs Sydney 2 weeks ago. Mumford, tippet and Pike all large bodies and include Jessie white vs Hawthorns dwarf like backs. hawthorn put Sydneys midfield under massive pressure and the likes of Gibson and Lake just smashed the ball to ground. The smalls mopped up and hit targets.
Not impossible, just need woori to put 4 qtrs. of sustained pressure and anything can happen.

Adam H

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Woori has the best defence of all club's when all are available. Also the player's play for Ryno who is the coach of the year once again.

RIP Tony S

Debutant
Jun 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
In the Sydney V Hawthorn case I think that Hawthorn was the better team talent wise anyway so even if with Sydney's tall's Hawthorn were just better.
In this case I just think Upwey will have to many players that are capable of being match winners.

Upwey can be wasteful in front of goal and can fade in the second half if Woori were to win it would have to be a close a game and Upwey would have to show up well below there best.
Upwey will win the ressies by 10 goals and Wandin will go back to back in the U18's by about 5 goals

Rufee Ralph

Debutant
Feb 27, 2012
At home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Seniors: upwey for mine by 5 or 6 goals, just too many weapons for a gallant woori.
Twos: upwey. It will be a massacre.
18's: wandins kids looked good 2 weeks ago so happy to tip them in hopefully a good game of kids footy.
Hopefully the weather is good and we aren't talking about umpires or the league or the venue being poor this time next week and just a great showpiece of footy as it should be.

Cheap Whine

Rookie
Nov 21, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
No problems with a free count being lobsided that can happen. The sheer ammount of free kicks paid in every finals game thus far seems to be very high
I agree Rufee. The umps need to let the players do their thing a bit more this weekend. Pay the obvious frees that are there but let the iffy ones go. Its a GFl and the endeavour and intensity will be high, the attack at the contest will be vigorous and if the umps pay tiggy-touchwood frees early, it will certainly take away from the spectacle. Set the tone and step into the shadows. Neither team nor the crowd would want to see the game taken over by the umps....

The Chieftain

Draftee
Aug 18, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Seniors: Woori seem to have a lot of fight and belief but i think Upwey are just too strong across the board. Upwey by 6 goals.
Ressies: Upwey have looked a class above all year, its amazing the depth they have between their 1s and 2s. Mt Ev showed a bit in the 4th last week but I'd pick upwey by 10-12 goals.
18's: Wandin seem to have a very tight back 6 and appear to have a bit more depth, Wandin over Woori by 4 goals in a good display of the future of the league.

fortune_feats13

Draftee
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wouldn't think it is as clear cut as that. With that group a spot in the Grand Final would be the bare minimum as a pass.
Blaming a coach for the result on the weekend finger?? Always amazes me how people from the outside looking in from can make judgements like that on a game of football. Wandin would as a whole group accept the fact they weren't good enough on the day, not down to Bayliss as a coach!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back